The 2014 Charlton Heston Postal stamp

jon_berzerk

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2013
The USPS has announced that Heston will be honored

with his own stamp this year

CharlestonHeston.png

Charlton Heston, Forever | USPS Stamps

Oh I know...He was a hell of an actor...a bit before my time but I remember seeing a few of his films.

I wish they had one that had him saying from my cold dead hands. :)

There was a lot more to Heston than that.

Doesn't matter.

He showed up less than a week after Columbine to push guns. Same with the NRA pushing guns in Sandy Hook. In both cases, they were making money off the publicity and incredible pain of the survivors of guns.

In that one move, he went from being Moses to being in support of mass killers. Even if he's not perceived that way by some, that IS what he did and he knew it when he did it. Just like with the NRA, he could have been part of the healing but he chose money instead.

No excuse for that.

Doesn't matter.

He showed up less than a week after Columbine to push guns. Same with the NRA pushing guns in Sandy Hook. In both cases, they were making money off the publicity and incredible pain of the survivors of guns.

In that one move, he went from being Moses to being in support of mass killers. Even if he's not perceived that way by some, that IS what he did and he knew it when he did it. Just like with the NRA, he could have been part of the healing but he chose money instead.

No excuse for that.

Who does that remind me of!? Oh that's right! Obama and Pelosi!

Doesn't matter.

No excuse for that.
Having views which contradict yours is not ground for not honoring a man. I am sure it is difficult for you to process.

Doesn't matter.

No excuse for that.

You mean he appeared at a NRA meeting that had been scheduled for over a year prior and while at that NRA meeting he responded to the Left Wing Gun Grabbing Idiots like you who were using the bodies of the Dead Children to push your agenda.

Doesn't matter.

No excuse for that.
You are seriously one stupid ****. Heston didn't 'need any money'. He was a multimillionaire when he was thirty. How about you?
Heston had a life long dedication to the rights guaranteed for everyone in the Constitution. It is ***** like you who claim 'guns' are the problem. It's Black thugs and mentally ill people who are the 'problem'. The Black thug culture is self destructing so their time will end soon. Mentally ill people will commit mass murder by suffocating people with dog shit if they can't steal a gun if that's all that's available.
Grow up!

Doesn't matter.

No excuse for that.

What a load of crap!

Yes, Heston and the NRA showed up in Denver 11 days after the Columbine shooting. Are you aware of what else he did?

The NRA Annual meeting is set up years in advance. And according to the laws governing nonprofits, in order to change the location or venue of the annual meeting, they are required to notify all members at least 10 days in advance. Do you think you could notify 4 million members in 24 hours??

Also, the NRA annual event is usually almost a week of various activities such as sporting events, rallies, awards dinners, vendor displays, workshops and more. All of those events were cancelled. The only thing that was held was the annual member's meeting (required by law).

They expected 22,000 people to attend all those events over the week. Heston cancelled everything he could cancel. But you want to slander him for not cancelling the entire even??

Next time you decide to slander someone, at least have all the facts. Heston was, not only the president of the NRA. He was also a major movie star, and political activist.

But its funny so many idiots forget his highly visible campaigning for the Civil Rights Act, including walking the picket line at segregated theaters showing his own movie.

He was one of the great actors of all time, starring in some of the most enduring roles ever. He was also the president of the NRA for an unprecedented 4 terms. He also served as president of the Screen Actors Guild.

He was a very conscientious man. And yet you choose to either tell outright lies or make grossly misleading statements about him.

Try the facts. They are much better.

Last edited:
Oh I know...He was a hell of an actor...a bit before my time but I remember seeing a few of his films.

Check out.. Touch of Evil.

It's a film by Orson Wells and one of the greats.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8AXd1ayxrg]Touch of Evil - Opening Scene - With Street and Theme Music - YouTube[/ame]

Just an amazing film. Very dark and nuanced.

Doesn't matter.

No excuse for that.

Heston also marched along with civil rights activists.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrkqD7JKDcA]Charlton Heston Speaks Out On Civil Rights - YouTube[/ame]

Like I said..there was more to Heston than guns.

I like Heston, but commemorative stamps are a waste of money. The Postal Service is losing money hand over fist- instead of wasting taxpayer money creating special stamps for dead people, ducks, and railroads -they should devote themselves to fiscal sanity.

You may resume your regularly scheduled ambivalence.......

:lol:

I like Heston, but commemorative stamps are a waste of money. The Postal Service is losing money hand over fist- instead of wasting taxpayer money creating special stamps for dead people, ducks, and railroads -they should devote themselves to fiscal sanity.

You may resume your regularly scheduled ambivalence.......

:lol:

Well no it's not.

And that's for a different thread.

I think a stamp honoring Mr. Heston is more than appropriate.

He was a great man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8AXd1ayxrg]Touch of Evil - Opening Scene - With Street and Theme Music - YouTube[/ame]

Touch of Evil was a great film!

And if you look at some of his best known roles, he was one of the greats. El Cid, The Ten Commandments, Ben-Hur, and even The Planet of the Apes are all among the most popular movies made.

Touch of Evil was a great film!

And if you look at some of his best known roles, he was one of the greats. El Cid, The Ten Commandments, Ben-Hur, and even The Planet of the Apes are all among the most popular movies made.

I think I've seen everything he's been in.

I also loved Omega Man and Soylent Green.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVpN312hYgU]Soylent green trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back