The Bible contradiction thread

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by MedfordMan, Mar 10, 2019.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,397
    No two Christians interpret the bible the same way why can't I interpret it differently than you? There are monks in the Greek Mountains as we speak spending their entire lives debating the meanings of the bible. You, a white man from America, have swallowed the white man's interpretation of what was written in the original bibles, which was actually written hundreds of years after the so called resurrection.

My mind isn't in the gutter. It says two women grinding (scissor me timber) and one will go to heaven because they believe in the lord jesus christ as their savior and the other one will be damned to hell for all eternity because they don't believe.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. hobelim

hobelim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,515

By all means feel free to interpret scripture anyway you like. I was just suggesting that you might want to apply yourself to be more than a puerile moron. Whether you realize it or not the way you interpret scripture reveals the defiled and contaminated condition of your perverted mind.

Hear or don't hear.

I have spoken.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,397
    And for the record I think it's a ridiculous story. Two men one goes to heaven and one goes to hell all based on if they believe in your cult story. That's not convincing that's coercion. It's telling someone if you believe you get the reward and if you don't you'll suffer. A simpleton weak person will choose belief.

I know how you are brainwashed. I just can't buy it.

No reward when you die. And perverts don't go to hell.

4. hobelim

hobelim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,515
    Its not about going to heaven or hell at all.

Its about one person comprehending the news of Gods kingdom and another person not comprehending.

Obviously you have been left behind whoever you have been sleeping with in whatever bed..

The reward for good or evil is for while you live. Perverts are already in hell. No one can repent from the grave.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,397
    Thank you so much for proving you are the typical Christian who doesn't know what you are talking about. It's about judgement day

There is debate among commentators and scholars over the phrase one will be taken and one left about whether one is taken for judgment or for salvation. If the imagery is patterned after the rescue of Noah from the flood, as some suggest, the ones taken are the saved (as Noah was) and those left behind are judged. The imagery, however, is not directly tied to the identification of the two groups. Its primary purpose in context is to picture the sudden, surprising separation of the righteous and the judged (i.e., condemned) at the return of the Son of Man.

Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left. 42 Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect

6. hobelim

hobelim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,515
    When its least expected, you're elected, its your lucky day. Smile, you're on candid camera...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  7. Magnificat

Magnificat Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +182
    About that FOOTNOTE. They are still going die.