The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

One thing that is apparent is that atheists are committed to keeping a closed mind to the possibility that a living, higher power created us. They not only do NOT believe in his existence, they don't want him to exist. They have been deceived and misled.
Actually, the problem I have with your God is his failure. He preaches that your life will suck, but it will get better after you die.

I expect a real God to make both life and after life good.

He uses a terrible excuse for his failure. He claims that our life sucking is OUR FAULT and not his failure at creation.

Actually, the problem I have with your God is his failure. He preaches that your life will suck, but it will get better after you die.

He uses a terrible excuse for his failure. He claims that our life sucking is OUR FAULT and not his failure at creation.

Now you're delving into religious dogma. That has nothing to do with the subject matter.

It is YOUR team who claims to have all the answers w/o proof.

That's not true. For instance, I've already acknowledged that I cannot prove that God exists.
That's what the "answers w/o proof" means. You do not even feel you need proof of your side. Nor do you even question your beliefs. Now THAT, my friend, is a closed mind.

We scientists are constantly questioning both ourselves, others and our own dogma.

Did you like the dogma part? Yes we unfortunately also have lots of dogma in science. Not very scientific is it? LOL

Now you're delving into religious dogma. That has nothing to do with the subject matter.
Oh? What is the subject matter? The thread title and OP is kinda strange, so I just jumped in here on page 40-something for the first time and responded.

That's what the "answers w/o proof" means. You do not even feel you need proof of your side. Nor do you even question your beliefs. Now THAT, my friend, is a closed mind.[/QUOTE]

If I had a "closed mind", I wouldn't be reading your posts, let alone responding to them.

On another note, what is your scientific area of expertise?

Oh? What is the subject matter? The thread title and OP is kinda strange, so I just jumped in here on page 40-something for the first time and responded.

The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

That's what the "answers w/o proof" means. You do not even feel you need proof of your side. Nor do you even question your beliefs. Now THAT, my friend, is a closed mind.

If I had a "closed mind", I wouldn't be reading your posts, let alone responding to them.

On another note, what is your scientific area of expertise?
I am an evolutionary biologist who started in astrophysics.

As I said, that is kinda strange. What does it mean? I figured it was made by a creationist/IDer LOL

I surmise that the OP is referring to the widely held belief among atheists that lightning struck some "primordial soup" of minerals and, like magic, life suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

As I said, that is kinda strange. What does it mean? I figured it was made by a creationist/IDer LOL

I surmise that the OP is referring to the widely held belief among atheists that lightning struck some "primordial soup" of minerals and, like magic, life suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
Yes, that is pretty much the main line of abiogenesis dogma. However, calling it an accident is unfair. Calling it unscientific is clearly wrong.

From google

How many times does lightning strike the Earth every second?
25 million - Average U.S. cloud-to-ground lightning strikes per year. 50,000 degrees (F) - Temperature that lightning can reach. 1,800 - Average number of thunderstorms on earth at any given moment. 100 - Number of times lightning hits earth persecond.Jul 16, 2015

You do understand that there is no problem between evolution and creation (more or less), correct?

Evolution occurs AFTER creation.

You do understand that there is no problem between evolution and creation (more or less), correct?

Evolution occurs AFTER creation.

I know I exist. What role evolution played, if any, is irrelevant to me, frankly.

Who created the creator? What hard evidence ya got?

And who created the guy who created the creator? And who made the guys before him?
Exactly. If they can't logically explain who created the creator maybe then they realize there is no need for a creator. The cosmos are eternal. If not what did the creator live in before our universe started 13 billion years ago?

Today I learned the human species will go extinct anywhere between 5000 and 5 million years from now. Nothing lasts forever
Not my job to explain. We are taught what is relevant - our path to redemption.

Now has anyone posted the atomic symbol(s) that like funny cat videos yet?
Redemption from what? I am sure ISIS would enjoy your support. For that is where your kind of 'faith' inevitably leads.
Oh, so America, which was founded upon Judeo-Christian values, is just like ISIS?

View attachment 153393
The most influential of the founders were Deists. They did not believe in your concept of a Deity.

If there was something that came first and didn't need a cause, then why does the universe need a cause? You're right about one thing: logical contradictions are beyond human understanding.

It appears that the universe had a beginning, right or not? If so, who or what gave the universe its initial push? Who or what caused the universe to come into existence?
"It appears that the universe had a beginning, right or not?"

To be accurate, it appears that our observable reality had a beginning. The "universe" may not have.

One thing that is apparent is that atheists are committed to keeping a closed mind to the possibility that a living, higher power created us. They not only do NOT believe in his existence, they don't want him to exist. They have been deceived and misled.
"One thing that is apparent is that atheists are committed to keeping a closed mind to the possibility that a living, higher power created us. "

False. God may have created all of this. Evidence-based thinkers, atheists or otherwise (including theists), just object to your effort to wedge magical deities into every gap in our understanding. You are not a new breed, my friend. Your doppleganger was running around claiming diseases were caused by fallen angels, when we had no understanding of pathogens. And when we started to gain that understanding, you were running around, trying to spread misinformation and confusion about that understanding.... as if our knowledge of pathogens being incomplete or erroneous lends ANY support to your magical dogma. It doesn't.

Forum List

Back