The Bush Tax Cuts and the Republican Cult of Economic Failure

There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there's no such thing as an honest case for extending the Bush tax cuts. Ten years of hard data prove they were a complete failure. They did not work while Bush was in office and they did not work during the first two years of the Obama administration. No wonder the Congressional Budget Office says that the GOP's proposed extension of tax cuts to the rich will reduce future economic growth.

I guess the second longest expansion in GDP post-war constitutes "failure" to the Left.

Are you totally unhinged by the election, Flail-Loser, that you console yourself with drivel from the HuffPooPoo?

There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there's no such thing as an honest case for extending the Bush tax cuts. Ten years of hard data prove they were a complete failure. They did not work while Bush was in office and they did not work during the first two years of the Obama administration. No wonder the Congressional Budget Office says that the GOP's proposed extension of tax cuts to the rich will reduce future economic growth.

I guess the second longest expansion in GDP post-war constitutes "failure" to the Left.

Are you totally unhinged by the election, Flail-Loser, that you console yourself with drivel from the HuffPooPoo?

Where did you get that from? I got:

There is no way to make Bush's performance look good. Even if you cherry-pick the data, by excluding fiscal year 2008, when GDP growth was zero, economic expansion was anemic. During Bush's first seven years, it averaged about 2.4 percent, the worst rate in half a century.

Edit: And we all should have a nice laugh about where most of Bush's GDP expansion came from: residential mortgage debt

Last edited:
David Fiderer: The Bush Tax Cuts and the Republican Cult of Economic Failure

The rightwing failmongers still insist on putting a square peg in a round hole.
Ya' mean like idiotic dems of the Barney Frank mold who insisted that those who couldn't afford homes must be given loans to buy homes they obvioulsy couldn't afford, and then stood before the american people and told us everything was just fine weeks before the housing bubble collapsed, thereby becoming the root cause of our current financial disaster?

You know, the financial disaster that was primarily caused by dem's who were too stupid to understand that people who can't afford to make a house payment shouldn't be given the means to buy said houses in the first place because it will undoubtedly cause a financial disaster in the end.

Christ, liberals are fuckin' idiots, and dem's are mired in a forest of abject denial of their role in this mess.

Last edited:

Ya' mean like idiotic dems of the Barney Frank mold who insisted that those who couldn't afford homes must be given loans to buy homes they obvioulsy couldn't afford, and then stood before the american people and told us everything was just fine weeks before the housing bubble collapsed, thereby becoming the root cause of our current financial disaster?

You know, the financial disaster that was primarily caused by dem's who were too stupid to understand that people who can't afford to make a house payment shouldn't be given the means to buy said houses in the first place because it will undoubtedly cause a financial disaster in the end.

Christ, liberals are fuckin' idiots, and dem's are mired in a forest of abject denial of their role in this mess.

I noticed you didn't mention anything about the fraudulent lenders or the deregulation that allowed the collapse of the housing bubble to impact the rest of the economy so much.

Many banks weren't far behind Fannie or Freddie (can't remember which) in their involvement in creating and trading in subprime mortgages.

I noticed you didn't mention anything about the fraudulent lenders or the deregulation that allowed the collapse of the housing bubble to impact the rest of the economy so much.

Many banks weren't far behind Fannie or Freddie (can't remember which) in their involvement in creating and trading in subprime mortgages.
Notice how I said "dems are in abject denial of THEIR role in this mess......Meaning: Both sides are resposible, and it's time for clowns like this Flaylo idiot to start admitting it. It's time he/she also start admitting that the dem's attempts to fix the problems have only made it worse. They have failed, miserably. No amount of Huffpost liberal BS can change that fact.

the bush cuts can be accountable for shit outside a return to hardcore supply-side deficit spending. failed policy indeed. i ended up paying more tax because of how they were slapped together.

It is failure to these post-modern progressive parasites like Flaylo. Flaylo and his ilk couldn't make a buck to save their lives. Their parents raised them to expect everything, do nothing and demand accolades for both. What do you expect? Why do you think we have all these twenty-somethings and beyond living off Mommy and Daddy? They're parasites.

Notice how I said "dems are in abject denial of THEIR role in this mess......Meaning: Both sides are resposible, and it's time for clowns like this Flaylo idiot to start admitting it. It's time he/she also start admitting that the dem's attempts to fix the problems have only made it worse. They have failed, miserably. No amount of Huffpost liberal BS can change that fact.

I fully understand that Freddie Mac was one of MANY offenders, and not even the worst offender during the subprime lending scandal. The take away should be that deregulation and shoddy oversight of banks and government money is bad, not "liberals are fuckin' idiots".

the bush cuts can be accountable for shit outside a return to hardcore supply-side deficit spending. failed policy indeed. i ended up paying more tax because of how they were slapped together.

Oh yeah, I bet your tax bill is quite burdonsome.

I fully understand that Freddie Mac was one of MANY offenders, and not even the worst offender during the subprime lending scandal. The take away should be that deregulation and shoddy oversight of banks and government money is bad, not "liberals are fuckin' idiots".

But, they are.

But, they are.

Whoah-ho there mister, if I didn't know better I'd say you thought this was clever!

I love how Huffingglue Post geared the numbers to make it appear like Carter was a good President! FUCKING CARTER, the man was an embarrassment at every level! He sucked balls, but Huffingglue Post still licks his ballz! Amazing!

Word to FUCKING morons. Yes Bush sucked, but during his Presidency at least unemployment remained low (in the 3-4%). Then the bubble burst, which he neglected to prevent, when many economist predicted the bubble bursting!

However the Bubble was started during the Clinton Administration with Fagget Frank, Douche Bag Dobbs and Pedophile Clinton reviving the Carter ERROR Community Reinvestment Act. They also allowed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac the ability to create a secondary market where investors could write shitty loans and sell them for nice profits to these quasi-governmental organizations, sticking the tax payors with $100s of billions of shit! The Clinton Administration is the main cause of the bubble bursting! He is definitely no altar boy!

What really should be said is there is no GOOD REASON why the Bush Tax Cuts Shouldn't BE EXTENDED!!!

Last edited:
I love how Huffingglue Post geared the numbers to make it appear like Carter was a good President!

Word to FUCKING morons. Yes Bush sucked, but during his Presidency at least unemployment remained low (in the 3-4%). Then the bubble burst, which is neglected to prevent!

However the Bubble was started during the Clinton Administration with the Fagget Frank and Douche Bag Dobbs and Pedolphile Clinton reviving the Carter ERROR Community Reinvestment Act. They also allowed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac the ability to create a secondary market where investors could write shitty loans and sell them for nice profits to these quasi-governmental organizations. The Clinton Administration is the main cause of the bubble bursting! He is definitely no altar boy!

What really should be said is there is no GOOD REASON why the Bush Tax Cuts Shouldn't BE EXTENDED!!!

Comedy gold.

How are the numbers geared? Do you mean the crappy GDP growth or the crappy job growth?

The government had little to nothing to do with the "bubble bursting." You are confusing yourself. The CRA didn't coerce banks into giving bad loans - in fact it contains language saying explicitly "don't be a retard and give bad loans" (I'm paraphrasing there.) The CRA also isn't a factor in the housing market because commercial property values were skyrocketing at similar rates.

You don't know enough about this to have an opinion about it yet, but there is time to learn!

Tax cuts for the rich increase the deficit and don't help the economy as much as other ways the government could use its budget.

Here's a bit of Republican inspired logic: Instead of keeping taxes on the rich low, let them rise and use that money we are saving to invest in education. This will give rich people a new generation of an educated work force to employ and higher-earning consumers to pay more for their products MAKING THEM EVEN MORE FILTHY AND MORE RICH! Hurray!

the bush cuts cant be accountable for shit outside a return to hardcore supply-side deficit spending. failed policy indeed. i ended up paying more tax because of how they were slapped together.

Oh yeah, I bet your tax bill is quite burdonsome.

except for this year and 09 (for the FYs prior), i've paid more in taxes than the average american is said to make in a year. for people who dont run multinational big businesses or hold major managerial positions to make their money, the alternative minimum tax provision in the 03 cut cost grands upon grands in tax which could not otherwise be exempted as before the cut. the cuts were a favor. they weren't a favor for america's domestically grounded small businesses, however, and that's my guess as to why they didn't do shit for the economy.

Forum List

Back