The Cup of Stanley 10-11

Julien on the other hand, great in the regular season but playoffs....bad track record with bruins.

He's never been past the second round of the playoffs with ANY team he's coached in the NHL.

Thomas, Chara, and bergeron are all good players, hence my stupid stick comment ;).

Sure Thomas is a little too wild in the net at times but he does save a LOT of shots, best in the league save percentage for the season IIRC.

And Bergeron is good even if he made a stupid clear that ended up causing the loss last night. Well that and NO ONE scored after the first goal....AGAIN.

Thomas, Chara, and bergeron are all good players, hence my stupid stick comment ;).

Being a Good/Great player is only PART of the equation so far as I'm concerned. In my mind there is another attribute that needs to be part of the equation... being a SUCCESSFUL player. I don't believe that any players should be in the HOF unless they have achieved BOTH Greatness and Success. For example....

Bobby Orr.... Great Player and Won the Cup: Hall of Famer

Ray Borque (my favorite player of all time).... Great Player, but if he hadn't won the Cup in Colorado I would suggest he didn't belong in the Hall of Fame

Cam Neely.... Great Player, no Ring: No Hall of Fame in my mind.

The true GREATS have the ability to put their teams on their backs and carry them to a Championship.

Being a Good/Great player is only PART of the equation so far as I'm concerned. In my mind there is another attribute that needs to be part of the equation... being a SUCCESSFUL player. I don't believe that any players should be in the HOF unless they have achieved BOTH Greatness and Success. For example....

Ray Borque (my favorite player of all time).... Great Player, but if he hadn't won the Cup in Colorado I would suggest he didn't belong in the Hall of Fame

The true GREATS have the ability to put their teams on their backs and carry them to a Championship.

Certainly even the greats never had a greater ignore list than you though... :thup:

It would be fairly hard for a defenseman to carry a team to a championship. I can see your point where forwards and goalies are concerned.

I'm not a Chara fan. He doesn't appear to put full effort on the ice; to be fair to him, his extremely large frame may have more to do with it than the amount of effort, it's hard to say.

This is obviously just my opinion, but if you don't watch a game 7 your team is playing in, especially after watching the previous games, you are not a fan. Being a sports fan involves enjoying the good AND suffering through the bad. Being in a playoff game 7 isn't a bad, even if you think they should have won the last game :)

This is obviously just my opinion, but if you don't watch a game 7 your team is playing in, especially after watching the previous games, you are not a fan. Being a sports fan involves enjoying the good AND suffering through the bad. Being in a playoff game 7 isn't a bad, even if you think they should have won the last game :)

As I said earlier, until they make those changes they're not a rooting interest of mine anymore. I do not have the time, interest, or energy to invest in teams that I don't think are doing things the right way or meeting my expectations. I require a return on the investment of my time, attention, and energy.

I walked away from the Boston Red Sox after Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS and haven't followed them with anything more than a passing interest since.

Milan Lucic awaits word on possible suspension

Hit on Jaroslav Spacek may lead to suspension

MONTREAL — The Bruins found themselves down a man, a very big man, early in the second period of last night’s 2-1 loss to the Canadiens in Game 6 of their first-round playoff series.

Milan Lucic was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct after he hit Jaroslav Spacek into the boards at center ice. Spacek hit his head on the glass and got cut. He fell to the ice and stayed there for quite a while until he was attended to by the team trainer. Spacek eventually got up and was led to the dressing room. He got a few stitches and returned to the game, playing 16:31.

If the league stays consistent — and that’s a big if — Lucic should be able to play in tonight’s Game 7.

Milan Lucic awaits word on possible suspension - BostonHerald.com

:eusa_pray:

That wont happen, it was NOT a hit to the head. Its clearly visable in the footage that lucic hit him in the body.

Phew! :D

BOSTON -- The Boston Bruins will have forward Milan Lucic in the lineup for Game 7 against the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night at TD Garden.

2011 Stanley Cup playoffs: Boston Bruins' Milan Lucic won't be suspended for hit - ESPN Boston

That wont happen, it was NOT a hit to the head. Its clearly visable in the footage that lucic hit him in the body.

BOSTON -- The Boston Bruins will have forward Milan Lucic in the lineup for Game 7 against the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night at TD Garden.

2011 Stanley Cup playoffs: Boston Bruins' Milan Lucic won't be suspended for hit - ESPN Boston

:D im good like that ;)

Well actually im such a hockey freak that i've seen the EXACT same hit happen before with the same in-game penalities and the same decision, no suspension.

Valerie is a Bruins Fan? :)

:D im good like that ;)

Well actually im such a hockey freak that i've seen the EXACT same hit happen before with the same in-game penalities and the same decision, no suspension.

Valerie is a Bruins Fan? :)

:beer:

Damn. What a great night for me. My Bruins and Lightning both won!!!!!

I am shocked the Bolts came back in the series like they did. Winning 3 in a row is damn hard in playoff hockey.

Epic meltdown by Montreal....congrats Bruins fans!

:beer:

They hadn’t won a Game 7 of any kind since 1994, when they played in the Old Garden and Boston had a new mayor named Tom Menino.

They were eliminated in heartbreaking Game 7s each of the last three seasons, and there were questions about their hearts and souls when they took the ice last night for the final game of their 33d playoff series against the hated Montreal Canadiens.

For one night, the Bruins made all the pain go away. No more agita on ice. Nathan Horton’s booming slap shot in the sixth minute of overtime beat the Canadiens, 4-3, in Game 7 of their first-round playoff series last night at TD Garden.

Game 7. Bruins-Canadiens. Overtime. How much better does it get?

Game 7 joy for Bruins - The Boston Globe

bruins-logo.jpg

Epic meltdown by Montreal....congrats Bruins fans!

Nothing to congratulate the Bruins for. They beat a LOWER SEEDED TEAM in a FIRST ROUND Playoff Series. It took them ALL 7 GAMES to do it, and in THREE of their four wins, it required OVERTIME to get the job done. That's not something to celebrate in my mind.

The bruins deserved the win...not based on gameplay but based on montreal's cheap cheating tactics of trying to get penalties through acting and diving.

That 3rd goal by kelley was instant carma and that last goal by horton made me feel better about suban's goal on thomas.

Round 2 starts this weekend on Broad Street in Philadelphia against the Flyers. For sure, there are plenty of Philadelphia stories to be told, but let the Bruins and their fans enjoy last night for a few more hours.

Nothing could top the abject failure of the 2010 Bruins, who had a 3-0 series lead in the second round against the Flyers, saw the dominance fizzle as the Flyers won three straight, then came home to Causeway Street and lost, 4-3, after leading, 3-0.

A 3-0 lead at home in a Game 7 is a lock . . . unless you are the Bruins. Those Bruins coughed up four consecutive goals and went home for a summer of speculation about their mental toughness.

This was a lot of luggage to carry into the Jeremy Jacobs barn last night.

Game 7 joy for Bruins - The Boston Globe

chara-ap-090416.jpg

The bruins deserved the win...not based on gameplay but based on montreal's cheap cheating tactics of trying to get penalties through acting and diving.

That 3rd goal by kelley was instant carma and that last goal by horton made me feel better about suban's goal on thomas.

Yep, they were flopping all over trying to draw penalties, it was pathetic...

did you see the Suban one where he was holding onto the stick and then just fell over backwards......I'm so glad they lost.

They are a good team and don't need to stoop to diving, their behavior really tarnishes the NHL.

did you see the Suban one where he was holding onto the stick and then just fell over backwards......I'm so glad they lost.

They are a good team and don't need to stoop to diving, their behavior really tarnishes the NHL.

Yes, he was holding his stick and pretending he was being hooked down. I was so annoyed when he was the one to score the tying goal, too...

Then there was that other one who ran right into our guy who was standing still, and the Montreal player went down and acted like he just got hit by a bus... :eusa_liar:

Yes, he was holding his stick and pretending he was being hooked down. I was so annoyed when he was the one to score the tying goal, too...

Then there was that other one who ran right into our guy who was standing still, and the Montreal player went down and acted like he just got hit by a bus... :eusa_liar:

Yeah and he was back on the ice within 6 min like nothing happened....i thought that they had to stay in the dark room for 15 min ;)......unless your diving of corse.

Ok i'm done bashing on montreal for poor sportsmanship, lol.

Forum List

Back