The Arrogance of the Warmers

So consider the repercussions if you're wrong vs. the repercussions if the rest of the world is wrong.

Consider the repurcussions of what will occur if the IPCC gets to piss away 76 trillion dollars to possibly lower the global temperature one degree at the end of 100 years....maybe.

Now imagine what could be accomplished were that 76 trillion actually invested in something real. Something tangible, something that doesn't rely on a "maybe".

It's not a 'maybe,' it's a near-certainty. That's what you guys don't get, you think there's some sort of debate going on within the scientific community, and there really isn't. There's about as much debate as there is over the authenticity of the moon landing.

But let's say it was 'just a maybe.' Say a 50% chance.

If the rest of the world is wrong, we risk wasting money to try to fix a problem that isn't really there (not sure where you get the $76 trillion number). Of course that money isn't really 'wasted,' it's just furloughed and re-circulated throughout the world economy, but nonetheless spent in a way less efficient then you prefer.

If however American Republicans are wrong, what could we be facing then? Desertification, food shortages, displacement, inevitable wars that go along with that; disruption to oceanic eco-systems, potentially rising ocean levels, loss of land mass, displacement and the inevitable wars that go along with that...

No, silly person, the only thing is certain is that it would be a tremendous waste of money. THAT is certain. 76 trillion for possibly lowering the global temps by a degree is insane. You experience degree swings of greater then 20 degrees on a daily basis. How on earth can you think that a single degree is significant? Do you even have a brain?

Shutup tool. It wasn't done in a dishonest way.

Any editing of someone else's words is inherently dishonest. It is surprising that there would be people intelligent enough to access a computer who don't grasp such a basic concept.

Please... Spare me.

It was done completely transparantly. Fitz doesn't think he was misrepresented, unless he's 'not intelligent enough to grasp such a basic concept.'

He just wants to exercise authority. Since he has none, I will change it only when a mod says to. As there was no intent to misrepresent, I feel it's within TOS.

If you're too dumb to recognize it was strictly tongue-in-cheek, that is your problem, not mine.

No, it's not dick head. The rules are the rules for a reason. Why is it you libs think you're above the law all the time? What is it that makes you think the sun shines out your ass?

I am really curious.

Ah Fritzy, unable to present any evidence for your position, simply resorting to flap yap.

All the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities have policy statements that state that AGW is real and a danger to our society.

But, of course, Knownothings like Fritzy have drugged out radio jocks, with barely a high school education, and undegreed ex-TV weathermen bloggers to depend on for their science.

No, just exposing you for the arrogant law breaking elitist pricks you are:lol:

We learned this past week that one of the most solid, bedrock constants in the most solid and bedrock of sciences, a science where every hypothesis is subjected to years of rigorous laboratory testing might not be as constant as believed.

The speed of light, c, might not be the upper limit for travel in the physical world, but the idea that mankind's almost imperceptible change in Earth atmosphere is causing "Global Warming" is "Settled science"?

Do you see why I laugh at the Warmers? Where do you find such arrogance and ignorance?

I don't laugh, I listen and I cringe sometimes more than not. There are sometimes things revealed about the deeper sciences within what is dubbed as hype. We are not yet in a position as a nation to be rebellious enough to completely discredit global warming theories. We are not independent of the powers that be that require us to support keeping the global mean temp down and the fossil fuels sacred.

The powers that be? The UN? The only power the UN has is what we give it. Their troops are mostly ours, their weapons we supply most of, their offices are here. They are only as powerful and mighty as we allow them to be. This is politics hijacking science and it will not hold up if the people do not support it. That would be me, you and the rest of us all. Politicians are there by election, the UN appointees are there by appointment from those elected politicians. As those politicians go so go their appointees.

The fact is opinions and policies are changing globally and by the day on this and they will continue to do so as more people begin to ask questions rather than blindly follow. As the people in each government wise up, the politicians and their policies will be forced to change as well. The UN in theory should represent the consensus view of the world, if they do not subject themselves to that condition they are NOT a justified entity.

While the UN may represent a substantial filter, no, I was not referring to the UN directly.

:lol:

You got nothin!

Get over being all butthurt over the plain-daylight 'quote altering' and answer my question!

How deep does the conspiracy go Fitz? How deep!? :lol:
Time to make this entertaining for me again..

Shall I gather then that you've no intention of answering?

Why bother. You have proven yourself to be a prevaricator and an example of the typical hypocritical silly person you claim everyone else is. You are a troll, have allways been a troll, and will allways be a troll. Now kindly climb back under your bridge with georgephillip.

Time to make this entertaining for me again..

Why bother. You have proven yourself to be a prevaricator and an example of the typical hypocritical silly person you claim everyone else is. You are a troll, have allways been a troll, and will allways be a troll. Now kindly climb back under your bridge with georgephillip.

Awwww gosh Walleyes, you're gonna hurt my feelings. You want that on your conscience? :(

I guess you haven't the balls to answer the question either, eh?

Consider the repurcussions of what will occur if the IPCC gets to piss away 76 trillion dollars to possibly lower the global temperature one degree at the end of 100 years....maybe.

Now imagine what could be accomplished were that 76 trillion actually invested in something real. Something tangible, something that doesn't rely on a "maybe".

It's not a 'maybe,' it's a near-certainty. That's what you guys don't get, you think there's some sort of debate going on within the scientific community, and there really isn't. There's about as much debate as there is over the authenticity of the moon landing.

If the rest of the world is wrong, we risk wasting money to try to fix a problem that isn't really there (not sure where you get the $76 trillion number). Of course that money isn't really 'wasted,' it's just furloughed and re-circulated throughout the world economy, but nonetheless spent in a way less efficient then you prefer.

If however American Republicans are wrong, what could we be facing then? Desertification, food shortages, displacement, inevitable wars that go along with that; disruption to oceanic eco-systems, potentially rising ocean levels, loss of land mass, displacement and the inevitable wars that go along with that...

No, silly person, the only thing is certain is that it would be a tremendous waste of money. THAT is certain. 76 trillion for possibly lowering the global temps by a degree is insane. You experience degree swings of greater then 20 degrees on a daily basis. How on earth can you think that a single degree is significant? Do you even have a brain?

Well, you're now admitting that cutting back on the co2 would reduce global temperatures a full degree. That means it does warm the planet! 20 degree's within one area from min to max is purely short term that has little to do with climate.

Climate is a avg of many highs and lows that make up a + or - anomaly. The global anomaly is that on a global scale. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
So consider the repercussions if you're wrong vs. the repercussions if the rest of the world is wrong.

If this is such a certain science, there must must be some predictablity associated with it.

Can you produce a repeatedly accurate set of predictions from these, um, scientists?

Also, can you produce a firm statement from any of the experts that says that the cause of global warming is 100% anthropogenic and EXACTLY what the exact effect will be and when it will occur if we reduce the amount of CO2 by specified amounts?

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! This is pretty much the state of the "science" as it's been expressed on this board. It would be nice to read something that is concrete, verifiable and provable.

American Republicans, the scientists of CERN, those who collect data for NOAA, HADcrut, RSS and UAH and just about anyone else who demands to see actual proof and not just a re-run of the "The Blob".

Not the remake. The one with Steve McQueen.

If the trend over the last 8 years is cooling, what does this tell us about CO2? Is it out of work, too? How in the world can we depend on anything if CO2 has stopped working?

I think that the scientists at MIT have a far better grip on what is occuring concerning the increasing temperatures than the knownothing 'Consevatives' on this board.

M.I.T. joins climate realists, doubles its projection of global warming by 2100 to 5.1°C | ThinkProgress

The Massachusetts Institute of Technology Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Climate Change has joined the climate realists. The realists are the growing group of scientists who understand that the business as usual emissions path leads to unmitigated catastrophe (see, for instance, “Hadley Center: “Catastrophic” 5-7°C warming by 2100 on current emissions path” and below).

The Program issued a remarkable, though little-remarked-on, report in January, “Probabilistic Forecast for 21st Century Climate Based on Uncertainties in Emissions (without Policy) and Climate Parameters,” by over a dozen leading experts. They reanalyzed their model’s 2003 projections model using the latest data, and concluded:

The MIT Integrated Global System Model is used to make probabilistic projections of climate change from 1861 to 2100. Since the model’s first projections were published in 2003 substantial improvements have been made to the model and improved estimates of the probability distributions of uncertain input parameters have become available. The new projections are considerably warmer than the 2003 projections, e.g., the median surface warming in 2091 to 2100 is 5.1°C compared to 2.4°C in the earlier study.

M.I.T. produces a new and different prediction of the warming climate EVERY YEAR.

This reveals two things:

1. They are saying that their previous predictions were wrong.
2. They're most reliable prediction is that this prediction, by their own review next year, will be shown to be wrong soon.

If their understanding of the climate system was good, their methodology reliable and the science sound, the prediction would not change on an annual basis.

Their understanding is wanting, their methodology is suspect and the science is incapable of producing a reliable prediction.

Well, you're now admitting that cutting back on the co2 would reduce global temperatures a full degree. That means it does warm the planet! 20 degree's within one area from min to max is purely short term that has little to do with climate.

The claim is that it would reduce warming by 1 degree. Not a shred of evidence exists to prove that claim.

Oops. I used the wrong term. I meant MYTH, not religion.

Why is it a 'myth' that the whole world believes, except for a portion of a single political party; Which also happens to be the political party that most advocates for carbon-producing industries? :eusa_eh:

Tell us, how deep does the conspiracy go?

Apparently deeper than you think.

Despite the continuous repetition of the same unfounded and unprovable opinions, the American public has decided that the snake oil just isn't worth the price they are asked to pay for it.

The New york Times ran a poll that just couldn't force the outcome they needed and then ran the results in the fashion that condemns the American Public as idiots ignoring the intelligent leaders of science.

We ain't all scientists, but we shore kin tell a pile o' BS from a Birthday Cake.

Americans Still Split on Global Warming, Poll Shows - NYTimes.com

Awwww gosh Walleyes, you're gonna hurt my feelings. You want that on your conscience? :(

I guess you haven't the balls to answer the question either, eh?

I don't feed trolls. You have proven yourself a troll ergo I don't waste my time with you....troll.

Climate is a avg of many highs and lows that make up a + or - anomaly. The global anomaly is that on a global scale. :lol::lol::lol:

No, they claim that MAYBE it will drop by a degree.:lol::lol::lol:

American Republicans, the scientists of CERN, those who collect data for NOAA, HADcrut, RSS and UAH and just about anyone else who demands to see actual proof and not just a re-run of the "The Blob".

Not the remake. The one with Steve McQueen.

If the trend over the last 8 years is cooling, what does this tell us about CO2? Is it out of work, too? How in the world can we depend on anything if CO2 has stopped working?

You'll have to link or otherwise direct me to all the data you're referring to.

-Googled 'cooling trend' and the only thing that came up climate change-related was Alex Jones' website.

-Looked up some of your acronyms and as yet found nothing which indicates any of them are climate change denial advocates. In fact it appears NOAA is not even climate related, and not sure what you're referring to with UAH.

I'll always look at anything you've got to offer. But so far nobody's offered anything except "U R A STOOOPID LIBTURD ITS A CONSPIRACY WWWOOOWOOOWOOO!"

You'll have to link or otherwise direct me to all the data you're referring to.

-Googled 'cooling trend' and the only thing that came up climate change-related was Alex Jones' website.

hadcrutglobalmean2002-2011.png

Ah Fritzy, unable to present any evidence for your position, simply resorting to flap yap.

All the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities have policy statements that state that AGW is real and a danger to our society.

But, of course, Knownothings like Fritzy have drugged out radio jocks, with barely a high school education, and undegreed ex-TV weathermen bloggers to depend on for their science.

No, just exposing you for the arrogant law breaking elitist pricks you are:lol:
I knew someone else would figure it out.

An anomaly is something out of a norm.

Anomaly | Define Anomaly at Dictionary.com

a·nom·a·ly

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

2. someone or something anomalous: With his quiet nature, he was an anomaly in his exuberant family.

3. an odd, peculiar, or strange condition, situation, quality, etc.

4. an incongruity or inconsistency.

5. Astronomy . a quantity measured in degrees, defining the position of an orbiting body with respect to the point at which it is nearest to or farthest from its primary.

6. Meteorology . the amount of deviation of a meteorological quantity from the accepted normal value of that quantity.

7. Grammar . irregularity.

A Series of highs and lows make a deviation. An average would be somewhere in the middle of the deviations.

An anomaly is something out of the ordinary, as in anomalous readings and so on. Matt you really shouldn't laugh at someone else when you are this wrong about what you are making fun of..

I pointed out before why they (the IPCC, NOAA, etc.) continually post charts for anomalies and try and pass them off as something relevant to over all climate. Its a scam and advanced hucksterism. Anomalies charts are simply that, anomalous readings that defy the norm or average for a given time and place. The NOAA particularly loves to post these charts, and they do so to keep the actual warming or cooling vague and frighten people into a false assumption. Also its hard to prove assumptions made from anomalies wrong or right for that matter. They do not represent an average either long or short term but rather odd readings that do not follow an expected course or outcome.

An anomaly is something out of a norm.

Anomaly | Define Anomaly at Dictionary.com

a·nom·a·ly

1. a deviation from the common rule, type, arrangement, or form.

2. someone or something anomalous: With his quiet nature, he was an anomaly in his exuberant family.

3. an odd, peculiar, or strange condition, situation, quality, etc.

4. an incongruity or inconsistency.

5. Astronomy . a quantity measured in degrees, defining the position of an orbiting body with respect to the point at which it is nearest to or farthest from its primary.

6. Meteorology . the amount of deviation of a meteorological quantity from the accepted normal value of that quantity.

7. Grammar . irregularity.

A Series of highs and lows make a deviation. An average would be somewhere in the middle of the deviations.

An anomaly is something out of the ordinary, as in anomalous readings and so on. Matt you really shouldn't laugh at someone else when you are this wrong about what you are making fun of..

I pointed out before why they (the IPCC, NOAA, etc.) continually post charts for anomalies and try and pass them off as something relevant to over all climate. Its a scam and advanced hucksterism. Anomalies charts are simply that, anomalous readings that defy the norm or average for a given time and place. The NOAA particularly loves to post these charts, and they do so to keep the actual warming or cooling vague and frighten people into a false assumption. Also its hard to prove assumptions made from anomalies wrong or right for that matter. They do not represent an average either long or short term but rather odd readings that do not follow an expected course or outcome.

Asshole that is what I said. A anonamly is outside the norm +-. Don't you fucking know how to fucking read a post? Dumb fucker! Believe me, I know what a fucking anomaly is as I been watching them for 15 years of my life along with every tropical cyclone and tornadoe event...I think I'm going back to the weather boards as this place sucks horses dick.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back