The Christian Tithe ripoff.

Verses supporting tithing in the New Testament

Luke 11:42
42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Matthew 23:23
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

A revelation from God regarding the payment of tithing.

Doctrine and Covenants 64:23
23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.

Verses supporting tithing in the New Testament

Luke 11:42
42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Matthew 23:23
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

A revelation from God regarding the payment of tithing.

Doctrine and Covenants 64:23
23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his new coming

In none of these verses does God or Christ command that we tithe, this is a common Christian trick trying to change scripture.

What's one thing famous Christian Pastors have in common?

Their rich!

The Christian tithe is milking the world of its money , just as its theology is milking the world of its salvation.

The Christian tithe is milking the world of its money , just as its theology is milking the world of its salvation.
How much does the President make? How much does the President give back in charity?

I think the presidents salary is 200,000 a year, the average mega church pastors salary is in the millions. How much do they give back in charity?

How much does the President make? How much does the President give back in charity?

I think the presidents salary is 200,000 a year, the average mega church pastors salary is in the millions. How much do they give back in charity?
How Much Does The President Make?
By Brian Warner on January 20, 2015 in ArticlesEntertainment
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ar...n-hill-opening-private-museum-art-collection/
President of the United States Salary: How much money does President make a year? President Barack Obama earns a base salary of $400,000 per year. He is also given a few nice bonuses like an annual expense account, a travel account and a $20,000 entertainment stipend. These fringe benefits bring the President's total salary to just over $550,000 each year. Has the president always been paid so little (relatively), considering the weight and responsibility of the job? Well, some decades are better than others. For example, back in the late 1700s, when America was young, the president's annual salary was $25,000. If you adjust $25,000 for inflation, that figure translates to about $560,000, which is approximately Obama's salary today including the perks. By contrast, President Richard Nixon's salary in 1969 was $200,000, which is a little over $1 million dollars in today dollars. He may have claimed not to be a crook, but in presidential salary terms, he was a hustler. Still, that's nothing compared to President Theodore Roosevelt. The first Roosevelt earned a salary of $75,000 per year — in modern bucks, that's $1.7 million dollars. You could buy a lot of Teddy Bears with that kinda scratch.

Let's compare President Obama's net worth to other living presidents. Obama has a net worth of $12.2 million dollars. Former president George H. W. Bush is worth $15 million and his son George W. Bush is more than twice that amount at $35 million. However, none of them are in the league of Bill Clinton, who is worth $80 million dollars! (I bet he's grateful Hillary never demanded a divorce!). Clinton's former Vice President's not doing bad either: Al Gore has a net worth of $300 million! Gore's Global Warming documentary An Inconvenient Truth and television network Current TV made Al a ton of money. Still, if you're adding up the net worth of the living US presidents vs. the top earning actors who have played US presidents in movies or TV, the actors will win hands down. Martin Sheen (West Wing): $50 million. Stephen Colbert (Monsters vs. Aliens): $45 million. Harrison Ford (Air Force One): $200 million. If you're in the "presidential game" purely for salary, I would take a months-long superstar movie gig over 4 years on the government payroll.

However, we should remember that Barack Obama is relatively young. He has many years to write more books, serve on the advisory boards for corporations and accept lucrative speaking engagements Clinton currently earns $250,000 per speech! So what do you think? Is the President underpaid

President of the United States Salary: How much money does President make a year? President Barack Obama earns a base salary of $400,000 per year. He is also given a few nice bonuses like an annual expense account, a travel account and a $20,000 entertainment stipend. These fringe benefits bring the President's total salary to just over $550,000 each year. Has the president always been paid so little (relatively), considering the weight and responsibility of the job? Well, some decades are better than others. For example, back in the late 1700s, when America was young, the president's annual salary was $25,000. If you adjust $25,000 for inflation, that figure translates to about $560,000, which is approximately Obama's salary today including the perks. By contrast, President Richard Nixon's salary in 1969 was $200,000, which is a little over $1 million dollars in today dollars. He may have claimed not to be a crook, but in presidential salary terms, he was a hustler. Still, that's nothing compared to President Theodore Roosevelt. The first Roosevelt earned a salary of $75,000 per year — in modern bucks, that's $1.7 million dollars. You could buy a lot of Teddy Bears with that kinda scratch.

Let's compare President Obama's net worth to other living presidents. Obama has a net worth of $12.2 million dollars. Former president George H. W. Bush is worth $15 million and his son George W. Bush is more than twice that amount at $35 million. However, none of them are in the league of Bill Clinton, who is worth $80 million dollars! (I bet he's grateful Hillary never demanded a divorce!). Clinton's former Vice President's not doing bad either: Al Gore has a net worth of $300 million! Gore's Global Warming documentary An Inconvenient Truth and television network Current TV made Al a ton of money. Still, if you're adding up the net worth of the living US presidents vs. the top earning actors who have played US presidents in movies or TV, the actors will win hands down. Martin Sheen (West Wing): $50 million. Stephen Colbert (Monsters vs. Aliens): $45 million. Harrison Ford (Air Force One): $200 million. If you're in the "presidential game" purely for salary, I would take a months-long superstar movie gig over 4 years on the government payroll.

However, we should remember that Barack Obama is relatively young. He has many years to write more books, serve on the advisory boards for corporations and accept lucrative speaking engagements Clinton currently earns $250,000 per speech! So what do you think? Is the President underpaid

No I don't think presidents are under paid , I think pastors are over paid. The bible does not support clergy salaries, you support it; but quit trying to say the bible supports it. Give me the biblical scriptures that support the clergy salary; this I got to see.

No I don't think presidents are under paid , I think pastors are over paid. The bible does not support clergy salaries, you support it; but quit trying to say the bible supports it. Give me the biblical scriptures that support the clergy salary; this I got to see.
Question: "Should pastors be paid a salary?"

Answer:
A church should definitely provide for the financial needs of its pastor(s) and any other full-time ministers. First Corinthians 9:14 gives the church clear instruction: “The Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.” We pay people to prepare and serve our physical food; shouldn’t we also be willing to pay those who see to our spiritual food? And, honestly, which is more important—physical food or spiritual food—based on Matthew 4:4?

First Timothy 5:17–18 says, “The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, ‘Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,’ and ‘The worker deserves his wages.’” There are several points made in this passage. Church elders should be honored, and this honor includes wages. Those elders who serve the church well—especially teachers and preachers—should receive double honor. They have earned it. It would be cruel to work an ox while denying it grain, and we should take care not to treat our pastors cruelly. Let them share in the material blessings of the congregation they serve. Our pastors are worth more than many oxen.

There is nothing spiritual about making a pastor “suffer for the Lord.” Yes, a pastor has been divinely called to his ministry, but it does not follow that a congregation should say, “Let God take care of him.” God says the local church is responsible to take care of him and his family. Caring for the spiritual needs of a congregation is an important work—probably more important than other things we normally spend money on, such as meeting our physical needs, maintaining our vehicles, and entertaining ourselves. See 1 Corinthians 9:7.

It is true that the apostle Paul supported himself as he ministered in Corinth (1 Corinthians 9:12). He drew no salary from the Corinthians. But he made it clear that he did this as a voluntary sacrifice on their behalf, “that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel” (verse 18). Paul did take wages from other churches (2 Corinthians 11:8). His arrangement in Corinth was the exception, not the rule.

Sometimes a church is just not able to provide sufficient finances for a pastor. The pastor in such cases is forced to be bi-vocational, having no choice but to work outside the church to support his family. This is regrettable but sometimes necessary. It is usually better for a pastor to be paid full-time so he can fully dedicate himself to the Lord’s work of ministering to and shepherding the congregation God has entrusted to him.

Question: "Should pastors be paid a salary?"

Answer:
A church should definitely provide for the financial needs of its pastor(s) and any other full-time ministers. First Corinthians 9:14 gives the church clear instruction: “The Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.” We pay people to prepare and serve our physical food; shouldn’t we also be willing to pay those who see to our spiritual food? And, honestly, which is more important—physical food or spiritual food—based on Matthew 4:4?

First Timothy 5:17–18 says, “The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, ‘Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,’ and ‘The worker deserves his wages.’” There are several points made in this passage. Church elders should be honored, and this honor includes wages. Those elders who serve the church well—especially teachers and preachers—should receive double honor. They have earned it. It would be cruel to work an ox while denying it grain, and we should take care not to treat our pastors cruelly. Let them share in the material blessings of the congregation they serve. Our pastors are worth more than many oxen.

There is nothing spiritual about making a pastor “suffer for the Lord.” Yes, a pastor has been divinely called to his ministry, but it does not follow that a congregation should say, “Let God take care of him.” God says the local church is responsible to take care of him and his family. Caring for the spiritual needs of a congregation is an important work—probably more important than other things we normally spend money on, such as meeting our physical needs, maintaining our vehicles, and entertaining ourselves. See 1 Corinthians 9:7.

It is true that the apostle Paul supported himself as he ministered in Corinth (1 Corinthians 9:12). He drew no salary from the Corinthians. But he made it clear that he did this as a voluntary sacrifice on their behalf, “that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel” (verse 18). Paul did take wages from other churches (2 Corinthians 11:8). His arrangement in Corinth was the exception, not the rule.

Sometimes a church is just not able to provide sufficient finances for a pastor. The pastor in such cases is forced to be bi-vocational, having no choice but to work outside the church to support his family. This is regrettable but sometimes necessary. It is usually better for a pastor to be paid full-time so he can fully dedicate himself to the Lord’s work of ministering to and shepherding the congregation God has entrusted to him.

Goodness , Christians sure know how to rape the bible; 1Corinth. 9:14," Even so the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel." This has absolutely nothing to do with money, it means obedience to the word you are preaching. Boy , you Christians have been taken for a long ride. Your stifling the gospel and putting burdens on people.

What's this $173. seed the priests of bel are asking for now? They say otcs for a breakthrough, what is that supposed to mean a BREAKTHROUGH? IS that the code word for breaking ground for a new swimming pool or vacation home?

Here's another one this morning, unbelievable.
This Campmeeting broadcast had a evangelist stating about the cause and affect connectivity that if some lose money equal amounts are gained by another and if someone gains that means someone is losing it, AND THAT HE one day woke up and decided he was gonna to be the one gaining the money as the other is losing.
In other words sorry fools, he's gonna be on the receiving end of his donators losing it to him. *LOL*
How do you continue on after hearing that admission?
And I think I know why this pastor justifies his actions. If what he said prior is true, he was picked on severly as a child and deep inside this guy feels human beings in general are evil and deserve to be taken advantage of. That's a disturbing logic worse then his money logic, because he is grouping innocent people for the acts of those he had bad experience with, much like Radicals do, Christians did blanket blaming all Jews for what Rome had done, Jilted people blame whole genders for a few bad relationships, Racial blames (on all sides), Cops being blanketed and blamed collectively, etc.
Religion, ethics, morality, does not work without understanding human behavior, social sciences and such that affect our justification for the manner in which we roll the Bull that we do-Scarab 101.

The Christian tithe is a rip off of churches that use the bible for milking their members of money ; members that refuse to study the subject of tithing and see the truth.

I am ignorant of the details of tithing and I appreciate the education. It helps me understand a little better what motivated my Dad.

You aren't going to get an education from this guy, I don't think he knows any ministers.

I am ignorant of the details of tithing and I appreciate the education. It helps me understand a little better what motivated my Dad.

You aren't going to get an education from this guy, I don't think he knows any ministers.

Oh I know plenty of them; but the bible itself can educate a reader on false ministers; you don't have to know them, you can just smell them ; greed and deception smells the same.

Oh I know plenty of them; but the bible itself can educate a reader on false ministers; you don't have to know them, you can just smell them ; greed and deception smells the same.

You know, I have never met anybody who comes to church who doesn't expect the heat and air conditioning to be working, for the landscaping to be done and the food pantry to be full. Maybe you think that just happens by itself, or that God alone does it in the middle of he night?

So the Bible educates you on false ministers, does it? Does it also educate you on bearing false witness?

So the Bible educates you on false ministers, does it? Does it also educate you on bearing false witness?

Sure. Its usually the false ministers and false priests who are bearing false witness.

I heard that some priests actually have the audacity to try to snag people into their churches by claiming that God is edible and that they just happen to have exclusive distribution rights to his flesh. Then, for a nominal service charge, they hand you something as tasteless as it is lifeless that doesn't even qualify as a cheap snack food for 'believers' to worship and eat. Imagine that!

I have no idea why anyone ever goes back, unless of course they lost their minds in the process.

Maybe that bronze age fairy tale and warning about a talking serpent always on the prowl trying to possess the souls of the gullible through deception has some merit to it? You know, the part where it says that in the very day that you allow Satan to enter your mind to perpetuate evil you will surely die.

Last edited:

You know, I have never met anybody who comes to church who doesn't expect the heat and air conditioning to be working, for the landscaping to be done and the food pantry to be full. Maybe you think that just happens by itself, or that God alone does it in the middle of he night?

Oh the bible is not against giving , but it is against giving " under compulsion" ; or making members think they must give or they get cursed or will not be blessed. And I don't think God is in charge of any of those churches you mentioned in your example.

One of us is bearing false witness for sure. I love to know when I am wrong, but Christians think they are right all the time.

Forum List

Back