Zone1 The Chicago Nobody Wants to See

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015

EPIC Academy Raised Over $110,000 at Annual Dare to Imagine Benefit​

June 24, 2022

1657608080235.png

This month, Chicago’s South Side Epic Academy College Prep, a public, open-enrollment charter high school, hosted its 2022 Dare to Imagine fundraising benefit themed “Investing in Tomorrow’s Legends” at the Palmer House Hilton. Nearly 200 guests attended the event for an evening filled with fun and inspiration. With the support of generous sponsors, attendees, volunteers and in-kind and monetary donations, EPIC raised more than $110,000. Corporate sponsors included; KRD, Ltd., Apogem Capital, JGMA and Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM). Funds raised will help further EPIC’s mission for students to pursue excellence and high expectations for postsecondary success, working towards college and career readiness through a variety of pathways.

The inspirational evening featured a fireside chat with two students as they interviewed the benefit’s Visionary Leadership Award honoree, Mark Payne, executive director, Public Allies – Chicago. Payne has shown exemplary service and commitment to youth in Chicago. “EPIC Academy’s desire to create community leaders should be a goal for all schools. I am proud to be honored with the EPIC Visionary Leadership Award,” said Mark Payne, executive director, Public Allies.

Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM) was presented with the EPIC Dare to Imagine Award for demonstrating excellence and investment in helping EPIC students achieve their goals.

People need to stop believing the right wing media.

The Dusable Museum Announces New Name​

June 21, 2022

1657608711646.png

After more than 60 years, the nation’s first independent museum of Black history today unveiled a new name and new visual identity: The DuSable Museum of African American History is entering a new era as The DuSable Black History Museum and Education Center. The new name reaffirms the historic organization’s commitment to educating all people about Black history, culture and experience, and to recognize the global connections and cultures of Black people across the diaspora.

June 24, 2022

View attachment 669190

This month, Chicago’s South Side Epic Academy College Prep, a public, open-enrollment charter high school, hosted its 2022 Dare to Imagine fundraising benefit themed “Investing in Tomorrow’s Legends” at the Palmer House Hilton. Nearly 200 guests attended the event for an evening filled with fun and inspiration. With the support of generous sponsors, attendees, volunteers and in-kind and monetary donations, EPIC raised more than $110,000. Corporate sponsors included; KRD, Ltd., Apogem Capital, JGMA and Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM). Funds raised will help further EPIC’s mission for students to pursue excellence and high expectations for postsecondary success, working towards college and career readiness through a variety of pathways.

The inspirational evening featured a fireside chat with two students as they interviewed the benefit’s Visionary Leadership Award honoree, Mark Payne, executive director, Public Allies – Chicago. Payne has shown exemplary service and commitment to youth in Chicago. “EPIC Academy’s desire to create community leaders should be a goal for all schools. I am proud to be honored with the EPIC Visionary Leadership Award,” said Mark Payne, executive director, Public Allies.

Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM) was presented with the EPIC Dare to Imagine Award for demonstrating excellence and investment in helping EPIC students achieve their goals.

Why would people not want you to see this?

Good people trying to help their community is what ADULTS do.

Why would people not want you to see this?

Good people trying to help their community is what ADULTS do.
Is that why you and others only talk about the shootings and claim that blacks don't care about such things? I know what adults do. You apparently don't.

Is that why you and others only talk about the shootings and claim that blacks don't care about such things? I know what adults do. You apparently don't.

Ummm. I don't start those sort of threads, and when I see good things like this I post them.

You see, dear child, I know the black community can do anything they set their mind to.

They just need to stop listening to race baiting whores, like you, who keep them in perpetual slavery.

June 24, 2022

View attachment 669190

A measly $110k?

That wouldn’t even cover the costs of one gunshot victim.

Ummm. I don't start those sort of threads, and when I see good things like this I post them.

You see, dear child, I know the black community can do anything they set their mind to.

They just need to stop listening to race baiting whores, like you, who keep them in perpetual slavery.
The thing that needs to be done is for you racists to STFU and recognize that nobody is doing the shit you imagine.

Yeah? Great! Then STFU because you are the worst racist here.
Wrong again. Racism has a definition and the definition does not say-a person who posts in opposition to the racism he sees written. Nor does the definition say fact based criticism of policies made by whites that excluded blacks. Nor does it say holding whites who currently exhibit that behavior, such as you, accountable for it. Your definition of racist is not the definition. It is your attempt to gaslight. So like I said-"The thing that needs to be done is for you racists to STFU and recognize that nobody is doing the shit you imagine."

EPIC Academy High School Seniors Received Over $5 Million in College Scholarships​

1657617988003.png

EPIC Academy, a public, open-enrollment charter high school, serving African-American and Latino students in marginalized communities in South Chicago, hosted its annual Decision Day celebration at Chicago’s South Shore Cultural Center on May 18, 2022. EPIC students, families, and staff were in attendance. The annual event is a time for seniors to celebrate graduation and announce their colleges of choice and career pathways. Students received certificates of recognition and college shirts. Each student shared with the group a personal reflection and inspirational words to their peers. This year Epic Academy seniors received more than $5 million in college scholarships.

When people talk about what the media does not show, start with this. Academies like this is why Pastor Brooks needs to build a supermarket instead of a community center.

You say you don't start threads like that but you post race bait bullshit like this. What you said was stupid as hell and for you to believe that makes you stupid as hell.

You obviously agree with Clarance Thomas who believes every person is able to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, and some personal moral shortcoming is the only reason why more aren't able to do that. You're too arrogant and uncaring to see that some need help to reach those bootstraps.

June 24, 2022

View attachment 669190

Look everyone!

Blacks engaging in social discourse in Chicago without drug dealings going down and gun fire!

It really is possible? How do we know that these photos are not doctored?

Why do you limit it to the Right Wing Media... All you have to do is turn on the local news and hear horror stories of crime on the West and South sides, or how no one wants to go downtown anymore because of fear of getting mugged.

But some people held a fancy dinner to feel better about themselves.

Here's how we know they don't care. Because they haven't held Mayor Beetlejuice or Kim Foxx to account for them. The gangbangers can act with impunity now because they know nothing bad is going to happen to them.

This is the real Chicago:

Year To Date

Shot & Killed: 323
Shot & Wounded: 1437
Total Shot: 1760
Total Homicides: 353

Final Joyful Tally: 3 killed, 39 wounded
2021 weekend tally: 15 killed, 37 wounded
2020 weekend tally: 14 killed, 55 wounded
2019 weekend tally: 11 killed, 34 wounded
2018 weekend tally: 7 killed, 23 wounded
2017 weekend tally: 12 killed, 45 wounded
2016 weekend tally: 8 killed, 55 wounded
2015 weekend tally: 10 killed, 34 wounded
2014 weekend tally: 5 killed, 45 wounded

Friday 7/8
1:35p 7500 N Seeley, Rogers Park, M/19
5:45p 69th St Red Line, Grand Crossing, M/21
6:00p 100 S Cicero, Austin, M/31 (selfie)
7:00p 6400 S Kenwood, Woodlawn, M/22
9:00p 13000 S Drexel, Pullman, M/35
10:10p I55 @ Damen, Lower West Side, M/?
10:20p 8800 S Princeton, Roseland, M/31
Saturday 7/9
1:10a 4900 S Cicero, Garfield Ridge, M/24
Off-Duty Chicago Police Officer
shot after bar fight in Beverly
2:30a 2400 W 104th, Beverly, M/31

4:20p 1200 W 71st, Englewood, M/24
5:00p 6600 S Stewart, Englewood, M/66
7:05p 7300 S Perry, Grand Crossing, M/18
7:30p 10500 S Eggleston, Roseland, F/61
8:05p 1100 N Lockwood, Austin, M/31
8:05p 1100 N Lockwood, Austin, M/?