Average Annual GDP Growth
Bush 2001-2008: 2.1%
Clinton 1993-2000: 3.9%
Reagan/Bush I 1981 - 1992: 3.0%
Carter 1977 - 1980: 3.2%
Nixon/Ford 1969 - 1976: 2.8%
Kennedy/Johnson 1961 - 1968: 4.8%
Source: Bureau of Economic Analysis
cross-referencing conservative policy to the facts above, i argue that cons come in and alter policy to support short-term profittaking, while other policy supports investment, commerce and employment.

arguably, too, a necessary evil. dubya's work was sloppy, overboard and empowered by the deception that there was a basis in support for real economic input.... the supply-side, trickle-down myth.

cross-referencing conservative policy to the facts above, i argue that cons come in and alter policy to support short-term profittaking, while other policy supports investment, commerce and employment.

arguably, too, a necessary evil. dubya's work was sloppy, overboard and empowered by the deception that there was a basis in support for real economic input.... the supply-side, trickle-down myth.

I argue that your statements are sloppy, unfounded, and patently false.

that is conjecture, not argument. my thoughts are supported by conservative policy and the consistent result of such which TM put forward. i know you are more a parrot than a thinker, but maybe you could appreciate how cyclically cutting capital gains tax is cyclically promoting profit-taking. the same could be said of income tax cuts, particularly if you scrap expensibility while you're at it, as dubya did.

Spot on.

The true aims of the republican party and the right is short term profit taking.

That is why they have been historically so bad for the economy.

The biggest lie they ever managed was convincing idiots they were the fiscal party.

that is conjecture, not argument. my thoughts are supported by conservative policy and the consistent result of such which TM put forward. i know you are more a parrot than a thinker, but maybe you could appreciate how cyclically cutting capital gains tax is cyclically promoting profit-taking. the same could be said of income tax cuts, particularly if you scrap expensibility while you're at it, as dubya did.

It's not conjecture either. It is a statement of fact.
Your "thoughts' do not exist. You merely parrot left wing scraps you've seen elsewhere, without the slightest shred of critical thinking about any evidence.
Promoting profit-taking? Heaven forbid!

I love how Huffingglue Post geared the numbers to make it appear like Carter was a good President!

Word to FUCKING morons. Yes Bush sucked, but during his Presidency at least unemployment remained low (in the 3-4%). Then the bubble burst, which is neglected to prevent!

However the Bubble was started during the Clinton Administration with the Fagget Frank and Douche Bag Dobbs and Pedolphile Clinton reviving the Carter ERROR Community Reinvestment Act. They also allowed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac the ability to create a secondary market where investors could write shitty loans and sell them for nice profits to these quasi-governmental organizations. The Clinton Administration is the main cause of the bubble bursting! He is definitely no altar boy!

What really should be said is there is no GOOD REASON why the Bush Tax Cuts Shouldn't BE EXTENDED!!!

Comedy gold.

How are the numbers geared? Do you mean the crappy GDP growth or the crappy job growth?

The government had little to nothing to do with the "bubble bursting." You are confusing yourself. The CRA didn't coerce banks into giving bad loans - in fact it contains language saying explicitly "don't be a retard and give bad loans" (I'm paraphrasing there.) The CRA also isn't a factor in the housing market because commercial property values were skyrocketing at similar rates.

You don't know enough about this to have an opinion about it yet, but there is time to learn!

Tax cuts for the rich increase the deficit and don't help the economy as much as other ways the government could use its budget.

Here's a bit of Republican inspired logic: Instead of keeping taxes on the rich low, let them rise and use that money we are saving to invest in education. This will give rich people a new generation of an educated work force to employ and higher-earning consumers to pay more for their products MAKING THEM EVEN MORE FILTHY AND MORE RICH! Hurray!

Tax cuts do not increase the deficit.... increased spending on touchy-feely and ever expanding government programs increases the deficit

Here's a bit lost on idiot progressive entitlement junkies like yourself... TAX EVERYONE AT THE SAME RATE ON EVERY DOLLAR EARNED.... not some form of punishment class envy based selective equal treatment by government

Funny, but I bet you will see calls for tax cuts when everyone has a stake in the income tax game and not having ~50% leech off of the productive members of the populace

Your "thoughts' do not exist. You merely parrot left wing scraps you've seen elsewhere, without the slightest shred of critical thinking about any evidence.
i've posted an original conclusion based on facts in the post above it. i couldn't see where the parrot feathers you wear fit on me.

anyhow have you acknowledged, then, that these policies do promote profit-taking, god forbidding or otherwise? that's my point.

Last edited:
I love how Huffingglue Post geared the numbers to make it appear like Carter was a good President!

Word to FUCKING morons. Yes Bush sucked, but during his Presidency at least unemployment remained low (in the 3-4%). Then the bubble burst, which is neglected to prevent!

However the Bubble was started during the Clinton Administration with the Fagget Frank and Douche Bag Dobbs and Pedolphile Clinton reviving the Carter ERROR Community Reinvestment Act. They also allowed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac the ability to create a secondary market where investors could write shitty loans and sell them for nice profits to these quasi-governmental organizations. The Clinton Administration is the main cause of the bubble bursting! He is definitely no altar boy!

What really should be said is there is no GOOD REASON why the Bush Tax Cuts Shouldn't BE EXTENDED!!!

Comedy gold.

How are the numbers geared? Do you mean the crappy GDP growth or the crappy job growth?

The government had little to nothing to do with the "bubble bursting." You are confusing yourself. The CRA didn't coerce banks into giving bad loans - in fact it contains language saying explicitly "don't be a retard and give bad loans" (I'm paraphrasing there.) The CRA also isn't a factor in the housing market because commercial property values were skyrocketing at similar rates.

You don't know enough about this to have an opinion about it yet, but there is time to learn!

Tax cuts for the rich increase the deficit and don't help the economy as much as other ways the government could use its budget.

Here's a bit of Republican inspired logic: Instead of keeping taxes on the rich low, let them rise and use that money we are saving to invest in education. This will give rich people a new generation of an educated work force to employ and higher-earning consumers to pay more for their products MAKING THEM EVEN MORE FILTHY AND MORE RICH! Hurray!

Tax cuts do not increase the deficit.... increased spending on touchy-feely and ever expanding government programs increases the deficit

Here's a bit lost on idiot progressive entitlement junkies like yourself... TAX EVERYONE AT THE SAME RATE ON EVERY DOLLAR EARNED.... not some form of punishment class envy based selective equal treatment by government

Funny, but I bet you will see calls for tax cuts when everyone has a stake in the income tax game and not having ~50% leech off of the productive members of the populace

touchy feely?

You fail to realize you can not squeeze blood out of a turnip.

How do you take the food out of a child mouth to force the mother to pay the same tax as a woman who owns 100 grocery stores?

Comedy gold.

budgets are considered from input and output. that way, its possible that cutting taxes could cause a deficit if that cut reduces input to the budget.

Comedy gold.

touchy feely?

How do you take the food out of a child mouth to force the mother to pay the same tax aS a woman who owns 100 grocery stores?

We are not talking blood or turnips nor any other mineral or vegetable

We are talking equal treatment by government of all its citizens.... not some subjective bullshit and not selective equal treatment... not equal treatment when it benefits you and unequal treatment when it benefits you

Your personal wants and needs and responsibilities are nobody else's but your own

Government is not and should not be the subjective 'fairness police'

Do any of you folks here who are demanding tax cuts for billionaires and their scions really convinced that those tax cuts for billionaires will bring the economy back?

Why would the superwealthy invest money into the USA supply side when nothing else has changed?

In fact, why would they invest in the USA supply side even if the USA cuts back on FEDERAL spending?

If the USA actually cut back on Federal spending enough to make a dent in the deficiet, their number one CUSTOMER for good and services in this nation is going to stop buying from THEM.

Like I say, nobody I can think of in power has a plan that convinces me they've got the real long term solution to this eroding economy.

i've posted an original conclusion based on facts in the post above it. i couldn't see where the parrot feathers you wear fit on me.

anyhow have you acknowledged, then, that these policies do promote profit-taking, god forbidding or otherwise? that's my point.

Yes lower cap gains tax rates promote taking the profit and paying the tax.
Remind me why that's a bad thing.

Do any of you folks here who are demanding tax cuts for billionaires and their scions really convinced that those tax cuts for billionaires will bring the economy back?

Why would the superwealthy invest money into the USA supply side when nothing else has changed?

In fact, why would they invest in the USA supply side even if the USA cuts back on FEDERAL spending?

If the USA actually cut back on Federal spending enough to make a dent in the deficiet, their number one CUSTOMER for good and services in this nation is going to stop buying from THEM.

Like I say, nobody I can think of in power has a plan that convinces me they've got the real long term solution to this eroding economy.

Let's put it another way: Do you suppose increasing taxes will help the economy? If you reduce the expected return on an investment, you reduce its attractiveness. And the money will be invested elsewhere where the return is more attractive.
And you realize that "the super-wealthy" (whoever they are) are a very small fraction of invested funds. Right?

Simple economic truth: You want less of something? Tax it.

Anyway, the progressive parasite's logic is that it isn't your money or property. The gubmint is entitled to 100% of your assets and income, and they will let you know how much of your property you can keep.

Absurd and pathetic to say the least. This is why these people must be relegated to the trash heap.

Last edited:

touchy feely?

How do you take the food out of a child mouth to force the mother to pay the same tax aS a woman who owns 100 grocery stores?

We are talking equal treatment by government of all its citizens.... not some subjective bullshit and not selective equal treatment... not equal treatment when it benefits you and unequal treatment when it benefits you

Your personal wants and needs and responsibilities are nobody else's but your own

So you approve of Debtors Prison?

touchy feely?

So you approve of Debtors Prison?

We have them. See what you life is like if you don't pay your taxes, assuming of course your not the Treasury Secretary or a prominent Progressive politician.

Forum List

Back