The Answer to ALL of our ills!?

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Well the guardian is doing a good job of seeing it's message doesn't get out- I can't copy and paste any of the article- so! success!

So, let's attack the messenger(s). Shall we? What fun! What can we the erudite, acolytes, of the different churches come up with?

I had no problem copying and pasting it?

fear I’m in JB MacKinnon’s bad books. Halfway through our Zoom interview, I tilt my camera to adjust to the setting sun – but from this new angle, an e-commerce box can be spotted over my shoulder. Its barcode glows in the fading light, a totem of 21st-century materialism presiding over our call.

MacKinnon is too polite to say anything, but he can’t be thrilled by my cardboard companion. After all, the Canadian bestselling author and journalist is on a mission to get us to buy a lot less stuff. The Day the World Stops Shopping, his new book, explores what might happen if the world transformed into a society that does not revolve around purchasing, one in which our primary role is not as consumers and our credit cards are not our most commonly deployed tools.

His “thought experiment” plays out like a Ridley Scott sci-fi epic – or perhaps a scene from the pandemic. On the hypothetical day the world stops shopping, carbon emissions plummet; the skies turn a deeper blue; and with no ads polluting smartphone screens our minds become as clear as the bottle-free oceans in which whales swim merrily. There’s also chaos. Shops shut, production lines grind to a halt and millions of factory workers lose their jobs. The global economy nosedives so severely it makes the 2008 recession seem like a blip. “It would be a shock so great that it would seem to bend time itself,” MacKinnon writes.

The only thing fantastical about his vision is the timeframe: rather than ceasing all shopping overnight he thinks we should, in reality, restructure society over several years to support a sustained reduction in the amou

Then do it! Good lord!

Calm down. What is your problem? YOU made a comment that they were somehow blocking it....I just tested your words and found it false.

QUOTE Gdjjr....
"Well the guardian is doing a good job of seeing it's message doesn't get out- I can't copy and paste any of the article- so! success!"

What is wrong with people today? They've lost their minds.

Well the guardian is doing a good job of seeing it's message doesn't get out- I can't copy and paste any of the article- so! success!

So, let's attack the messenger(s). Shall we? What fun! What can we the erudite, acolytes, of the different churches come up with?
Back in the 1980s the Guardian was identified by US intelligence as being one of the KGB's disinformation outlets.

• Banned
I just tested your words and found it false.
No, you could copy and paste it- I couldn't, or I would have- don't ptetend you can tell me what I tried and didn't accomplish-

Are you not a people? Have you lost your's, or just people you feel you can intimidate?

No, you could copy and paste it- I couldn't, or I would have- don't ptetend you can tell me what I tried and didn't accomplish-

Are you not a people? Have you lost your's, or just people you feel you can intimidate?
Well ya you watch hoarders or look in people's garage and most people have tons of shit they don't need nor even really want. Certainly part of the problem. Add into it people are buried in their phone and ignoring the person next to them also another big ill. We have Certainly lost site of what is important.

Then do it! Good lord!

Calm down. What is your problem? YOU made a comment that they were somehow blocking it....I just tested your words and found it false.

QUOTE Gdjjr....
"Well the guardian is doing a good job of seeing it's message doesn't get out- I can't copy and paste any of the article- so! success!"

Today? The GOP angry-all-the time phase started in 2008.

Oh, so you're just a fool then.

You said they were .........forget it. You're not worth my time

Forum List

Back