The Bible vs. The Book of Mormon

The Mormons have been wandering around in the jungle's of South America for a hundred years looking for evidence to prove the Book of Mormon.

So far they haven't found a single artifact, inscription, piece of potter, or anything else to back up their fraudlent story and fictional book.

Last edited:
Wrong again dipstick, but par for the course for a God Hater.

I don't hate any of the gods ... I just hate when people make such wild claims about their religious beliefs with absolutely nothing credible to back them up. Now, where are those non-biased links supporting any of your claims?

Once again RETARD, the links provide NON Mormon Scholars, evidence is still evidence no matter who SPONSORS the research, you are DENSE.

yea, I bet some old school Phillip Morris evidence agrees with your statement!

:lol:

tobacco-executives.jpg

Wow, I just got back on and read the lamest arguments I have ever heard against the Book of Mormon. How lame are they????? By my calculations they are about a 1 out of 10 on a scale of 10. Lame to the point that no one even refuted one claim made by my web page I posted answering all your lame claims. Hey.... That rhymes.

I am still waiting for comebacks on the issues addressed. No evidence for battles????? Someone is not perusing the website? A biased website? Tell me one claim that is biased please? I am waiting.....
I'm still waiting...........

Mormon Truth and Book of Mormon Evidences: Not Proof, But Indications of Plausibility

If you read the book of mormon, you WILL, however, find huge sections of the Bible plagiarized right into the middle of it. Apparently, Joseph Smith was having a slow day, and having some difficulty seeing those stones in the bottom of his hat, so he just cut & pasted out of Isaiah.

The people who wrote the bible are the same people who thought the world was flat

And the people who wrote the Book of Mormon thought drinking coffee was a sin.

Not only that, but they don't drink alcohol either. But, that is kinda curious, since in the Bible (Old Testament), it was stated that "wine was a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men", and the first thing Noah planted when the flood let up was grapes for wine.

There is NOTHING WRONG with coffee, alcohol, cigarettes or marijuana, at least, not if they are done in moderation.

I mean.....God told Adam and Eve when they left Eden....."if it grows out of the ground, you may partake of it".

Again......where are the gold plates, and why were they taken away?

A legitimate question.

A legitimate answer. When the translation was finished, the angel said he would take the plates back to keep them safe. The reason for this was not only to protect the plates but to protect Joseph from the endless attempts to steal the plates. It's also funny how people who say Joseph was a false prophet were the very ones breaking in to his home and raiding his wagons searching for the plates. Obviously they believed he had them.

The other reason the plates were taken back was to "try the faith of my people" as God told Joseph. Living an acceptable life before God means demonstrating your faith in him along with adherance to his commandments. If we got shown everything and were forced to believe everything in scriptures there would be no trial of faith. Everything would be too easy and we wouldn't learn anything spiritually. We would learn a lot secularly but that is not the whole purpose in life. You have to grow in both ways.

The plates will be made available for all to see in God's own due time and there will be a lot of disappointed and ashamed people who mocked us and persecuted us throughout the ages.:(

The people who wrote the bible are the same people who thought the world was flat

And the people who wrote the Book of Mormon thought drinking coffee was a sin.

You don't know the definition of a sin. To KNOWINGLY commit a transgression. People who transgress ignorantly are not sinning. If I or another member who knows that I shouldn't do it proceeds to do it, then it would be a sin.

But it's not like we believe judgment depends on your coffee drinking. Get a clue.

Wow, I just got back on and read the lamest arguments I have ever heard against the Book of Mormon. How lame are they????? By my calculations they are about a 1 out of 10 on a scale of 10. Lame to the point that no one even refuted one claim made by my web page I posted answering all your lame claims. Hey.... That rhymes.

I am still waiting for comebacks on the issues addressed. No evidence for battles????? Someone is not perusing the website? A biased website? Tell me one claim that is biased please? I am waiting.....
I'm still waiting...........

Mormon Truth and Book of Mormon Evidences: Not Proof, But Indications of Plausibility

I don't trust the source, he looks about as dirty as Nixon and less credible and that's #1. #2, the fact that I've stated this and you're still pointing to me only ONE website that has "archeological evidence" of what took place in the Book of Mormon and not a whole slew of websites to show me says a great deal. I can go into any museum around the country - I could even go to my cousin's home in Israel and actually see for myself artifacts that were discussed in the Torah or the Tenach live, in person... I can go onto the internet and find hundreds of thousands of websites that discuss Jewish and Christian archeology... but you have only ONE website to show me for Mormon archeology? And this one website looks shadier than Dick Cheney discussing Iraq in 2002?

Don't you think there's something wrong with that?

Tell me "Despite the lack of archeological evidence that anything that happened in the Book of Mormon actually occurred, I still believe in it word for word" and my argument ends - because you can't debate an idea. I've done it with Christians before and despite Rabbi Joshua fulfilling absolutely none of the prophecies set forth for the Messiah to fulfill, many still believe he was the Messiah. I can't argue with them... but you're not doing that. You're pointing to me this one, crooked website that has "supposed" proof of all of these battles?

Again......where are the gold plates, and why were they taken away?

A legitimate question.

A legitimate answer. When the translation was finished, the angel said he would take the plates back to keep them safe. The reason for this was not only to protect the plates but to protect Joseph from the endless attempts to steal the plates. It's also funny how people who say Joseph was a false prophet were the very ones breaking in to his home and raiding his wagons searching for the plates. Obviously they believed he had them.

The other reason the plates were taken back was to "try the faith of my people" as God told Joseph. Living an acceptable life before God means demonstrating your faith in him along with adherance to his commandments. If we got shown everything and were forced to believe everything in scriptures there would be no trial of faith. Everything would be too easy and we wouldn't learn anything spiritually. We would learn a lot secularly but that is not the whole purpose in life. You have to grow in both ways.

The plates will be made available for all to see in God's own due time and there will be a lot of disappointed and ashamed people who mocked us and persecuted us throughout the ages.:(

In due time... yeah. Ok, in the meantime, I'm going to scratch my ass.

I think Rob makes a good point. There isn't much difference between L Ron Hubbard and Joseph Smith.

Which brings me to another question..........

We already had Christianity, Judaism and Zen (which follows quite a few of the same paths as Judaism), so why in the hell would anyone want to invent a new religion?

Didn't they learn anything from how fucked up the muslims ended up?

How about the Catholics, Mormons, and all the other cults there are in the world today?

Nope, the 3 that I've got (Tao, Christianity and Judaism), are plenty fine for me.......I don't need to become a deity, just the knowledge that I'm Jesus' little brother.

goddamit. I made the Hubbard/Smith comparison first.

And Abikersailer.. dude.. christianity was a jewish CULT. Stop making dumb fucking statements about muslims and catholics.

If you read the book of mormon, you WILL, however, find huge sections of the Bible plagiarized right into the middle of it. Apparently, Joseph Smith was having a slow day, and having some difficulty seeing those stones in the bottom of his hat, so he just cut & pasted out of Isaiah.

Another uneducated comment. First there is not a copyright on the King James Bible. Second, Your lack of knowledge of the context is astounding. The Lehites brought the writings of Isaiah as well as many other writings which are found in the Old Testament and even some that are not like the book of Zenock and the book of Zenos the Prophet, which had not been heard of in Joseph Smith's day, yet now we find more and more writings which refer to Zenock and Zenos which are not found in the bible. Now how did Joseph guess that right? hmmmmmm......

So the portion of 2nd Nephi which you claim is plagiarizm, was simply Nephi quoting Isaiah because he thought it would be beneficial for us to emphasize. Next question please?

Another uneducated comment. First there is not a copyright on the King James Bible. Second, Your lack of knowledge of the context is astounding. The Lehites brought the writings of Isaiah as well as many other writings which are found in the Old Testament and even some that are not like the book of Zenock and the book of Zenos the Prophet, which had not been heard of in Joseph Smith's day, yet now we find more and more writings which refer to Zenock and Zenos which are not found in the bible. Now how did Joseph guess that right? hmmmmmm......

So the portion of 2nd Nephi which you claim is plagiarizm, was simply Nephi quoting Isaiah because he thought it would be beneficial for us to emphasize. Next question please?

Thanks for not denying that the middle of the BOM is made up of plagiarized sections of the Bible. ;)

Forum List

Back