The Burial (Amazon Prime)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Every time I see Jamie Foxx in a movie, I am more impressed with him. I'm of an age where I knew him as a comedian in the TV show In Living Color.

And then a few years ago I saw Collateral. I could not believe it was the same guy.

And then I saw Ray. Then Django Unchained.

Today I saw The Burial.

Jamie Foxx's acting range is incredible. Denzel Washington is getting by on his looks, his acting is identical in every movie he does. But Foxx is amazingly versatile.

The Burial is a legal drama. For some reason, Amazon lists this movie as a Drama/Comedy.

Um...no. There is some levity, but this is no comedy.

This is a David vs. Goliath drama with Jamie Foxx as the lawyer for the plaintiff in a legal battle.

His opponent is played by Jurnee Smollett, who I never heard of before. But she is smoking hot, and has one of the most gorgeous smiles I have ever seen.

For the role of a junior lawyer, whoever made this movie managed to find the whitest sounding black man ever. His voice reminds me of when Eddie Murphy makes fun of how white people talk.

This is a fun movie to watch.

Last edited:
Every time I see Jamie Foxx in a movie, I am more impressed with him. I'm of an age where I knew him as a comedian in the TV show In Living Color.

And then a few years ago I saw Collateral. I could not believe it was the same guy.

Today I saw The Burial.

Jamie Foxx's acting range is incredible. Denzel Washington is getting by on his looks, his acting is identical in every movie he does. But Foxx is amazingly versatile.

The Burial is a legal drama. For some reason, Amazon lists this movie as a Drama/Comedy.

This is a David vs. Goliath drama with Jamie Foxx as the lawyer for the plaintiff in a legal battle.

His opponent is played by Jurnee Smollett, who I never heard of before. But she is smoking hot, and has one of the most gorgeous smiles I have ever seen.

For the role of a junior lawyer, whoever made this movie managed to find the whitest sounding black man ever. His voice reminds me of when Eddie Murphy makes fun of how white people talk.

He is a good actor and has a nose for good movies... I can't think of one of his movies I don't like...

Today I saw The Burial.

You should watch the "Soloist" - probably the best Foxx has done. The movie itself is pretty good, but his performance is off the charts.
Acting range is pretty rare. And the best actors can play anyone. Tom Hanks is a good example of another actor that can play any character and be equally believable in all of them.

You should watch the "Soloist" - probably the best Foxx has done. The movie itself is pretty good, but his performance is off the charts.
Acting range is pretty rare. And the best actors can play anyone. Tom Hanks is a good example of another actor that can play any character and be equally believable in all of them.
Thanks. I'll add The Soloist to my queue.

Forum List

Back