"The attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum" UN Secretary-General

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
"It is important to also recognize the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum.
The Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating occupation. They have seen their land steadily devoured by settlements and plagued by violence; their economy stifled; their people displaced and their homes demolished. Their hopes for a political solution to their plight have been vanishing.

But the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas. And those appalling attacks cannot justify the collective punishment of the Palestinian people.

Even war has rules.

We must demand that all parties uphold and respect their obligations under international humanitarian law; take constant care in the conduct of military operations to spare civilians; and respect and protect hospitals and respect the inviolability of UN facilities which today are sheltering more than 600,000 Palestinians.

The relentless bombardment of Gaza by Israeli forces, the level of civilian casualties, and the wholesale destruction of neighborhoods continue to mount and are deeply alarming.

I mourn and honour the dozens of UN colleagues working for UNRWA – sadly, at least 35 and counting – killed in the bombardment of Gaza over the last two weeks.

I owe to their families my condemnation of these and many other similar killings.

The protection of civilians is paramount in any armed conflict.

Protecting civilians can never mean using them as human shields.

Protecting civilians does not mean ordering more than one million people to evacuate to the south, where there is no shelter, no food, no water, no medicine and no fuel, and then continuing to bomb the south itself.

I am deeply concerned about the clear violations of international humanitarian law that we are witnessing in Gaza.

Let me be clear: No party to an armed conflict is above international humanitarian law."

"It is important to also recognize the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum.
The Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating occupation. They have seen their land steadily devoured by settlements and plagued by violence; their economy stifled; their people displaced and their homes demolished. Their hopes for a political solution to their plight have been vanishing.

But the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas. And those appalling attacks cannot justify the collective punishment of the Palestinian people.

Even war has rules.

We must demand that all parties uphold and respect their obligations under international humanitarian law; take constant care in the conduct of military operations to spare civilians; and respect and protect hospitals and respect the inviolability of UN facilities which today are sheltering more than 600,000 Palestinians.

The relentless bombardment of Gaza by Israeli forces, the level of civilian casualties, and the wholesale destruction of neighborhoods continue to mount and are deeply alarming.

I mourn and honour the dozens of UN colleagues working for UNRWA – sadly, at least 35 and counting – killed in the bombardment of Gaza over the last two weeks.

I owe to their families my condemnation of these and many other similar killings.

Protecting civilians does not mean ordering more than one million people to evacuate to the south, where there is no shelter, no food, no water, no medicine and no fuel, and then continuing to bomb the south itself.

I am deeply concerned about the clear violations of international humanitarian law that we are witnessing in Gaza.

Let me be clear: No party to an armed conflict is above international humanitarian law."

Hamas needs to stop hiding behind children and come out and fight.

Even war has rules.

Who was instrumental in the creation of Israel?....Oh yeah, the U.N.

Even war has rules.

Is he suggesting the world should have voted differently for the partition of Palestine in 1947? I wll not give a pass to the extremes in Israel but Israelis by and large just want to live in peace, as we alll do. Many of the people Hamas killed at the festival were beatniks high or drunk, not wanting to hurt a fly. Furthermore, they may have conveniently overlooked that before that vote in 1947 Palestine leaders were helping the Nazis and asssiting in their "Final Solution". Go back much further as Islams hatred for Jews goes hundreds of years and the Jews were always subservient and often forced to convert or die. Some presented a period if "happiness" for Jews, that is when compared to the Roman treatmenr which was far.worse. However, the Pact of.Umar, 400 hears as slaves.under Abylon? Yeah, those weren't good times.

Last edited:
1698182384788.png

Don't support butchers

A little “lifeless” Palestinian girl is dug out of the rubble of her home after the israelis bombed it to the ground..

When one works to keep people down, bad things happen. No those bad things are often times not justifiable but it's what happens.

Forum List

Back