The Breathing Diet

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
You’ve tried the Atkins diet, the South Beach diet, and the diet-of-the-week on cable TV. Nothing seems to work. What if you could lose that excess fat by simply inhaling and then exhaling your fat in the form of carbon dioxide? In a study published in Cell Metabolism, chemical and biomolecular engineering professor James Liao, associate professor of human genetics and pediatrics Katrina Dipple, and their research team at UCLA showed that genetic alterations enable mice to convert fat into carbon dioxide and remain lean while eating the equivalent of a fast-food diet.
The Inhale-Exhale Diet | h+ Magazine

To create the fat-burning mice, the researchers focused on a metabolic strategy used by some bacteria and plants called the glyoxylate shunt. James Liao, a biomolecular-engineering professor at UCLA and a senior author of the study, says(.)...

The glyoxylate shunt is composed of just two enzymes. The researchers first introduced genes for these enzymes from E. coli bacteria into cultured human cells and found that they increased the metabolism of fats in the cells. But surprisingly, rather than converting the fat into sugar as bacteria do, the cells burned the fat completely into carbon dioxide. The scientists analyzed gene expression in the cells and found that the new pathway promoted cellular responses that led the cells to metabolize fats rather than sugar.
Technology Review: Making Fat Disappear

I have a diet that works pretty well for me although I haven't given't it any kind of a name. I don't eat anything that doesn't have fur on it at some point in it's life cycle...

Forum List

Back