The case for price gouging

If you allow price discovery, then entrepreneurs would find ways to deliver gas to the affected area. You would be buying gas out of the back of some guy's truck instead of at the limited number of retailers who have power.

Since the price of gas is being suppressed, there is no profit motive for go-getters.

um no.....

Um, yes. Which would you prefer:

1. Wait in line for four hours and pay $3.85 a gallon, like people are doing now.

2. Wait in line ten minutes and pay $6.00 a gallon.

Gypsy gas stations?

LMAO.
SDo many potentioal problems with that concept I just do not know where to start.

Have you asked yourself why they don't have generators? Or do you just assume you know the answer?

money and laziness?

The margins at a gas station are razor thin. So yes, money. Laziness, no.

So it wasnt laziness on the part of the owners to not be prepared in case something like this ever happened?
It wasnt even lets say laziness on the state to not have mandated back-up power just in case something like this happened?

No the real problem is not letting the free market run the world.....Christ on a stick you are retarded.

This is just another lame LGS type thread.

um no.....

1. Wait in line for four hours and pay $3.85 a gallon, like people are doing now.

Gypsy gas stations?

LMAO.
SDo many potentioal problems with that concept I just do not know where to start.

Start anyway.

You would have to have economies of scale to succeed. That means the same trucks already in operation. You would not see some guy selling gas from five gallon cans out of the back of his pickup.

money and laziness?

So it wasnt laziness on the part of the owners to not be prepared in case something like this ever happened?
It wasnt even lets say laziness on the state to not have mandated back-up power just in case something like this happened?

No the real problem is not letting the free market run the world.....Christ on a stick you are retarded.

If margins at gas stations are so razor thin why do they keep on building them?
I do not think there is any govt regualtion forcing people to open gas stations.

money and laziness?

And how often does this happen in New Jersey? Once a century?

Huge waste of money for a once a century event.

The only retards are the ones who think you should spend a lot of money buying and maintaining equipment, and allocating space for that equipment, that would be used extremely rarely for a couple of days at the outside.

Last edited:

I do not think there is any govt regualtion forcing people to open gas stations.

Half of all restaurants fail in the first year. Why do people keep on building them?

Gypsy gas stations?

LMAO.

Start anyway.

You would have to have economies of scale to succeed. That means the same trucks already in operation. You would not see some guy selling gas from five gallon cans out of the back of his pickup.

Umm how many trucks have gas filling nozzles for autos on them and a way of measuring the gas for each sale?

the gas trucks I now of have great big hoses with maybe 3 inch fittings on the end. would fill up a Camry in maybe 3 sec if you could fit the hose to the fitting on the car.

I guess they would be self serve?

You have your head up your ass on this one. You might as well admit it.

My soloution is much simpler for future problems.
Have all gas stations fitted with a universal generator hookup. cost maybe $500 per station and the nat guard could bring in generators or the corporation owing the station. They would not be losing days worth of sales that way.

Last edited:

The only retards are the ones who think you should spend a lot of money buying and maintaining equipment, and allocating space for that equipment, that would be used extremely rarely for a couple of days at the outside.

1) hence not being prepared. It created laziness in the people. Thinking it will never happen in our life time. Well it happened.

2)Till it happens and people can't run their own generators and freeze. Man you really are dumb.

3) and yet here we are with a massive problem ,and we don't know how long till power comes back. I saw someone say maybe a month or two before power comes back.

A generator costs maybe a few hundred bucks? Maintenance costs little to nothing. Check spark plugs, check oil, done. Seriously you are one dumb motherfucker.

Gypsy gas stations?

LMAO.

Start anyway.

Umm how many trucks have gas filling nozzles for autos on them and a way of measuring the gas for each sale?

the gas trucks I now of have great big hoses with maybe 3 inch fittings on the end. would fill up a Camry in maybe 3 sec if you could fit the hose to the fitting on the car.

nah, he's the smartest guy here.

just ask him

You must not be paying attention, they stopped building gas stations years ago. They build convenience stores that sell gas, and make money off of charging you you $3 for some water, air, and 5¢ worth of syrup.

Last edited:
Gypsy gas stations?

LMAO.

Start anyway.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If the government allowed gypsy gas, someone would invent a fitting for a truck the next day. I would not be surprised if one already exists.

So option 1 for you, then.

no i said option 3. Law and order. I see you are one of those slimy people who are willing to take advantage of people in need.

No one would be forcing anyone to buy gypsy gas. Hey, you can go wait four hours in line and pay a fixed price, or you can get gas right now.

You'd be providing them a CHOICE, dipshit.

One that is legal and the other is not. Your slim, we get it.

1) hence not being prepared. It created laziness in the people. Thinking it will never happen in our life time. Well it happened.

2)Till it happens and people can't run their own generators and freeze. Man you really are dumb.

3) and yet here we are with a massive problem ,and we don't know how long till power comes back. I saw someone say maybe a month or two before power comes back.

A generator costs maybe a few hundred bucks? Maintenance costs little to nothing. Check spark plugs, check oil, done. Seriously you are one dumb motherfucker.

Yeah once a century? Power outages happen more often than that.

Gypsy gas stations?

LMAO.

Start anyway.

um you don't know how they pump gas out of the trucks then do you? Trust me when i say you are wrong. I watch trucks come to my gas station all the time, you can't just fit a hose up to a car you retard.

Forum List

Back