The Birther Plan To Block Obama's Reelection

Give them a break.....it is the best chance they got

I am starting to think Obama is behind the Birther's Movement. ;)
The job is just not what he envisioned. Too many questions, Too much transparency.
He heard there is an opening for the Job of Caliphate, and finds it more appealing, less questions, no second guessing. He is getting his Resume together now. ;)

Obama loves the birthers

It allows him to lump the entire GOP into this fringe lunatic group

>

The law will have a couple of interesting legal impliations to watch when it is challenged in court.

#1 Full Faith And Credit
In many States when you request a birth certificate the official State birth certificate issued is a "short form" and has all the information needed to determine citizenship (i.e. parents and location of birth). Birth certificates are official state documents and therefore "public acts" and fall under the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the Constitution (Article IV Section 1) which requires one State honor the public acts of another. What Arizona is saying is that they will not recognize the public act of another State, which is unconstitutional unless the Federal Congress defines "the effects thereof" between States. To may knowledge Congress has never exempted one state from recognizing another states birth certificate as they did with marriage licenses under DOMA.

Mandate of Irrelevant Information
IIRC, the law requires the submission of the hospital, attending physician, and witnesses. Sorry not everyone is born in a hospital and not every birth has an attending physician. In addition, once the State has certified the birth, the addition limitations are irrelevant to establishing if the child had citizenship at birth. The only information needed to determine that, or even a higher standard of 2 citizen parents, or the even higher standard of 2 citizen parents on US Soil - is well - the names of the parents and the location of birth.

It will be fun to watch.

>>>>

Last edited:
But the birthers—those ardent Obama foes who believe the president was not born in Hawaii and, thus, is not constitutionally qualified serve as president—see this measure as more than symbolic. For them, it's part of a well-orchestrated campaign to deny Obama reelection.

man that article was STUPID.

it was written by David Corney, so that should tell ya all you need know:lol:

Shocking, the left once again trying to revive the birthers so they can lump them with everyone else in opposition to Obama and ignore the actual debate. Never would have seen this one coming.

It is a dumb arguement, he is a BAD president regardless of where he was born and when it comes to fixing elections look at ACRON (Obama's homeboy club) now they know how to get out the vote. When I find someone that can only see one side and also can't talk or write very well I see a one sided idiot.

Why is there another thread about this? We've already discussed it ad nasuem. If this law does pass, it probably won't pass constitutional muster and will be shot down when challenged in court. Even if it did somehow pass, it's going to be awfully embarrassing when the GOP can't get its candidate on the ballot either because of the overly restrictive requirements.

The Birther Plan To Block Obama's Reelection - This is a 21stC attempt by politicians in conservative states to reinstate their own version of the Jim Crow Laws which the 15th Amendment was supposed to address.

Last edited:
Give them a break.....it is the best chance they got

Vote suppression and Candidate disqualification is the right wing's answer to free and fair elections.

Can you beleive those low-down dirty tactics: disqualify an opponent so the voters don't get their constitutional right to vote for the candidate of their choice!

Why, I never....

"...Candidate disqualification is the right wing's answer to free and fair elections."

BTW, isn't that how Barak Obama got his start in politics?

"...[Alice] Palmer ran for re-election to her State Senate seat and filed nominating petitions with 1,580 signatures on December 18, 1995—the last day to file nominating petitions.[8] Obama challenged Palmer's hastily gathered nominating petitions and those of the three other prospective candidates. Nearly two-thirds of the signatures on Palmer's nominating petitions were found to be invalid, leaving her almost 200 signatures short of the required 757 signatures of registered voters residing in the Senate district; neither of the other three prospective candidates had the required number of valid signatures, leaving Obama, who had filed nominating petitions with over 3,000 signatures on the first filing day, as the only candidate to earn a place on the March 1996 Democratic primary ballot.[9][10]

Obama said that the challenges were necessitated by the obvious flaws in the challengers' signature sheets. "To my mind, we were just abiding by the rules that had been set up," he said in a 2007 interview with the Chicago Tribune.[10] When asked if voters were not disserviced by a ballot with no opposing candidates, Obama said "I think they ended up with a very good state senator."[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Palmer_(politician)

"...Candidate disqualification is the right wing's answer to free and fair elections."

I just love it when you lefties put your foot in your mouths!

I am starting to think Obama is behind the Birther's Movement. ;)
The job is just not what he envisioned. Too many questions, Too much transparency.
He heard there is an opening for the Job of Caliphate, and finds it more appealing, less questions, no second guessing. He is getting his Resume together now. ;)

please tell me you're kidding. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back