The Arrogance of the Warmers

Who here thinks that it would be a good thing if it warmed 5c in 89 years in the earth's mean temperature.

I do for one. Historically speaking all life has done much better when it has been warmer. RWP, MWP, Holocene Thermal Maximum, PETM, whenever you look at either the historical, paleo or fossil record whenever it has been warmer it has been MUCH better for almost all life on Earth.

five degrees is a lot. there would be numerous areas that would need to be adapted to but in the long run a 5 degree increase could quite possibly be a boon to mankind. who knows?

Who here thinks that it would be a good thing if it warmed 5c in 89 years in the earth's mean temperature.

When was the last time it was that warm?

Why was it that warm?

What caused it to cool after it became that warm?

Questions like the one above imply that this is a sure thing when it's not. Imply that it's never happened before and it has. Imply that it will only continue to warm although it never has. Preceeding and following every warming has been a cooling. Every time. No exceptions. No deviation from pattern.

One might suppose based on the global history that there is a self regulator in the eco system that controls climate that has absolutely nothing to do with mankind.

Another might suppose that 200 years of mankind burning oil will overcome 4 and a half billion years of planetary development.

Last edited:

Looking back over paleohistory, life exploded during warm periods; not during cool periods as we are presently experiencing. Warm favors life, not cool.

Ah, the Western Fuels Association propaganda.

So now truth is propaganda? Interesting. What is your counter thesis to this? That Ice Ages are good for life? I grew up in Northern Minnesota. I have moved south to tell you, cold is not good for life.

Last edited:
Looking back over paleohistory, life exploded during warm periods; not during cool periods as we are presently experiencing. Warm favors life, not cool.

So now truth is propaganda? Interesting. What is your counter thesis to this? That Ice Ages are good for life? I grew up in Northern Minnesota. I have moved south to tell you, cold is not good for life.

Greening Earth Society has been called a "front group created by the coal industry" and an "industry front". Fred Palmer, a Society staffer, is a registered lobbyist for Peabody Energy, a coal company.

Greening Earth Society 333 John Carlyle Street, Suite 530 Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 703-684-4748
Fax: 703-684-6297

A project of the Western Fuels Association founded to promote the idea that global warming is beneficial to the planet.

A 1988 report by the Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research showed how "Greening Earth Society and Western Fuels are essentially the same organization." Both are located at the same office suite in Arlington, VA. They share the same leader, Fred Palmer, several WFA board members serve as the board for GES, and they have the same "manager of communications and governmental affairs," Ned Leonard. Leonard and Palmer are both registered lobbyists for Western Fuels Association. (clearproject.org - clear project Resources and Information. This website is for sale!) GES regularly publishes articles by prominant global warming skeptics.

Greening Earth Society has been called a "front group created by the coal industry" and an "industry front". Fred Palmer, a Society staffer, is a registered lobbyist for Peabody Energy, a coal company.

A project of the Western Fuels Association founded to promote the idea that global warming is beneficial to the planet.

A 1988 report by the Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research showed how "Greening Earth Society and Western Fuels are essentially the same organization." Both are located at the same office suite in Arlington, VA. They share the same leader, Fred Palmer, several WFA board members serve as the board for GES, and they have the same "manager of communications and governmental affairs," Ned Leonard. Leonard and Palmer are both registered lobbyists for Western Fuels Association. (clearproject.org - clear project Resources and Information. This website is for sale!) GES regularly publishes articles by prominant global warming skeptics.

I tell you what. Don't read anything from anybody on either side of the issue. Instead just read some ancient history and see what you find.

When was the last time it was that warm?
About 15-20 million years ago.
Why was it that warm?
Hansen and crew believe because of the higher co2. :lol: They claim that the planet cool from 100 million years until the current ice age, because of lessing of the percentage of co2 within the Atmosphere. This means when we were around 4-5,000 thousand ppm around 100 million years ago; that was why we were 12-14c warmer then today even through the sun was a younger weaker star...At least believed by james E hansen....> Rock weathering they note absorbed the co2...Most likely the indian sub continent crashing into into the asia.
What caused it to cool after it became that warm?

Questions like the one above imply that this is a sure thing when it's not. Imply that it's never happened before and it has. Imply that it will only continue to warm although it never has. Preceeding and following every warming has been a cooling. Every time. No exceptions. No deviation from pattern.

One might suppose based on the global history that there is a self regulator in the eco system that controls climate that has absolutely nothing to do with mankind.

Another might suppose that 200 years of mankind burning oil will overcome 4 and a half billion years of planetary development.

Over the longer term you're right. I'm not really sure myself what the heck is causing the current warming if it's not co2.:eek: The physics says co2 can't warm the earth, but there is nothing that sticks out and says this is what is causing it.

Last edited:

Why not post a little more from that wikkipedia article you cited... Ah ok I will do it for you then...
"Although the Greening Earth Society was generally skeptical of the impact of climate change, it acknowledged some degree of global warming as real: "Fact #1. The rate of global warming during the past several decades has been about 0.18°C per decade".[9] Note that the actual increase in the global surface temperature during the 100 years ending in 2005 was 0.74 ± 0.18 °C.[10]"

Oh my see that? Amazing how a selective quote from the same source gives a completely different idea of what its about.... Thats PR 101, and its bullshit.. Ya know better bfgrn.. Around here we expect more than a propagandists flair. It has to have a little substance. See the trouble with cherry picking quotes is it can work both ways...

And how about that second link? Care to enlighten us as to who that links to? Of course you don't and I will again have to help you.. No need to thank me just doing what I do best...

We click on the link and BAM! Its says the following...

"clearproject.org
The domain clearproject.org may be for sale by its owner!"

:lol::lol::lol:... So for those who may not see this right away. Bfgrn here just used a dead website to try and counter a dead so-called PR firm...

THis is how we can fight propaganda. They all too often employ lazy, incompetent weasels with no ethics like bfgrn here, to spam web forums or message boards with their nonsense, so all ya gotta do is take the time and check their facts or their sources. They may get lucky and cite a legit one from time to time, but usually they can't be bothered to check things like that, they have a spam quota to make...:lol:

Why not post a little more from that wikkipedia article you cited... Ah ok I will do it for you then...
"Although the Greening Earth Society was generally skeptical of the impact of climate change, it acknowledged some degree of global warming as real: "Fact #1. The rate of global warming during the past several decades has been about 0.18°C per decade".[9] Note that the actual increase in the global surface temperature during the 100 years ending in 2005 was 0.74 ± 0.18 °C.[10]"

Oh my see that? Amazing how a selective quote from the same source gives a completely different idea of what its about.... Thats PR 101, and its bullshit.. Ya know better bfgrn.. Around here we expect more than a propagandists flair. It has to have a little substance. See the trouble with cherry picking quotes is it can work both ways...

And how about that second link? Care to enlighten us as to who that links to? Of course you don't and I will again have to help you.. No need to thank me just doing what I do best...

"clearproject.org

:lol::lol::lol:... So for those who may not see this right away. Bfgrn here just used a dead website to try and counter a dead so-called PR firm...

THis is how we can fight propaganda. They all too often employ lazy, incompetent weasels with no ethics like bfgrn here, to spam web forums or message boards with their nonsense, so all ya gotta do is take the time and check their facts or their sources. They may get lucky and cite a legit one from time to time, but usually they can't be bothered to check things like that, they have a spam quota to make...:lol:

But SOMEHOW the FACT this PR firm is run by polluters who make billions of dollars raping our planet goes unnoticed? Here is what you do, find one denier organization that is NOT funded by the biggest polluters on the planet. How stupid can you people be?

"clearproject.org

But SOMEHOW the FACT this PR firm is run by polluters who make billions of dollars raping our planet goes unnoticed? Here is what you do, find one denier organization that is NOT funded by the biggest polluters on the planet. How stupid can you people be?

So lets get this straight... You want me to go and do research that will prove your propaganda wrong even though your propaganda wasn't linked to anything but a dead website with nothing at all on it but a OOPS page? :lol:

Why? Its not there anyway.. I know... Its wrong! there that did it..:lol:

Dude you are too ignorant to even look before you link to crap, no one needs to do any research to prove you are full of it. All anyone has to do is let you post and you will do it all on your own..:lol:

P.S. What PR firm? They are both gone.. YOur wikki link said its defunct now, and your other link to your PR firm is a dead website with an OOPS page... Damn man you aren't too bright are ya...

Last edited:

"clearproject.org

So lets get this straight... You want me to go and do research that will prove your propaganda wrong even though your propaganda wasn't linked to anything but a dead website with nothing at all on it but a OOPS page? :lol:

Dude you are too ignorant to even look before you link to crap, no one needs to do any research to prove you are full of it. All anyone has to do is let you post and you will do it all on your own..:lol:

P.S. What PR firm? They are both gone.. YOur wikki link said its defunct now, and your other link to your PR firm is a dead website with an OOPS page... Damn man you aren't too bright are ya...

Gone but not forgotten.

subhead_rt.jpg

Non-Profit Organizations Receiving Corporate Funding

GREENING EARTH SOCIETY

The Greening Earth Society was created by the Western Fuels Association and holds that industrial evolution is good, and using fossil fuels to enable economic activity is as desirable. GES promotes the benign effects of carbon dioxide (CO2) on the earth’s biosphere and humankind. The Society provides information about CO2 and fossil fuels to educators, students, business and media representatives, community leaders and policymakers. Information is provided to the public through the biweekly World Climate Report, the annual State of the Climate Report, the video “The Greening of Planet Earth” and “The Greening of Planet Earth Continues” and its website. (http://www.greeningearthsociety.org/ 5/9/01)

In a policy briefing sponsored by the United States Energy Association, Fred Palmer, a coal industry lobbyist and notorious climate change denier, touted the wonders of "green coal" as a "path to zero emissions."

Palmer has a solid history of undermining climate science on behalf of big polluters. He's the head of government affairs at Peabody Energy, the world's largest coal company, and was formerly president of the Western Fuels Association and chairman of legal affairs for the National Mining Association.

At the Western Fuels Association, Palmer headed the Greening Earth Society, which claimed that increased emissions would actually help ecosystems and economies. He even argued in an interview that "every time you turn your car on and you burn fossil fuels and you put CO2 into the air, you’re doing the work of the Lord."

Hey...Maybe you can research if John F. Kennedy was real?

Gone but not forgotten.

subhead_rt.jpg

Non-Profit Organizations Receiving Corporate Funding

GREENING EARTH SOCIETY

The Greening Earth Society was created by the Western Fuels Association and holds that industrial evolution is good, and using fossil fuels to enable economic activity is as desirable. GES promotes the benign effects of carbon dioxide (CO2) on the earth’s biosphere and humankind. The Society provides information about CO2 and fossil fuels to educators, students, business and media representatives, community leaders and policymakers. Information is provided to the public through the biweekly World Climate Report, the annual State of the Climate Report, the video “The Greening of Planet Earth” and “The Greening of Planet Earth Continues” and its website. (http://www.greeningearthsociety.org/ 5/9/01)

In a policy briefing sponsored by the United States Energy Association, Fred Palmer, a coal industry lobbyist and notorious climate change denier, touted the wonders of "green coal" as a "path to zero emissions."

Palmer has a solid history of undermining climate science on behalf of big polluters. He's the head of government affairs at Peabody Energy, the world's largest coal company, and was formerly president of the Western Fuels Association and chairman of legal affairs for the National Mining Association.

At the Western Fuels Association, Palmer headed the Greening Earth Society, which claimed that increased emissions would actually help ecosystems and economies. He even argued in an interview that "every time you turn your car on and you burn fossil fuels and you put CO2 into the air, you’re doing the work of the Lord."

Hey...Maybe you can research if John F. Kennedy was real?

Who said they weren't real at one time? I said they don't exist now... Get that? Now as in present tense... Do they exist now? No...

Now want to try and confront what I actually do imply rather than make up something you can attack? Pretty lame there bfgrn...

I've been listening for your argument that global cooling is good for life. A question in a comment above posed the possibility that it becomes 5 degrees warmer. Let's turn that around.

Do you want a world that is 5 degrees cooler?

greening earth society has been called a "front group created by the coal industry" and an "industry front". Fred palmer, a society staffer, is a registered lobbyist for peabody energy, a coal company.

greening earth society 333 john carlyle street, suite 530 alexandria, va 22314
phone: 703-684-4748
fax: 703-684-6297

a project of the western fuels association founded to promote the idea that global warming is beneficial to the planet.

A 1988 report by the clearinghouse on environmental advocacy and research showed how "greening earth society and western fuels are essentially the same organization." both are located at the same office suite in arlington, va. They share the same leader, fred palmer, several wfa board members serve as the board for ges, and they have the same "manager of communications and governmental affairs," ned leonard. Leonard and palmer are both registered lobbyists for western fuels association. (clearproject.org - clear project resources and information. This website is for sale!) ges regularly publishes articles by prominant global warming skeptics.

why not post a little more from that wikkipedia article you cited... Ah ok i will do it for you then...
"although the greening earth society was generally skeptical of the impact of climate change, it acknowledged some degree of global warming as real: "fact #1. The rate of global warming during the past several decades has been about 0.18°c per decade".[9] note that the actual increase in the global surface temperature during the 100 years ending in 2005 was 0.74 ± 0.18 °c.[10]"

oh my see that? Amazing how a selective quote from the same source gives a completely different idea of what its about.... Thats pr 101, and its bullshit.. Ya know better bfgrn.. Around here we expect more than a propagandists flair. It has to have a little substance. See the trouble with cherry picking quotes is it can work both ways...

And how about that second link? Care to enlighten us as to who that links to? Of course you don't and i will again have to help you.. No need to thank me just doing what i do best...

We click on the link and bam! Its says the following...

"clearproject.org
the domain clearproject.org may be for sale by its owner!"

:lol::lol::lol:... So for those who may not see this right away. Bfgrn here just used a dead website to try and counter a dead so-called pr firm...

This is how we can fight propaganda. They all too often employ lazy, incompetent weasels with no ethics like bfgrn here, to spam web forums or message boards with their nonsense, so all ya gotta do is take the time and check their facts or their sources. They may get lucky and cite a legit one from time to time, but usually they can't be bothered to check things like that, they have a spam quota to make...:lol:

but somehow the fact this pr firm is run by polluters who make billions of dollars raping our planet goes unnoticed? Here is what you do, find one denier organization that is not funded by the biggest polluters on the planet. How stupid can you people be?

cern.

http://www.eutimes.net/2011/09/cern-the-sun-causes-global-warming/

Last edited:
The fastest rate of change for CO2 in the last few millions of years is about 30 ppm in a thousand years. That is when the Milankovic Cycles warm the southern ocean and it emits CO2, starting the interglacial cycles. In just the last 17 years, we have added 30 ppm of CO2 to the atmosphere.

The physics of the situation state that it has to warm unless we get a cooling of the sun. Simple as that. Internal cycles, and adding aerosols to the atmosphere may delay the cooling, and create some cool years, but the oceans and atmosphere will warm as a result of this addition.

The fastest rate of change for CO2 in the last few millions of years is about 30 ppm in a thousand years. That is when the Milankovic Cycles warm the southern ocean and it emits CO2, starting the interglacial cycles. In just the last 17 years, we have added 30 ppm of CO2 to the atmosphere.

The physics of the situation state that it has to warm unless we get a cooling of the sun. Simple as that. Internal cycles, and adding aerosols to the atmosphere may delay the cooling, and create some cool years, but the oceans and atmosphere will warm as a result of this addition.

So if we add 100ppm of CO2 to a flask in a lab we should see what a 2, 3 4 degree increase in temperature?

Socks seriously..... the last million years? You can say that with any real certainty? RIght... ANd I am the pope too... And physics? What you understand of the physics is less than that of your pal kornhole...:lol:

And yet for 10 years, it's been cooling. Has physics been on vacation?

Forum List

Back