The Borders, the National Guard, the Electorate, and Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, May 13, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Is the GOP finally listening? I'll believe it when I actually see it.

If it's serious, the Guard cannot be there long term, they will be needed elsewhere, here or abroad. They are already overextended. Thus it better include the parameters of how to police the borders long term.

Call me cynical, I wonder at the increase in numbers from South to North over this weekend...:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/006978.php

2. shepherdboy

shepherdboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Both Rep's and Dem's don't want to see it closed. The Rep's want to continue to saturate the labor force with low paying unskilled workers. The Dem's want to continue with there free lunch programs to anyone who will vote them back in power. All the time the strength of the Country (The middle class) is shrinking from existence. I think the polls are pretty clear on what a majority of the people want with the boarder issue. "Close the freakin boarder and pause the the applications of citizenship." I am so tired of seeing people lose their jobs to people who will out source, under bid or under table the American worker. I saw this happen to the steel industries and now its going after the hi-tech, automotive, support and services, you name it. I used to make a living building houses. But now with the wave of illegal aliens in my communist state of California and the politician who will sell their mothers down the river to make a buck, I can not compete with an illegal labor force that will work for just about nothing. When are we going to take back this country? What is the United States going to look like in 40 years? Where is the democracy if both parties refused to listen to the people? What in the hell is the boarder patrol helping the illegal bypass the minutemen watchman? Sorry guys, just my rant for the month. :bang3:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    It's my understanding that the National Guard will be there until more border patrol agents can be enlisted and trained? I don't think it's the intention to leave the guard there longterm. I guess we will know more tonight after the address?

4. UnAmericanYOU

UnAmericanYOU VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    It's not going to really matter what the leadership of the two parties think, Americans want the southern border secured now.

Bush could have sent the National Guard down there a long time ago, he's only doing it now because he had to.

Bush even called up the president of Mexico to explain. The Senate is supposed to take up the issue again this week, and you know how that goes.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    True!

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    I marvel that these people find the electorate so hard to read. They were absolutely shocked that we were pissed about the port deal; they are panic-stricken over our reaction to "immigration". My God - we're only talking common sense here! Are they so immersed in the Beltway Cloister - so instinctively, reflexively geared toward political survival - that their ordinary thought processes have shut down entirely? This isn't rocket science, guys!

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    YES

8. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    LOL - that's what I was afraid of!