The Coalition that got Trump elected isn't going away

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
https://nypost.com/2018/05/05/the-coalition-that-got-trump-elected-isnt-going-away/

Informative piece to read.

But, he says, when the establishment Democrats stopped caring about his people, he stopped caring about them.
“My party, the party that was supposed to be the party of the working guy, the guy I stood up for and worked for all of my career, was no longer part of this new ascending Democratic coalition. Blue-collar America essentially had the door shut in its face,” Harry says.
How did a thrice-married, Playmate-courting, areligious New York billionaire become the leader of an evangelical political crusade? He punched back. And he offered a transaction: In exchange for Christian conservatives’ support, he vowed to defeat the enemies of religious liberty. Ultimately, they saw him as a warrior for religious freedom.
Smith says her dissatisfaction grew as she looked around her community. The main-street business district where her bakery is located was sprinkled with closed storefronts. The opioid crisis had ravaged the area, and every news story was about job cuts instead of job creation.

“I am kind of that voter that was hiding in plain sight that no one saw coming. I was right here all along. I’ve seen the job losses here, the rising crime, the mess and heroin problem, society essentially losing hope. Something just gave in within me,” she said.
“One of the things I think Democrats did not understand about women and guns is that empowerment that a gun gives you.”

I hope the dumbocrats continue to ignore the real issues. This time around it will be even funnier when they lose than it was in 2016.

I'm sure the book the author is trying to sell via their "column" in the Post is very entertaining. I'm sure it's full of well-selected interviews with "good old working class folks" straight out of central casting, but it will undoubtably miss the point.

Elections are decided by 2 things.

99% of the time, who wins is determined by which side votes more.
1% of the time, who wins is determined by the "independents".

We are still here and growing in numbers....

The non-whites are growing faster, though.

Sux2bu

What you just said , makes this meme so true

images (4).jpeg

Forum List

Back