The big C

It's the flame zone. QW wants all of it and it's his thread.

That means he wants the partisan stuff as well as everything else. I'm not at all troubled by anything in this thread.

:)

Neither am I, it lets people see who the real scumbags are. It will be fun pointing out Dot's reaction the next time he complains about my lack of compassion to something.

Just painted a dresser to put in the room for the new roomie, took the dogs for a quick walk, went thru some junky jewelry sis sent me for any craft projects I may need it for and now? Too pooped to spit. Takes too much effort.:D

I agree Luddly has been expressing well wishes to QW. It's his back handed insults included with his well wishes that are troubling.

It's the flame zone. QW wants all of it and it's his thread.

That means he wants the partisan stuff as well as everything else. I'm not at all troubled by anything in this thread.

Quantum Windbag said:
Neither am I, it lets people see who the real scumbags are. It will be fun pointing out Dot's reaction the next time he complains about my lack of compassion to something.

Yep, it's all in the fun of the flame zone game. When the games are above the table.

For the scumbags that think I would lie about this, feel free to act like the assholes you are. For the rest of you, this is where I am at right now.

I have aggressive adenocarcinoma cancer of the esophagus. There are numerous small nodules in my right lung that they suspect are also cancer, but they have not confirmed it yet. I have to make a follow up appointment for a CT scan to check my liver, but the one I already had didn't show anything there. Have no idea why they want another one, but it will give a chance to lie down for about 15 minutes, so I will take it.

It is still early in the process of dealing with this, and I haven't actually spoken to an oncologist at this point. Part of the reason for this is structural to the bureaucracy in that it takes time to get an appointment, I need a referral from my PHP and I haven't actually got that yet because, despite having obeyed the actual law and signed up for Covered CA back in December, they still haven't processed the application, so I don't actually have insurance right now. Want to tell me again how great Obamacare is?

That's right, the one state state that jumped whole hog into Obamacare is screwing the pooch, so I am in limbo. Thanks to that I am now relaying on the staff of SF General hospital to dig through the mess that is Obamacare and figure out why I cannot access the best oncology center in the Bay Area. They are going to go ahead and pretend everything is hunky dory there and provide me with preliminary testing, but they can only do that for a month before they run into the wall of the law that requires me to have insurance from somewhere.

So, despite actually having signed up for insurance, and having it flagged in the system that I do have it, I don't. Despite being told that Obamacare is the greatest thing ever, it sucks. Even the doctors who are used to dealing with Medical are complaining because it is screwing everything up. Frankly, I can't blame them because, if it wasn't for Obamacare, if there was some sort of problem with my insurance before, I could have gotten emergency Medical by now and they would get the money from my private insurance after I got it straightened out.

Did you save or print out a copy of your signup? Use that as proof of purchase,it should do the trick.

Have you tried CenCal, QW? That is what I am on. I didn't even have to go in to the government office. But this was before obamacare kicked in so I guess I am grandfathered in.
Talk to the cancer society folks. They have leads that go above and beneath beurocraptic bullshit. Your local hospital also will know which organizations are there to help to get you going NOW on treatment instead of being in limbo.

I had no clue what was going on when I was diagnosed. It was boom boom boom. Had to wait a few months for the surgery date, but mine was slow growing and small. Yours is aggressive, so the faster you get medical treatment, the better. Try EVERYTHING. Leave no stone unturned.
Hearst Foundation treats San Luis Obispo county. You are in SF.
In fact...call Hearst Foundation and see if they know of something similar in your area.

Hearst Foundations

Then call the cancer society and ask them for leads to organizations that can get you going NOW, while the other crap is dealt with by those in that mess. At least you can get going on what needs done NOW.

And you can holler, scream, rant, be ornery all you want. Those who have walked in your moccasins know what it feels like.

Luddly, READ THE THREAD. Nobody is asking you to get involved in battles with other people. Sheesh. This man was JUST TOLD he has CANCER. And some asshole comes in and is a jerkoff. QW gets sarcastic and instead of READING THE FRIGGING THREAD, you continue on with your head in the sand.

If i had been spoken to like QW was, when I was told...I don't know if I would have made it mentally. It's a kick in the gut. And I hope like hell you nor anyone else questioning it ever gets the same treatment. So inform yourself what this thread is about before shooting off your fucking mouth.

*stands and applauds*

syzpsztwzdhdz.jpg

They Do Say Bad Things Come in Three's

Sunday all of the Doctors were gathered to have the discussion of what He wanted and to discuss his final days.... and he wanted to come home. He wanted to wrap up a few things on his computers, see his beloved cats, do a movie marathon of his favorites....and have me arrange for a round of kittens...before checking into hospice. He so wanted to hold kittens one last time..... It was going to take a few day for all of the arrangements...bed, wheelchairs, ramps, transportation back and forth for blood.... It was suggested that i bring him his computers so do what ever it was he wanted to wrap up....

They offered to move Him into one of the nicer suites of the palliative care unite.... OMG the VERY same room my mother had just died in. I passed...(bad juju)...we were just fine and happy in the room we were in thank you very much.

We also finalized all of the paperwork stating that i was to be his medical power of attorney. They all new this but just needed it said again, signed and witnessed.... They asked him about his wishes for DNR. The doctors looked at him for the answer...and he looked at me. He trusted my decisions and knowledge....and so did the doctors.

I went home, arranged to get kittens and bring them in on Wed....after all we did have at least a week... I gathered all that he wanted and brought it back up to him.

the call came in at 230am monday morning.... i should come now. His eyes were closed and respiration was 58. They were desperately trying to get it down with morphine and ease his pain. (normal is 15 -20) I made the DNR decision and refused any further blood. I knew he would never wake up again.... The hours ticked on... and on.... to the point they had run the pharmacy out of morphine and were PRN dosing him every 10 minutes. I had had enough.... after 8 hours of them not being able to deal with his breathing issues and pain.... i had HAD enough.

I ordered....
that the doctors orders be changed from morphine to dilaudid. The nurse looked at her charge nurse... the charge looked at me and said... You are right. (and He hates it when i am right...lol) She ran off to try and get the orders changed. The attending doctors said no, they did not think that was a good idea at all..who was i after all to give orders, make medical decisions, and second guess them, the doctors... he was already at the max dose of morphine both drip and boils.​

the nurse came back into the room a while later and said "I would never guess" .... aaahhh... yes indeed... the doctors DO think it is a good idea after all!!! I am right... They changed the orders and gave him the dilauded. After the first dose... his whole body gave a sigh of relief.... and his breathing rate slowly came down. His pain was finally over.....

I held his hand and stroked his arm for almost 24 hours until he passed away. For a brief moment he opened his eyes and looked at me...breathed his last, and passed away. I am heartbroken. I have lost my best friend. I will always love him...and know he will always love me.

My family will never forgive me....nor will they ever understand. At 11am was my mothers burial...of which i did not attend...my sister has not responded to the email my husband sent saying that depending on what happened at the hospital with my friend... we may or may not be there.

In the afternoon.. the emails between my husband and his father started flying. A dear family friend, the wife of his college roommate, had lost her battle with cancer. The infection she had was not going to respond...and they were taking her off of life support in the ICU. The ICU unit is on the floor directly beneath us! She passed away a few hours later.

the morbid thought that just came to mind..... they will be sharing rooms in the morgue and be able to keep each other company...... :eek-52:

oh... and there was an earthquake.

My Shakespearean life.... and the universe....it does laugh....

Forum List

Back