The Blind Side

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
It always seems like these Hollywood feel good stories end up being fake, and the stupid movie about this won someone an Academy Award, can't remember if it was Best Picture or Sandra Bullock, even though the movie was lame and not worthy.

I think Oher is likely correct in how he is portraying how it all happened, and this family was more interested in just cashing in.

Lots of movies based on real events take liberty with the facts. One of my favorite movies is Hidden Figures; however, lots of things depicted in that movie never happened or happened quite differently.

Lots of movies based on real events take liberty with the facts. One of my favorite movies is Hidden Figures; however, lots of things depicted in that movie never happened or happened quite differently.
one thing that did happen is that family took in a hopeless kid and helped him be successful,,

without them he would most likely be dead or in jail,,

It always seems like these Hollywood feel good stories end up being fake, and the stupid movie about this won someone an Academy Award, can't remember if it was Best Picture or Sandra Bullock, even though the movie was lame and not worthy.

I think Oher is likely correct in how he is portraying how it all happened, and this family was more interested in just cashing in.

The Touheys (sp?) were wealthy when they took Oher in when he was in HS. Long before he made a dime or there was even an indication that he might someday earn one.

They took zero dollars from his NFL contracts, and he apparently got 1/5th of the money they received from the movie which was a total of 700k divided by 5.

Bleacher Report

if Oher is wanting money from the family for the movie using his story, did he give them money from his NFL pay because they helped him get to the NFL???

He even acknowledged the issue in his book like 10 years ago. Clearly he merely talked to a BLM activist and convinced himself he was a victim because white people helped him.

He just made 20 white families not help black people who need help… because if they did? The left says they would be racist (to help someone in need who is black)… but then if the white people DIDNT help, they’d ALSO be racist because they DIDNT help a black person..

so either way, white people are racist

Al Sharpton and Barack Obama are alive and well in the modern Democrat/MSM cartel

Last edited:

Forum List

Back