The constitution says there should be NO federal restrictions on guns

The scotus doesnt agree with you

Of course. They are federal officials and want the feds deciding everything. That's not what the founding fathers wanted. They put the states above the federal govt.

It always amazes me that people who insist they know what the founding fathers wanted have never bothered to read the Constitution.

You're the one who hasn't read the constitution. The FF wrote the 10th amendment and the Supremacy Clause and created the electoral college. That proves they believed in states rights.

America was founded on states rights and we need to return to that.

Oh really? Then I guess the states should have the right to ban guns as they choose.

No -the second amendment applies to them too, but they do have the right to restrict gun ownership. The feds have no authority to do anything about guns.

i hope i simplified that enough for you.

Of course. They are federal officials and want the feds deciding everything. That's not what the founding fathers wanted. They put the states above the federal govt.

They did just the opposite. They put the Supremacy Clause in the Constitution for that very reason,

i.e., the opposite.

Read the supremacy clause esp the words "made in pursuance thereof". That gives the states the right to nullify federal laws.

They did just the opposite. They put the Supremacy Clause in the Constitution for that very reason,

i.e., the opposite.

Read the supremacy clause esp the words "made in pursuance thereof". That gives the states the right to nullify federal laws.

Or exceed them?

i.e., the opposite.

That's idiocy. The Supremacy Clause forbids the states from passing laws that conflict with federal/constitutional law. Period.

America was founded on states rights and we need to return to that.

Oh really? Then I guess the states should have the right to ban guns as they choose.

No -the second amendment applies to them too, but they do have the right to restrict gun ownership. The feds have no authority to do anything about guns.

You're wrong. We have severe federal restrictions on automatic weapons that prove you're wrong.

i.e., the opposite.

When is the last time a state nullified a federal law and passed constitutional scrutiny?

That's idiocy. The Supremacy Clause forbids the states from passing laws that conflict with federal/constitutional law. Period.

You haven't read it. It says the constitution is above state law yes, but federal laws are void if a state says the federal law violates the constitution.

Only constitutional federal laws are above state laws. And the states decide if the federal law is constitutional. That's what the 10th amendment says.

You're wrong. We have severe federal restrictions on automatic weapons that prove you're wrong.

HAHAHA. Everyone knows the feds have passed lots of gun laws - and the states should have nullified all of them. Perhaps they're gonna start doing that now.

Forum List

Back