The Brutalism of Ted Cruz

Oh dear,someone's opinion

Did You read the article. A Supreme Court justice asked if Texas was able to admit a mistake. Cruz wanted the kid locked up for 16 years for stealing a calculator. His Christian compassion is reserved for rich white kids I guess.

You're not taking the conservative view of this which is: If it didnt happen to me personally then, who cares?

Did You read the article. A Supreme Court justice asked if Texas was able to admit a mistake. Cruz wanted the kid locked up for 16 years for stealing a calculator. His Christian compassion is reserved for rich white kids I guess.

You're not taking the conservative view of this which is: If it didnt happen to me personally then, who cares?

It's the rantings of a moonbat in the NYSlimes so no, I don't care

Admit a mistake? What mistake would that be? Following the law? Wanting to affirm state supremacy? Here's a run down on the "brutality".

"..Brooks opens with the supposedly terrible tale of Michael Wayne Haley, who was arrested for stealing a calculator from Walmart in 1997, and sentenced to 16 years based on law sentencing repeat criminals. As Brooks tells it, prosecutors incorrectly applied that law – but that brutal, awful Cruz defended the law all the way up to the Supreme Court.

First off, he doesn’t tell the whole story of the case. Under Texas law of the time, stealing a calculator would normally be a misdemeanor. But Haley had been convicted twice already of theft, which put him in the category of “state jail felon,” meriting two years in jail. He had two prior felony convictions, too, including attempted robbery. The mistake the prosecutor made: he said that the attempted robbery happened “after the first felony had become final,” which elevated his state jail felony to a second degree felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison. So what did the prosecutor actually do wrong? The robbery offense occurred three days prior to the date of his conviction for the first felony. So the prosecution messed up the calendar to the tune of three days.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals ruled with the state that this error made no real difference. Cruz defended that ruling because he wished to uphold state supremacy when it comes to application of its own criminal law."

full article here
NYT's 'Conservative' Brooks Rips Cruz's 'Pagan Brutalism.' Here's The REAL Reason He Hates Cruz.

No its the life of a guy Cruz tried to lock up for 16 years for stealing a calculator. Of course you dont care...thats what I said earlier on page 1. If injustices occur but its not you the christian thing to do is to throw your hands up and go "Who cares!"

Admit a mistake? What mistake would that be? Following the law? Wanting to affirm state supremacy? Here's a run down on the "brutality".

"..Brooks opens with the supposedly terrible tale of Michael Wayne Haley, who was arrested for stealing a calculator from Walmart in 1997, and sentenced to 16 years based on law sentencing repeat criminals. As Brooks tells it, prosecutors incorrectly applied that law – but that brutal, awful Cruz defended the law all the way up to the Supreme Court.

First off, he doesn’t tell the whole story of the case. Under Texas law of the time, stealing a calculator would normally be a misdemeanor. But Haley had been convicted twice already of theft, which put him in the category of “state jail felon,” meriting two years in jail. He had two prior felony convictions, too, including attempted robbery. The mistake the prosecutor made: he said that the attempted robbery happened “after the first felony had become final,” which elevated his state jail felony to a second degree felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison. So what did the prosecutor actually do wrong? The robbery offense occurred three days prior to the date of his conviction for the first felony. So the prosecution messed up the calendar to the tune of three days.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals ruled with the state that this error made no real difference. Cruz defended that ruling because he wished to uphold state supremacy when it comes to application of its own criminal law."

full article here
NYT's 'Conservative' Brooks Rips Cruz's 'Pagan Brutalism.' Here's The REAL Reason He Hates Cruz.

Oh dear.....facts ruin the narrative

Cruz should show Christian charity, but some believe he is the anti-Christ.

No its the life of a guy Cruz tried to lock up for 16 years for stealing a calculator. Of course you dont care...thats what I said earlier on page 1. If injustices occur but its not you the christian thing to do is to throw your hands up and go "Who cares!"
Cry me a river. Habitable criminals should be put on San Clemente island.
Then have the Navy commence firing.

Alright Fiscal Conservatives here is a quiz.

Calculator cost: $5.00
Cost to house an inmate: $31,286 per year

$31.286 x 16 years = $187,716

Question: Is $187K more or less than the cost of one calculator?

Forum List

Back