The Crusades: Why are we still fighting them?

Being atheists would make all of these people more honest. There is no more excuse that they are doing anything for any god.

Just think, they would have to shoulder the idea that they do all of the killing and hating all on their and for themselves.

Oh yes--honest killing is much preferred over hypocrisy.

She failed miserably claiming Islam was a religion of peace and tolerance so now this. Claiming wars fought a 1000 years ago somehow prove we hate Muslims today.

You continue to lie. I never stated that Islam is a religion of peace. Do you think if you repeat that lie often enough it will stick? I have stated the truth. The vast majority of Muslims worldwide are living in peace and are not terrorists.

Your thread title and your premise are that Islam is a peaceful religion. Further you have claimed Islam is tolerant, yet when shown reams of evidence that Islam is in fact the most intolerant lot around you start attacking Christians. Go figure.

Go ahead remind us how every single Islamic Country SUPPORTS world wide Terror, How every major head of the Muslim faith makes excuses for terrorism. How millions of Muslims fight for Islam and millions more pay the terrorists to continue fighting.

Then show us a reciprocity in the Christian faith. And not from 1000 years ago.

She failed miserably claiming Islam was a religion of peace and tolerance so now this. Claiming wars fought a 1000 years ago somehow prove we hate Muslims today.

You continue to lie. I never stated that Islam is a religion of peace. Do you think if you repeat that lie often enough it will stick? I have stated the truth. The vast majority of Muslims worldwide are living in peace and are not terrorists.

Your thread title and your premise are that Islam is a peaceful religion. Further you have claimed Islam is tolerant, yet when shown reams of evidence that Islam is in fact the most intolerant lot around you start attacking Christians. Go figure.

Go ahead remind us how every single Islamic Country SUPPORTS world wide Terror, How every major head of the Muslim faith makes excuses for terrorism. How millions of Muslims fight for Islam and millions more pay the terrorists to continue fighting.

Then show us a reciprocity in the Christian faith. And not from 1000 years ago.

Hello? It was Jaguar's thread title. I do not claim that Islam is a peaceful religion. I know Sufis are peaceful. They are a mystical form of Islam. I've met and been close to Sufis. I can attest the ones I've known have been beautiful loving beings who wouldn't harm a fly and who are tolerant of other spiritual paths. I've told you I love Sufi poems. That's all true.

Your problem is you think ALL Muslims are alike. I don't. There are some horrible Muslims out there doing unspeakable crimes. They need to be stopped. I agree with you.

The number of Muslims who are committing terrorist acts is quite small when you consider 1.5 billion people.

I concede that there are violent passages in the Qur'an and that they appear to support/justify terrorism. Terrorism is real. Islamic fundamentalism and oppression is real.

Not all Muslims are evil.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I think we're still fighting the Crusades. Christians and Jews want the Holy Land back. Muslims want to keep their land.

Last edited:
Truth is in the East there are temples built on temples built on temples. Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist.

If the lands are so holy why is there so much bloodshed?

How the Buddhists view this. It is the enemies job to knock down the holy shrines and it is the Buddhist job to rebuild them.

Last edited:
All of which leads me to believe that an atheists world would be better off then one misguided by religion.

I'd have to disagree. Athiestic societies have a much higher slaughter rate than religious ones.

I'd have to disagree. Athiestic societies have a much higher slaughter rate than religious ones.

Prove it.

Are you completely ignorant of all the death and destruction caused by athiestic regimes in the 20th century?

Everyone, religious and non religious has death and destruction attributed to them.

My point is that the religious have done it under the guise of god. Atheists don't use god as a reason for their behavior.

Prove it.

Are you completely ignorant of all the death and destruction caused by athiestic regimes in the 20th century?

Everyone, religious and non religious has death and destruction attributed to them.

My point is that the religious have done it under the guise of god. Atheists don't use god as a reason for their behavior.

Yes, if I'm gonna be exterminated, I'm definately happier if an atheist does it.

Killing for no reason at all is much better

Meh, I think most would agree that killing for chocolate is best.

No killing is better, but doing it in the name of some "god" or for a "gods" purpose is in my opinion worse.

No killing is better, but doing it in the name of some "god" or for a "gods" purpose is in my opinion worse.

dead is dead---rationalizing one as better than the other is bullshit.

dead is dead---rationalizing one as better than the other is bullshit.

:eek:

But...but....

evtpg-title.png

All of which leads me to believe that an atheists world would be better off then one misguided by religion.

Prove it.

Read up on Atheist Soviet Union and the MILLIONS murdered there. Try Pol Pot and his murders, or maybe Communist China?

Are you actually claiming you have never heard about the MILLIONS murdered by these4 regimes? Well then you do claim Muslims are tolerant. And claim they are peaceful and justify the claim by citing one of the smallest Muslim factions in existence.

Forum List

Back