Great acting in movies that sucked.

I nominate Dennis Hopper in the horrible Waterworld.
He was the only reason I watched that entire turd.
That is how I feel about the True Romance film which of course is another film with Dennis. The only scenes from that film that I have watched are the ones that actor Bronson Pinchot is in, for that beautiful precious gentleman is the only reason why I have the film in the first place, I love him so much.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Here is a clip of him telling about his filming the elevator scene.

I never thought Waterworld was as bad as people say. It was just ridiculously expensive to make, and didn't make back nearly as much as they spent.

My Cousin Vinnie.
This was a really poorly-written script, a very unrealistic story line even for a comedy, but somehow they pulled it off and made it entertaining. Only great actors and actresses can pull that off.( Marisa Tomei won the Oscar for best supporting actress)

I never thought Waterworld was as bad as people say. It was just ridiculously expensive to make, and didn't make back nearly as much as they spent.
He made the movie just so Jim Carrey would have this line in the Cable Guy.

Beverly Hills Cop was kind of a stupid movie but Eddie Murphy made it great.

Inspector Todd, played by Gill Hill in that scene, was a Detroit cop and homicide detective, rising to the rank of Commander over a 30-year-career. He made an unsuccessful run for Mayor of Detroit in 2001.

Best performance in that film.

The same with Jim Carrey.

I liked the first Ace Ventura film, Carrey was funny and it was different although the transgender part of it may not be popular in today's climate. The second one seems he way over acted in it.

Forum List

Back