The best scary movies.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
I haven't seen many new ones, at least not in the past 20 years or more. Every year around Halloween we like breaking out some traditional classics like Hellraiser, The Exorcist, or maybe some of the old black and white Dracula, Frankenstein and all the other Bela Legosi and Boris Karloff flicks.

Honestly I'm usually more into the comedy-type horror flicks like Pet Semetary, Scary Movie, Motel Hell and The Shining, but if anyone knows of any I might like please let me know.

Most horror movies I would call "startling". You're just waiting for the boogy man to jump out around the next corner.

But The Exorcist...watch the Exorcist alone in the dark & I GUARANTEE you that you'll say your prayers before going to bed!

THAT was a scary movie!

This 1955 movie still freaks me out and I watched it in the 1970's ... I still remember it

images (8).jpeg

I haven't seen many new ones, at least not in the past 20 years or more. Every year around Halloween we like breaking out some traditional classics like Hellraiser, The Exorcist, or maybe some of the old black and white Dracula, Frankenstein and all the other Bela Legosi and Boris Karloff flicks.

Honestly I'm usually more into the comedy-type horror flicks like Pet Semetary, Scary Movie, Motel Hell and The Shining, but if anyone knows of any I might like please let me know.

My favorites are Rosemary's Baby, the 1968 film with Mia Farrow and Ruth Gordon, The Shining, the 1980 version with Jack Nicholson and Dawn Of The Dead, the original one from 1978.

Forum List

Back