The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Tigers just had an epic collapse.

Nothing is more epic than the Mets of two years ago.

20090610_Mets_Snickers.jpg

TWINS WIN!!

Even though there are a lot of things I won't miss about the Metrohump, the pandamonium that jont turns into when the Twins win the nail-biter isn't one of them. :D
You know, I cannot tell you how exceeding fucking bad taste that avatar is, considering Bin laden killed 3,000 New Yorkers including friends of mine.

Not cool at all.

Too bad TB-------saw it happen to the Twins so long ago I cant even remember what year it was. Lousy feeling. Tigers had a good year !

I'd feel a lot worse if we'd played brilliantly down the stretch. As it is, I can't help thinking that the Twins deserve it more than us.

At least last night's game was a good one.

I think I know how the Tigers feel right now. I felt it twice as a Giants fan. When we lost to the Cubs in a one game playoff and when we lost out on the playoffs by one game in 93 after we won 103 games. That was the last year before the wild card was implemented.

I am sooooo glad no one has to face Giants pitching. OK, Dodgers will thump the Cards, the Phillies will annihilate the Rockies, and then the Phillies will once again stake my beloved bums on an anthill and walk away with the pennant.

I am sooooo glad no one has to face Giants pitching. OK, Dodgers will thump the Cards, the Phillies will annihilate the Rockies, and then the Phillies will once again stake my beloved bums on an anthill and walk away with the pennant.

The Cards will take care of the Dogs in the first round in 5. Because Carpenter is going to pitch again and so will Wainright.

I'll tell you though, that finish last night in the Phils game was awesome.

I was coming back from vacay, and still driving during most of the game. Couldn't get much radio quality, so I had to settle for an occasional cell phone update. Anyway, I get home around the 8th inning and quickly turn on the TV to see us down 4-2 after we had just given up the lead with a 3 run inning.

I figured with Street coming in to close, and Cairo pinching to lead off the 9th, we'd have to settle for game 5. :lol: even after finally winning the big one last year, I still have the Philly pessimism.

I would have been ok with a game 5 at home without the weather being near 'absolute zero', and a Cole Hamels looking for redemption...but that finish was so damn great and I'm happy we have a few days to rest our guys, recycle the rotation and get Lee out there for game 1.

I'm also much happier that we're getting LA than St. L. Not only is SL's rotation tougher regardless of their NLDS performance, we already know we can beat LA.

Could be Yanks/Phils.

If nothing else, that would be quite an exciting series with all the likely home runs and all around high scoring that would come with it.

I would like our young rotation over NY's, and Lidge looks like he's got that confidence back. I think Manuel made the right move last night throwing Eyre against the lefties in the 9th, especially since that Gonzalez kid swiped a bag off of Lidge the night before. Lidge doesn't hold runners on very well at all.

But I digress. I'm getting way ahead of myself here, we have to beat LA first.

For the NLCS, I say Phils in 7.

Street gave it away, I knew they should have walked Howard with 2 out, instead he gave em a down and in fastball and adios Colorado.

Street gave it away, I knew they should have walked Howard with 2 out, instead he gave em a down and in fastball and adios Colorado.

Yeah, first base open, and Howard hits righties WAY better than lefties. Plus Werth was on deck, who hits worse off righties.

You could tell as soon as Street let a guy on base, he wasn't comfortable. The night before had him shook up.

It's a conundrum. Do you yank your closer when he looks shaky, only to damage his confidence that much more going forward in the playoffs, or do you leave the game in his hands because he's your guy, and NEEDS to be your guy.

Manuel demoted Lidge a few weeks ago, and I think it was the best thing he could have done. But that wasn't smack dab in the middle of the playoffs, either.

Forum List

Back