The Armed Citizen

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "A 35-year-old woman called 911 after a man followed her home from a gas station and forced his way inside through the front door. The woman allegedly ordered the man to leave then retreated to her bedroom. The intruder picked up a knife from the kitchen table and followed her. It was reported that he threatened the woman with the knife and ordered her to take off her clothes. She warned the man that she would shoot him, but he continued to push her to undress. She retrieved a 9 mm handgun from underneath a pillow on her bed and pointed it at the intruder. When he continued toward her, she pulled the trigger. The suspect was fatally wounded. (Santa Fe New Mexican, Alcalde, NM, 11/8/12)

2. Roger Webster, owner of Webster's Store, and a female customer were standing in front of the store when two men approached and forced them back into the store. Webster and the customer were held at gunpoint and ordered to give up money from the cash register. Webster complied. When the men demanded even more money, Webster motioned as if retrieving more cash, but instead retrieved his handgun from the register and fired several rounds at the armed suspect. Both men fled. Neither Webster nor the customer were harmed. (Dorchester Banner, Cambridge, MD 11/2/12)

3. A 35-year-old woman woke around 3:30 a.m. and checked on her husband, who was up late working on his computer. The couple was startled when their home alarm sounded. The woman's husband checked the surveillance footage on his computer only to discover four masked men working to pry open a window. One of the men carried a rifle. As the woman dialed 911, her husband retrieved his own firearm. The intruders gained entry within minutes. The homeowner crouched behind a sofa and fired. The intruders returned fire before fleeing the home. No one was reportedly injured. (The Times-Picayune, New Orleans, LA, 11/16/12)

4. Douglas Downs, 48, was at home with a friend, 36-year-old Andrew Boyd, shortly after midnight when several armed men broke into his home and tried to rob him. Boyd was forced into the basement before Downs managed to retrieve a handgun from a chair in the living room. Downs fired numerous rounds until the first man dropped his weapon. He then exchanged gunfire with a second intruder. A third intruder appeared and helped his accomplices out of the home to a vehicle where a fourth man waited. Police were later notified that a man with multiple gunshot wounds had been taken to a nearby hospital. All four men were later found, arrested and charged for their involvement in the home invasion. Downs and Boyd were uninjured. (York Daily Record, York, PA, 10/24/12)

5. Cindy Schachter, an employee at Furnari Jewelers, was working when two men entered the store around 4 p.m. Schachter's boss, Anthony Furnari, was sitting at his desk facing the showroom. Something about the men made Schachter uneasy, so she gave her boss a quiet warning right before they pulled clothing over their faces and jumped over the counter. Furnari quickly pulled his .38-cal. handgun from his desk and fired several rounds at one of the suspects as he came toward him. Furnari was severely beaten as both men tried to gain control of his firearm. When Furnari fought back, the men grabbed a display of gold chains and fled. One suspect was later taken into custody after seeking treatment for several bullet wounds. It was last reported that the second suspect was still at large. Furnari suffered a broken nose, a concussion, multiple stitches to the face and hand, and a fractured rip. Schachter was reportedly unharmed. (The Republican, Chicopee, MA, 10/17/12)

6. One man was killed and another was at large Wednesday after a woman put her father's lesson in firearms to use during a burglary in southeast Oak Cliff. "I just hate that she didn't get both of them,' said Charles Brown, the homeowner. Dallas police say Brown's daughter was upstairs about 11:30 a.m. when the two men kicked down the front door of the family's home… The woman, alerted by a home alarm, fired several shots at the men, striking at least one of them as they charged up the stairs. Both men ran out of the front door, where one of them collapsed. The armed intruder was taken to Methodist Dallas Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. (The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX, 10/18/12)"
The Armed Citizen Blog | by: NRA Staff

And....in a related story...

"Gun Control Sanity Check: NY Gov. Cuomo’s Seven-Bullet Limit Will Be Suspended Indefinitely, Lawsuits Filed Challenging “Radically Broadened” & Vague Law"
Gun Control Sanity Check: NY Gov. Cuomo?s Seven-Bullet Limit Will Be Suspended Indefinitely, Lawsuits Filed Challenging ?Radically Broadened? & Vague Law (video) « Frugal Café Blog Zone

Lefties are more interested in stories such as

-Father accidently kills son while cleaning gun
-Child killed after playing with dad's gun
-Gun owner accidently kills teen son/daughter after mistaking him/her for a burglar
-Gun massacre at [insert name of place here] in [insert city and state here], kills [insert number of children and/or adults here]

-Gun owner accidently kills teen son/daughter after mistaking him/her for a burglar
-Gun massacre at [insert name of place here] in [insert city and state here], kills [insert number of children and/or adults here]
Because they recognize that the state cannot have a monopoly on force so long as the citizenry remains armed, and that dead kids are an effective means thru which to reach that goal.

Last edited:

I'm pretty interested in all the many school shooters trying for a high hit count.

Also that guy in Oregon on the news this morning, ran around his trailer park firing wildly at all the houses in his neighborhood.

Alcohol and plural guns were involved.

"Deputies responded about 1:50 p.m. to the RV park at 12622 Silverton Road N.E. after reports of a man armed with a rifle and handgun "randomly shooting throughout the park," according to Sheriff Jason Myers. " Silverton shooting victim 'in good spirits,' RV park manager says | OregonLive.com

It certainly seems that those are the most prominently trumpeted by the dinosaur press.....

I can't wait to see the reaction when they start pushing for LEGAL guns in the inner cities. Or just legal gun ownership for minorities. :)

I'm pretty interested in all the many school shooters trying for a high hit count.

Also that guy in Oregon on the news this morning, ran around his trailer park firing wildly at all the houses in his neighborhood.

Alcohol and plural guns were involved.

"Deputies responded about 1:50 p.m. to the RV park at 12622 Silverton Road N.E. after reports of a man armed with a rifle and handgun "randomly shooting throughout the park," according to Sheriff Jason Myers. " Silverton shooting victim 'in good spirits,' RV park manager says | OregonLive.com

This just released:
Population of U.S....315,566,664
U.S. & World Population Clocks

“The Rwandan Genocide was the 1994 mass murder of an estimated 800,000 people in the small East African nation of Rwanda.” Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. There were no violent video games.

2. There were no Quentin Tarantino films.

3. And…no guns.

4. Machetes….cheap, lethal machetes.

I can't wait to see the reaction when they start pushing for LEGAL guns in the inner cities. Or just legal gun ownership for minorities. :)

Wait just a moment, while I retrieve my Rosetta Stone so that I can translate your post....

I am as pro-gun as anyone and I strongly oppose most gun control laws. But I believe the main requirement for owning a firearm should be brief but intensive training in its proper use and handling. Those who have been trained should prove it by taking a state-imposed test. Those who have no one to train them should have access to training at nominal cost at a state-supported range. I believe this requirement would dramatically reduce gun accidents.

My older brother and I learned about guns at early ages from our father who drummed one thing into our heads, that being it is a gross insult to allow the muzzle of a firearm to point even momentarily at anyone you don't intend to shoot. The reason for this is the tiny demon who lives in the action of all guns and is just waiting to make the gun go off when it's pointed at someone. To this day I am conscious of where the muzzle of any firearm I'm handling is pointing or passing across.

While it sounds foolish, take my word that it works! It's a very good thing to pound into the brain of any kid who is learning about guns -- along with the idea that there is no such thing as an unloaded gun.

He also drilled into our heads that everyone on the road intends to crash into us at the slightest opportunity. They all are looking to hit us. As the result of that, I'm 76. I started driving at age 18 and I've driven quite a lot without ever having an accident. Not the slightest dent!

That's all they're looking for.

Of course you are -- dead kids give you the opportunity to push your mindless, ignorant, bigoted anti-gun agenda.
The more the merrier, eh?

My older brother and I learned about guns at early ages from our father who drummed one thing into our heads, that being it is a gross insult to allow the muzzle of a firearm to point even momentarily at anyone you don't intend to shoot. The reason for this is the tiny demon who lives in the action of all guns and is just waiting to make the gun go off when it's pointed at someone. To this day I am conscious of where the muzzle of any firearm I'm handling is pointing or passing across.

While it sounds foolish, take my word that it works! It's a very good thing to pound into the brain of any kid who is learning about guns -- along with the idea that there is no such thing as an unloaded gun.

He also drilled into our heads that everyone on the road intends to crash into us at the slightest opportunity. They all are looking to hit us. As the result of that, I'm 76. I started driving at age 18 and I've driven quite a lot without ever having an accident. Not the slightest dent!

Well said. These were the rules I was taught, in Tennessee, where they know about shooting:

Don't ever point a gun at anyone unless you mean to shoot it.

Don't shoot the gun unless you mean to kill.

Then make sure you do so.

This may sound violent, but actually it reinforces the seriousness of the gun situation and doesn't allow "threats."

Threats are never a good idea, especially for women.

Do or don't, that's all.

Well said. These were the rules I was taught, in Tennessee, where they know about shooting:

Don't ever point a gun at anyone unless you mean to shoot it.

Don't shoot the gun unless you mean to kill.

Then make sure you do so.

This may sound violent, but actually it reinforces the seriousness of the gun situation and doesn't allow "threats."

Threats are never a good idea, especially for women.

Do or don't, that's all.

You guys forgot one of the most important rules. Know Your Target.....and whats behind it.

Forum List

Back