The 2010 GOP Pledge

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
So let me get this straight. The GOP drove the economy into a ditch. They lost an election or two and have been out of power. For those years they have offered nothing but obstruction. Now a few months before an election they want people to believe they offer solutions?

Now that's entertainment!

---

GOP Republican pledge politics: GOP's 'Pledge to America' offers no answers to serious problems - latimes.com

The GOP agenda is a manifesto of bromides to please 'tea party' activists, disingenuous attacks on Democrats and policy prescriptions that are at best impractical and at worst counterproductive.

What is it with modern liberals and their inability to read a calendar? Did they stop teaching that in school at some point?

The GOP agenda is a manifesto of bromides to please 'tea party' activists, disingenuous attacks on Democrats and policy prescriptions that are at best impractical and at worst counterproductive.

While the statement about appeasment is dead on accurate, don't you think the rest of this paragraph is in the least bit hypocritical?

What is it with modern liberals and their inability to read a calendar? Did they stop teaching that in school at some point?

The fear and lies will continue to ratchet up until the November election. Do you not recall when Obama and the Dems were elected in 2008 the crows and cries from the left that the Republicans were dead and would never again have a majority in this Country? Or thatthey won and we should just shut up and live with it?

If the Republicans take the House this November you can bet your bottom dollar all of a sudden "bipartisan" will become a word the dems actually know again.

So let me get this straight. The GOP drove the economy into a ditch. They lost an election or two and have been out of power. For those years they have offered nothing but obstruction. Now a few months before an election they want people to believe they offer solutions?

Now that's entertainment!

---

GOP Republican pledge politics: GOP's 'Pledge to America' offers no answers to serious problems - latimes.com

How about this gem...

So how did we get to the point where one of our two major political parties isn’t even trying to make sense?

The answer isn’t a secret. The late Irving Kristol, one of the intellectual godfathers of modern conservatism, once wrote frankly about why he threw his support behind tax cuts that would worsen the budget deficit: his task, as he saw it, was to create a Republican majority...

These people running the GOP are so disingenuous. And the Tea Party is a bunch of idiots being used.

gawd, I love American politics. :lol: I really, really do. :cool:

While the statement about appeasment is dead on accurate, don't you think the rest of this paragraph is in the least bit hypocritical?

Nope. I like what Krugman wrote.

Forum List

Back