CDZ The Big What If

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
Had Donald Trump run as a Democrat and won the nomination, would you still support him?

Had he run under the same policies, statements, attitude and won, would he still attract your vote? He still wants to build a wall, exclude Muslim immigrants, stop trade deals, and he still insults women and POWs and the disabled. Does he still get your vote?

Had the GOP no,inatedmJeb Bush or John Kasich, had Hillary and Bernie been taken down as Trump took down the other Republican candidates, had the tables been turned, would you support Trump?

It's the Big What If, the hypothetical in its grandest state. Bit, if circumstances were different and you had Donald Trump (d) against Jeb Bush (r) on the ballot this November, how would you cast your vote.

Under those terns "He still wants to build a wall, exclude Muslim immigrants, stop trade deals, and he still insults women and POWs and the disabled. Does he still get your vote?"

TRUMP

So party affiliatio
Under those terns "He still wants to build a wall, exclude Muslim immigrants, stop trade deals, and he still insults women and POWs and the disabled. Does he still get your vote?"

TRUMP
n is not important. How about ideological purity? Plenty of good Republicans have been purged due to what the most zealous Conservatives feel is a lack of ideological purity.

So party affiliatio

TRUMP
n is not important. How about ideological purity? Plenty of good Republicans have been purged due to what the most zealous Conservatives feel is a lack of ideological purity.
They have been booted for being fakes and liars. Trump is the ANTI-party nom.

So party affiliatio

TRUMP
So in spite of those incubent's work for party goals, party ideology and party majority in the past, they can be easily dismissed for an uncertain future?

So party affiliatio

TRUMP
So in spite of those incubent's work for party goals, party ideology and party majority in the past, they can be easily dismissed for an uncertain future?
Trump is the ANTI-party. The ANTI-elite. The ANTI-same ol same ol.
Its NOT a question of party. Its WHO backs America FIRST.

You better believe we are dismissing the darkfurys after the election, and his ilk, to an uncertain future outside of this GOP.

So party affiliatio

TRUMP
Trump is the ANTI-party. The ANTI-elite. The ANTI-same ol same ol.
Its NOT a question of party. Its WHO backs America FIRST.
Back in 1976 the nation was being torn asunder. Vietnam, Watergate and a general distrust of Washington. An outsider was no,inatedmJeb and won and then utterly failed due to his inexperience, stubbornness and lack of acquaintances on Capital Hill.

His name was Jimmy Carter. He was the 'anti' candidate of the age.

Be ever so careful about what you wish for, because you may just get it.

Had Donald Trump run as a Democrat and won the nomination, would you still support him?

Had he run under the same policies, statements, attitude and won, would he still attract your vote? He still wants to build a wall, exclude Muslim immigrants, stop trade deals, and he still insults women and POWs and the disabled. Does he still get your vote?

Had the GOP no,inatedmJeb Bush or John Kasich, had Hillary and Bernie been taken down as Trump took down the other Republican candidates, had the tables been turned, would you support Trump?

It's the Big What If, the hypothetical in its grandest state. Bit, if circumstances were different and you had Donald Trump (d) against Jeb Bush (r) on the ballot this November, how would you cast your vote.

I don't support Trump. I consider him less a danger than Clinton, but still probably won't vote for him.

I'm actually wondering if support for Trump falls on ideological lines or party loyalty. If it's ideology, where have the supporters been during the ideological debate? That debate was between the Tea Party less taxes, smaller government, no entitlement spending crowd and their polar opposites. Trump's ideology, what I can make of it, lays squarely in the xenophobic, isolationist, look for scapegoats among immigrants, Mexicans and Muslims. Not a lot of political policy, but a lot of fear and suspicion.

Now, if his support is from the Tea Party wing, why hasn't Trump championed their causes so vigorously that they could throw in with him without reservation?

And, if the Tea Party ideologues were so fervent in their beliefs, why did they abandon champions like Cruz and Rubio?

Is Trump's support like the Susquehanna River: a mile wide and a foot deep? Or has The Donald convinced the Tea Party wing that he and he a.one can bring them to the political Promised Land?

So far the flames from his campaign throw a lot of heat, but not much light.

I'm actually wondering if support for Trump falls on ideological lines or party loyalty. If it's ideology, where have the supporters been during the ideological debate? That debate was between the Tea Party less taxes, smaller government, no entitlement spending crowd and their polar opposites. Trump's ideology, what I can make of it, lays squarely in the xenophobic, isolationist, look for scapegoats among immigrants, Mexicans and Muslims. Not a lot of political policy, but a lot of fear and suspicion.

Now, if his support is from the Tea Party wing, why hasn't Trump championed their causes so vigorously that they could throw in with him without reservation?

And, if the Tea Party ideologues were so fervent in their beliefs, why did they abandon champions like Cruz and Rubio?

Is Trump's support like the Susquehanna River: a mile wide and a foot deep? Or has The Donald convinced the Tea Party wing that he and he a.one can bring them to the political Promised Land?

If I were to vote for Trump. it would be ideological in the sense that I think Clinton a Wall Street Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. Donald may be unbearable to listen to, but he probably won't do much harm. Clinton will damage the economy.

Trump is simply Jesse Ventura on a national scale...... spouting obvious truths that politicians cant see until they lose.....then they will suddenly be trying to out Trump Trump

A mile wide and a foot deep is enough to win the presidency. It doesn't matter how you want to phrase your condescension toward Trump and his supporters, in the end, it all comes down to one day and how the candidates perform in the swing states.

A mile wide and a foot deep is enough to win the presidency. It doesn't matter how you want to phrase your condescension toward Trump and his supporters, in the end, it all comes down to one day and how the candidates perform in the swing states.
Swing states?

Comrade Trump's attacks on Cruz and Kasich the day after the RNC nomination and then his attack on Mr. Khan finally have awoken the American electorate to what he is.

Comrade Trump may win OH and FL. HRC is pulling away beyond the MoE in NC, VA, MI, PA, MN, WI, which is enough to win.

Easily.

Swing states?

Comrade Trump's attacks on Cruz and Kasich the day after the RNC nomination and then his attack on Mr. Khan finally have awoken the American electorate to what he is.

Comrade Trump may win OH and FL. HRC is pulling away beyond the MoE in NC, VA, MI, PA, MN, WI, which is enough to win.

Easily.

When you have numbers to support your fantasies, pony them up. Right now, the last numbers I saw has Hillary trailing Trump.

Swing states?

Easily.

When you have numbers to support your fantasies, pony them up. Right now, the last numbers I saw has Hillary trailing Trump.
Bingo!

Election 2016 Clinton Trump Spread
RCP Poll Average 44.5 43.4 Clinton +1.1
bg_election_2010_trend_up_dem.gif

Favorability Ratings -16.0 -19.8 Clinton +3.8
Betting Odds 70.0 30.0
4-Way Race Johnson Stein
RCP Poll Average 7.0 2.8
Electoral College Clinton Trump Spread
RCP Electoral Map 202 154 Clinton +48
No Toss Up States 322 216
Battlegrounds
bg_battlegrounds_on.png
bg_battlegrounds_off.png
Clinton Trump Spread
Pennsylvania 46.4 42.0 Clinton +4.4
Michigan 41.0 35.8 Clinton +5.2
Ohio 42.6 41.8 Clinton +0.8
Florida 43.5 43.8 Trump +0.3
Iowa 41.3 40.8 Clinton +0.5
Wisconsin 44.3 38.7 Clinton +5.6
New Hampshire 43.0 39.3 Clinton +3.7

You can look up Minnesota, Virginia, and North Carolina on your own on the RCP site.

Swing states?

Easily.

Bingo!

Election 2016 Clinton Trump Spread
RCP Poll Average 44.5 43.4 Clinton +1.1
bg_election_2010_trend_up_dem.gif

Favorability Ratings -16.0 -19.8 Clinton +3.8
Betting Odds 70.0 30.0
4-Way Race Johnson Stein
RCP Poll Average 7.0 2.8
Electoral College Clinton Trump Spread
RCP Electoral Map 202 154 Clinton +48
No Toss Up States 322 216
Battlegrounds
bg_battlegrounds_on.png
bg_battlegrounds_off.png
Clinton Trump Spread
Pennsylvania 46.4 42.0 Clinton +4.4
Michigan 41.0 35.8 Clinton +5.2
Ohio 42.6 41.8 Clinton +0.8
Florida 43.5 43.8 Trump +0.3
Iowa 41.3 40.8 Clinton +0.5
Wisconsin 44.3 38.7 Clinton +5.6
New Hampshire 43.0 39.3 Clinton +3.7

You can look up Minnesota, Virginia, and North Carolina on your own on the RCP site.

I don't need to. RCP averages are not credible.

Forum List

Back