The Buffalo Bills are biggest competitors to dethrone the Kansas City Cheifs

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Josh Allen is one of the best QBs in the NFL and you can't convince me otherwise. The defense is starting to get better. The only team that scares me are the Chiefs. I kind of hope the Bills lose to the Steelers on Sunday, so the Steelers get the bye in the playoffs, because I'm hoping someone knocks out the Chiefs so we won't have to play them.

Josh Allen is one of the best QBs in the NFL and you can't convince me otherwise. The defense is starting to get better. The only team that scares me are the Chiefs. I kind of hope the Bills lose to the Steelers on Sunday, so the Steelers get the bye in the playoffs, because I'm hoping someone knocks out the Chiefs so we won't have to play them.

Well, I don't have much hope right now for the Steelers to beat too many more teams the way they are playing. Looks like the Black & Gold have shot their wad.

Ben can't throw deep.
They have no Red Zone offense.
Their receivers can't catch for shit.
They have no running game at all.
Now their defense is cracking and falling apart.

The Steeler's entire strategy is to throw 60 dink and dunk passes per game and hope for the best.

I'll be shocked if they can beat the Bills Sunday Night.

Well, I don't have much hope right now for the Steelers to beat too many more teams the way they are playing. Looks like the Black & Gold have shot their wad.

Ben can't throw deep.

The Steeler's entire strategy is to throw 60 dink and dunk passes per game and hope for the best.

Bud Dupree was a big loss for you guys. I kind of think guys like Ben who can’t get out of the pocket to buy time to throw down field have a limited celling. If Pittsburg goes on a run it would be mainly because of their defense

Ben can't throw deep.

Bud Dupree was a big loss for you guys. I kind of think guys like Ben who can’t get out of the pocket to buy time to throw down field have a limited celling. If Pittsburg goes on a run it would be mainly because of their defense

Worse, Dupree was up for a big contract end of this season. Now at best he will likely miss at least half if not most of next year before he can come back to even try to prove his worth to stay under ANY contract.

I just heard from mcholmes and the rest of our guys,,,

they say bring it on bitchs,,,

I just heard from mcholmes and the rest of our guys,,,

they say bring it on bitchs,,,

well Mahomes is good enough to talk shit. We haven’t done anything yet, so I’m going to be quiet

The Chiefs and the Steelers own the NFL right now.

Even the Dolphins, who the Chiefs play on Sunday, could surprise them.

I don't see Buffalo progressing too far into the playoffs...

Typical Steelers naysayers...sure they are not playing their best football right now but as soon as they stub their toes everyone wants to jump on the "steelers are done" bandwagon. Only time will tell. Even without Bud Dupree the Pittsburgh defense is NASTY. Hopefully we get #7 for #7 and the last laugh.

1607524840328.png

Typical Steelers naysayers...sure they are not playing their best football right now but as soon as they stub their toes everyone wants to jump on the "steelers are done" bandwagon. Only time will tell. Even without Bud Dupree the Pittsburgh defense is NASTY. Hopefully we get #7 for #7 and the last laugh.

View attachment 426962

I hate the Steelers, but they're 11-1. Hard to say they're not playing good football just because they dropped one...

Pittsburgh putting all kinds of pressure on Josh Allen, hopefully he bounces back in the second half. It’s good to see our defense stepping up though.

Huge Steelers fan here but they won't be winning a Super Bowl. Too many injuries and the team is too deep in a funk.

That's because Big Ben is really an overrated bum who occasionally just plays good enough football to make people forget about and rationalize the bad ball he plays the other 90% of the time.

Ben's had two good years in his career: his first year in 2004 when he took over for Tommy Maddox and no one was used to his playing and the one year he won SB XLIII. They won SB XL despite Ben.

Roethlisberger has no depth perception. They should have gotten rid of him three years ago when he was talking about quitting anyway. Now they got nobody and Ben is old, can't run out of the pocket, can't run a QB Sneak and can't take a hit.

He has no deep ball anymore, no one can catch his passes, and now he doesn't even have a RB to hand the ball off to, so all he can do is throw dinks for 4 yard gains. If that. They are played out.

Teams can sit on the scrimmage line just waiting to pick him off.

I bet Cincinnati beats them on Monday. 2020 was just a season of luck. Tomlin needs to retire. The entire O-line is old and done.

Too bad they kissed Ben's ass and didn't replace all his buddies and rebuild the O-line to equal the great defense they now have.

Steelers will flame out and be the big letdown of 2020 once again under-performing embarrassingly and not even make the Playoffs or play one Wildcard team and get smoked.

Ben retires after the season is done. Even he knows when enough is enough.

Ben has no post-playing career: he's neither intelligent enough nor interesting. He should have done time years ago for that rape and the industry doesn't want a rapist.

Last edited:
I can say I've been sorta of a fan of Pittsburg since the days of Bradshaw and The Iron Curtain, but I've become more impressed by their organization than their winning ways then, now, or later! I can't think of a more consistent admin. of a sport's team where expectations are always high and it's easy to make quick fixes that snowball to destroy that continuity! They've never done that with any level of their pyramind of existence! They've only had 3 coaches in my lifetime of watching them over the decades! What other team can say that? Some teams make it a yearly event! They can pick and hold onto a QB for some serious length of time! Coming from Chicago, I stopped counting how many have limped in and out of town over the decades! The level of ineptitude in just picking that one position has limited our success no matter how well the defense plays! Ben's damn well overrated, but could get the job done a little better if he'd taken better care of himself! Inuries' one thing, but his inflated arse could have been in better shape! That's always pissed me off; paid millions and he's been lugging around excess baggage on his kiester for as long as I can remember! :stir:

They've only had 3 coaches in my lifetime of watching them over the decades! What other team can say that? Some teams make it a yearly event! They can pick and hold onto a QB for some serious length of time!

In my experience, their steadfastness has worked out for them about 50% of the time. In many cases, they stick with dead baggage too long expecting they'll mature into something good. They've been burned a lot, but they've gotten a lot of world class players too as 5th, 6th draft picks, even undrafted people.

Bud Dupree was picked with high expectations but was pretty much a flop for three years and I would have dumped his ass but last year he suddenly discovered his talent and was playing like a bomb this year till hurt. His contract was also up this year. Personally, I think his contract is what motivated him and he was slacking the rest of the time. Now he's damaged goods and won't be back until late next season if ever. But if I know the Steelers, they'll give him a chance to return, albeit at a lot less money than he would have made had he not gotten hurt.

Same with Ben and Tomlin. Tomlin is not a good coach and does not motivate or get his team ready. The Steelers are the high watermark of under-performance and inconsistency. The ring Tomlin got was basically from a team left over from Bill Cowher. Same with Roethlisberger---- the guy was a sad sack talking about retiring 2-3 years ago! He does not motivate or work well with his players and the Steelers have hung their hat on the VERY slim chance this guy could get them back to the big game when I saw the guy wince in pain on his first game this year and will be lucky to make it to the end of the season.

And if he gets hurt, they have ABSOLUTELY NOBODY behind him to step in and take over. Their fallback, Mason Rudolph is a joke who cannot carry a team and was an albatross of bad luck and misfortune every time they put him in last year. They took him out of the game twice to replace him with someone from the practice squad.

That's not a recipe for winning.

Worse, they passed on several top notch running backs to stay with Connor and the Bum can't play well more than a few games each season without slacking off or getting injured. Now they need a good runner more than ever just when they have three who often none can get much past the line of scrimmage. >:^(

They've only had 3 coaches in my lifetime of watching them over the decades! What other team can say that? Some teams make it a yearly event! They can pick and hold onto a QB for some serious length of time!

In my experience, their steadfastness has worked out for them about 50% of the time. In many cases, they stick with dead baggage too long expecting they'll mature into something good. They've been burned a lot, but they've gotten a lot of world class players too as 5th, 6th draft picks, even undrafted people.

Bud Dupree was picked with high expectations but was pretty much a flop for three years and I would have dumped his ass but last year he suddenly discovered his talent and was playing like a bomb this year till hurt. His contract was also up this year. Personally, I think his contract is what motivated him and he was slacking the rest of the time. Now he's damaged goods and won't be back until late next season if ever. But if I know the Steelers, they'll give him a chance to return, albeit at a lot less money than he would have made had he not gotten hurt.

Same with Ben and Tomlin. Tomlin is not a good coach and does not motivate or get his team ready. The Steelers are the high watermark of under-performance and inconsistency. The ring Tomlin got was basically from a team left over from Bill Cowher. Same with Roethlisberger---- the guy was a sad sack talking about retiring 2-3 years ago! He does not motivate or work well with his players and the Steelers have hung their hat on the VERY slim chance this guy could get them back to the big game when I saw the guy wince in pain on his first game this year and will be lucky to make it to the end of the season.

And if he gets hurt, they have ABSOLUTELY NOBODY behind him to step in and take over. Their fallback, Mason Rudolph is a joke who cannot carry a team and was an albatross of bad luck and misfortune every time they put him in last year. They took him out of the game twice to replace him with someone from the practice squad.

That's not a recipe for winning.

Worse, they passed on several top notch running backs to stay with Connor and the Bum can't play well more than a few games each season without slacking off or getting injured. Now they need a good runner more than ever just when they have three who often none can get much past the line of scrimmage. >:^(

No doubt about that! They screwed the pooch and stayed with others too long, but it's still a marvel to see the old way of doing things going on 50 years for me! There is no renegotiating of contracts with them and for some reason the next player thinks it's going to be them! It never happens to the detriment of both sides! As a team I loved to watch them as they curb-stomped Dallas in their most important meetings! Bradshaw never got enough credit with that arm due to the defense, but I can still remember him beating Dallas on the last MNF game before the strike of '82! Pittsburg had already fallen off, but they still had enough to beat Danny White and the so called "America's Team!" IMO, the BEARs took over that title in '85! lol! That Super Bowl Shuffle has been immortalized! Dallas has been a colossal joke for almost 25 years! :stir:

Update: McCarthy in Dallas is living off a leftover team and players in GB for his lone SB ring! ;)

Last edited:
Huge Steelers fan here but they won't be winning a Super Bowl. Too many injuries and the team is too deep in a funk.

That's because Big Ben is really an overrated bum who occasionally just plays good enough football to make people forget about and rationalize the bad ball he plays the other 90% of the time.

Ben's had two good years in his career: his first year in 2004 when he took over for Tommy Maddox and no one was used to his playing and the one year he won SB XLIII. They won SB XL despite Ben.

Roethlisberger has no depth perception. They should have gotten rid of him three years ago when he was talking about quitting anyway. Now they got nobody and Ben is old, can't run out of the pocket, can't run a QB Sneak and can't take a hit.

He has no deep ball anymore, no one can catch his passes, and now he doesn't even have a RB to hand the ball off to, so all he can do is throw dinks for 4 yard gains. If that. They are played out.

I bet Cincinnati beats them on Monday. 2020 was just a season of luck. Tomlin needs to retire. The entire O-line is old and done.

Too bad they kissed Ben's ass and didn't replace all his buddies and rebuild the O-line to equal the great defense they now have.

Steelers will flame out and be the big letdown of 2020 once again under-performing embarrassingly and not even make the Playoffs or play one Wildcard team and get smoked.

Ben has no post-playing career: he's neither intelligent enough nor interesting. He should have done time years ago for that rape and the industry doesn't want a rapist.
There is no appropriate response for such an idiotic, baseless, immature commentary.:no_text11:

There is no appropriate response for such an idiotic, baseless, immature commentary.:no_text11:

Steelers are flaming out, 1/3rd due to the hapless coaching and play calling under Tomlin, 1/3rd due to injuries and Covid rescheduled meddling by the NFL, and 1/3rd due to the typical Steeler arrogance to play like a 4-9 team then CELEBRATE like superheroes if they get one play right and to the blind adherence to kissing Ben's rapist ass.

Many are expecting Steelers to bomb Cinci like 35/45 to 7. Frankly, they will be lucky to win. It'll be close.

I predict the Steelers will come out lead footed tripping over their own two left feet and shoot themselves in the face putting Cinci in the game. Once again the world will ask if the Steelers even plan, prepare or practice during the week! They will be lucky to win and not lose the division to the BROWNS.

Then they will implode in the first Wildcard game. Maybe to the Ravens!

Steelers are on another bent arc like a warped Frisbee. Ben is making us wish for Duck Hodges again. Ben has no arm and no depth perception.

I love the Steelers and hate to see this but I can't delude ourselves. They have a great Defense unsupported by a worn out QB and an aging O line that just can't cut it, and they need major surgery in the off-season. Too bad. It'll be many years before the team is close to going to the big game again.

ohhhhhhhh.0.gif

Forum List

Back