The Bible vs. The Book of Mormon

Yeah? What's interesting about God stopping the sun, or sending it travelling backward in the sky?

uh....... that's false..........

Nahom- discovered
Bountiful- discovered
ancient mayan ruins- evidence
it's all here. I challenge you to refute just 1 of the evidences found on the website.

Mormon Truth and Book of Mormon Evidences: Not Proof, But Indications of Plausibility

Truth, the people in the video are biblical archeologists who have uncovered thousands of years worth of evidence of the existence of ancient Israel, Egypt, etc. and then there are others who are archeologists who have uncovered the Native Americans and their history. They have absolutely nothing against Mormonism whatsoever - they just cannot find one shred of evidence that anything that the Book of Mormon suggests happened has ever actually happened. Your source is a Mormon source - do you have a completely neutral source that has verified the items you mentioned above have been found?

If not, I suggest you withdraw your claim that there is evidence of anything in the Book of Mormon except Joseph Smith being a guy known for his tall tales.

You know, after all the persecution Jews have gone through and continue to go through one would expect a Jew to be less of an judgemental ass. Instead of claiming because someone may or may not believe in the book of Mormon how about you actually address the issue and prove the people that say they have found evidence are actually wrong. Again for the slow, not JUST Mormons claim these thngs.

Okay ... as with all "evidence" to support religious myth, post one link that is not affiliated with them. Yes, I will check who funds the sources as I always do.

Truth, the people in the video are biblical archeologists who have uncovered thousands of years worth of evidence of the existence of ancient Israel, Egypt, etc. and then there are others who are archeologists who have uncovered the Native Americans and their history. They have absolutely nothing against Mormonism whatsoever - they just cannot find one shred of evidence that anything that the Book of Mormon suggests happened has ever actually happened. Your source is a Mormon source - do you have a completely neutral source that has verified the items you mentioned above have been found?

If not, I suggest you withdraw your claim that there is evidence of anything in the Book of Mormon except Joseph Smith being a guy known for his tall tales.

You know, after all the persecution Jews have gone through and continue to go through one would expect a Jew to be less of an judgemental ass. Instead of claiming because someone may or may not believe in the book of Mormon how about you actually address the issue and prove the people that say they have found evidence are actually wrong. Again for the slow, not JUST Mormons claim these thngs.

Okay ... as with all "evidence" to support religious myth, post one link that is not affiliated with them. Yes, I will check who funds the sources as I always do.

Just because a Mormon Link is involved does not mean only Mormons were involved. But then critical thinking is not high on the list of things some of you people have. Links have already been provided. Links that include non Mormon scholars.

Just because a Mormon Link is involved does not mean only Mormons were involved. But then critical thinking is not high on the list of things some of you people have. Links have already been provided. Links that include non Mormon scholars.

So then ... you can't find one that isn't affiliated or funded by the Mormons which supports your statement? Just like all the ones about the christian bible ...

So then ... you can't find one that isn't affiliated or funded by the Mormons which supports your statement? Just like all the ones about the christian bible ...

Look you idiot, once again who sponsored it is irrelevant. What is relevant is that NON Mormons are involved. Remind us again why a non Christian group would sponsor research into the Bible or the Book of Mormon? Well other then attack sites designed to ATTACK the books, ignoring evidence and just cherry picking what they post or write. Kinda like you.

Look you idiot, once again who sponsored it is irrelevant. What is relevant is that NON Mormons are involved. Remind us again why a non Christian group would sponsor research into the Bible or the Book of Mormon? Well other then attack sites designed to ATTACK the books, ignoring evidence and just cherry picking what they post or write. Kinda like you.

Who sponsors it is very relevant ... since they don't want to lose the money they need to continue they have to only show data that agrees with the sponsors. You missed the fact that it was you who contended that there was actual evidence from non-whatever (Mormon of other christian group) that supports the book. There is none in reality, just loose connections and the appearance of names in other lores and myths. That is not hard evidence, it is circumstantial. Since the Book of Mormon only appeared after these people were discovered it would be easy to write in a few facts to make it appear more accurate than it is.

Who sponsors it is very relevant ... since they don't want to lose the money they need to continue they have to only show data that agrees with the sponsors. You missed the fact that it was you who contended that there was actual evidence from non-whatever (Mormon of other christian group) that supports the book. There is none in reality, just loose connections and the appearance of names in other lores and myths. That is not hard evidence, it is circumstantial. Since the Book of Mormon only appeared after these people were discovered it would be easy to write in a few facts to make it appear more accurate than it is.

Wrong again dipstick, but par for the course for a God Hater.

I don't hate any of the gods ... I just hate when people make such wild claims about their religious beliefs with absolutely nothing credible to back them up. Now, where are those non-biased links supporting any of your claims?

I don't hate any of the gods ... I just hate when people make such wild claims about their religious beliefs with absolutely nothing credible to back them up. Now, where are those non-biased links supporting any of your claims?

Once again RETARD, the links provide NON Mormon Scholars, evidence is still evidence no matter who SPONSORS the research, you are DENSE.

Once again RETARD, the links provide NON Mormon Scholars, evidence is still evidence no matter who SPONSORS the research, you are DENSE.

Evidence is always edited by who pays for it. Now, those non-biased links please or just give it up. Just because you hate me so much doesn't make you always right, now let your hatred aside a moment and find some credible non-biased links please.

Evidence is always edited by who pays for it. Now, those non-biased links please or just give it up. Just because you hate me so much doesn't make you always right, now let your hatred aside a moment and find some credible non-biased links please.

In other words you do not want evidence, but hey thanks for play you dumb fuck.

In other words you do not want evidence, but hey thanks for play you dumb fuck.

No, I am just unwilling to accept evidence unless it is from a credible and non-biased source, thus making certain it is honest and true. However since you are unwilling to accept anything but credible and non-biased this shows you care little for truth and even less for honesty. Now, those links please, otherwise it's all just myth.

So using that logic I and all Republicans can dismiss anything Obama or the Democrats have to say on facts or evidence or well anything, unless of course they can provide us with some unbiased source for those statements or facts? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

So using that logic I and all Republicans can dismiss anything Obama or the Democrats have to say on facts or evidence or well anything, unless of course they can provide us with some unbiased source for those statements or facts? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Sure, I do it all the time myself. Like when I said Obama was likely lying from the beginning and that he was a bad choice for president, also that he was no different than Bush Jr. most likely. Which his actions have proven to be accurate, Obama is just Bush Jr. on the Democrat ticket (Democrat and Republican have no meaning anymore and both are just proof of that.)

uh....... that's false..........

Nahom- discovered
Bountiful- discovered
ancient mayan ruins- evidence
it's all here. I challenge you to refute just 1 of the evidences found on the website.

Mormon Truth and Book of Mormon Evidences: Not Proof, But Indications of Plausibility

This has nothing to do with the presecution of the Jewish people - and if someone wants to believe in something based upon faith and not upon fact, they're welcome to. And let me follow this up by saying - if there are major archeological journals that are publishing evidence and books written by renowned and respected archeologists on there being actual evidence of the battles of the Book of Mormon, please point them out to me. But Truth pointed me out to some shady looking website that rivals Worldnetdaily.

Koder - I look at archeological evidence to tell me that what the Torah and the Tenach have said are actually true. Before I found out there was actual archeological evidence - I was not a big believer. Now I am. We have found temples and synogogues and pottery and money used to trade and have dug up bodies and have done everything.. we see where Mount Sinai is, we see where Egypt is today and their great Pyramids and the Jewish slavery that built them as the Torah discusses.. and not only can we use our own archeology research to prove of the existence of nearly everything that occurred in the Torah and the Tenach, but we can also cross reference other cultures back then such as the Ancient Egyptians and the Babylonians and the Phillistines, etc. and their records show the wars that they declared on Israel, their records show how many people they lost... their records show everything that the records show in the Torah and the Tenach. Now you don't have to believe that God created the Universe and the Earth in 7 days, and all of the "metaphysical" things that happened that cannot be proven with modern archeological research - those things take a leap of faith.

However, there were numerous battles in the Book of Mormon and there isn't one shred of archeological evidence of them. Additionally the Golden Plates were supposedly re-burried at Cumorah, yet have we found them? Nope. There hasn't been one single shred of evidence of anything that the Book of Mormon talks about - it is the equivelant of me writing a big story about God and how he created the Earth and the origins of the conflict between good and evil and publishing it - but do I have any evidence of it? Additionally, it was how many years between Jospeh Smith "receiving" the golden plates and letting other people see them?

This behavior of an "angel" not wanting Jospeh Smith to read the gospel completely contradicts everything in Christianity. God would NEVER command an angel not to spread the Good News and no angel would ever go against God in doing so. Further, the idea of Lucifer in the Book of Mormon being Jesus' evil brother is completely laughable. The idea of there being a Devil in the first place is laughable, but to make him the brother of the Son of God... if I were a Christian and had studied "The New Testament" I would know the order of things and have a general idea of what to expect from God and understand his behaviors and his actions and what he wants from mankind and what mankind expects from him. The Book of Mormon completely contradicts the behavior of God (Eloheim) from earlier scriptures of Judaism and Christianity.

I'm sorry, but this whole notion of the Book of Mormon being a religious scripture is completely false. There is absolutely no evidence of anything that the Book of Mormon discusses up until the 1800s when Joseph Smith actually wrote it. During the time period he wrote the book and the time period he first shared the Golden Plates with the Three Witnesses, he could've had enough time to write his own golden plates.

Forum List

Back