The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

And how 'bout them Rockies?!?!?

Going from dead in the water in May to into the playoffs today.

They did the same thing in '07.

They're the comeback kids, right behind us of course.

We're way better than we were in '07, and I think they're not as good as they were in '07. So I expect us to do a lot better than get swept this time.

I'm blowing soooooooo much smoke out my ears right now....

I logged on to buy tickets the moment they were available online, and have been left languishing in the goddamn "virtual waiting room" ever since.

I didn't wait but about 15-20 minutes in '07 to get a look at Rockies tix.

that was one of the best games I have seen in a long time.

Grats to Met fans everywhere...you no longer have the greatest regular season collapse.

Yankees are going to stomp this fucking Twins team.

Grats to Met fans everywhere...you no longer have the greatest regular season collapse.

Agreed---Twins will be slaughtered but they will have some high dollar players to trade away like they always do------great farm team.

Before just latching onto the "Tigers collapse" theme, you might want to pat the Twins on the back. 17 wins out of the last 21 is outstanding by any standards.

no question...Twins deserve much respect for what they have done....it still doesn't excuse the collapse from the Tiger point of view.

no question...Twins deserve much respect for what they have done....it still doesn't excuse the collapse from the Tiger point of view.

When the Twins went 16-4 over their last 20 games, the Tigers went 10-10. .500 is, I would submit, usually good enough to preserve a 5.5 game lead, but when you run into a team that is red hot like the Twins have been, .500 just isn't good enough.

I'm not trying to excuse the Tigers. When all's said and done, they had total control of their destiny and let it slip through their fingers.

I will say that I think Lloyd McClendon needs to be fired as hitting coach. Rick Knapp has done a fantastic job since taking over from Chuck Hernandez as pitching coach. But too many times this year our bats didn't show up, and you can't win games if you don't score runs - no matter how well you pitch.

Too bad TB-------saw it happen to the Twins so long ago I cant even remember what year it was. Lousy feeling. Tigers had a good year !

Forum List

Back