The children of Chicago and their parents suffer while the left abuse their power.

Heck if those kiddies dont get their superior state educations they might wind up shooting up the city.......................

Not going to end well for the teachers union. This was a terrible idea to do this on the first month of the school year. They look ridiculous and parents of school kids have every right to be upset at this move by the teachers union.

I can't muster up too much sympathy for the children. It's clear that the parents never considered school more than free baby sitting services anyway. This is like watching two low-life and worthless gangs fighting between themselves in a turf war.

• Banned
I can't muster up too much sympathy for the children. It's clear that the parents never considered school more than free baby sitting services anyway. This is like watching two low-life and worthless gangs fighting between themselves in a turf war.

What the fuck are you talking about. School has ALWAYS been what it is and now you want to fault parents for relying on what's normal?

I'm guessing you have no children

What the fuck are you talking about. School has ALWAYS been what it is and now you want to fault parents for relying on what's normal?

I have seen what katz describes

I have seen what katz describes

I'm sure we've all seen shitty parents but that has NOTHING to do with what the unions are doing to families in Chicago.

Have you read the complaints the parents have? Is there one concerned that the kids are missing school? Has anyone mentioned the impact on that child's education? It's not like the children are doing anything more than hanging out with their friends and taking free bus rides. Here's the position of the ignorant:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/e...s-that-deal-isnt-close.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1
on the city’s North Side, where one sign read, “Your kids deserve what Rahm’s kids get,” an allusion to the mayor’s children’s attendance at a private school.

Rahm's kids go to a non-union school! If they really deserve what Rahm's kids get, it would be to go to a school that doesn't have a teacher's union.

Not going to end well for the teachers union. This was a terrible idea to do this on the first month of the school year. They look ridiculous and parents of school kids have every right to be upset at this move by the teachers union.

good point CC, i agree.

American Thinker
09/11/2012
Matthew Holzmann

Excerpt:

Chicago's teachers have the highest average salary in the country at $76,000/year and according to the Mayor's office, the financial side of the $400 Million deal is done. 4%/year raises have been agreed to, taking them to $88,900/year by 2016.

The Mayor's office stated that: "The two remaining stumbling blocks involve re-hiring laid off teachers from schools that get shut down or shaken up and a new teacher evaluation process that the union says puts far too much weight on student test scores."

So while 404,000 students are missing school, the real issues are accountability and union job protection.

Article

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/246149-teachers-union-runs-amok-again.html

American Thinker
09/11/2012
Matthew Holzmann

Excerpt:

Chicago's teachers have the highest average salary in the country at $76,000/year and according to the Mayor's office, the financial side of the $400 Million deal is done. 4%/year raises have been agreed to, taking them to $88,900/year by 2016.

The Mayor's office stated that: "The two remaining stumbling blocks involve re-hiring laid off teachers from schools that get shut down or shaken up and a new teacher evaluation process that the union says puts far too much weight on student test scores."

So while 404,000 students are missing school, the real issues are accountability and union job protection.

Article

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/246149-teachers-union-runs-amok-again.html

Yup. It's the gimmie at any cost union thugs. You would have thought they would have learned from Wisconsin.

What gets me is the Teachers union thinks they deserve a huge raise for failing to teach children. Chicago school children are abysmal. Most arent even at their grade level.

Must be pissing Rahm off to have Romney and Ryan supporting the children against the Unions. Good way to stick it to Rahm while looking like they are "working together"

Forum List

Back