The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Oh, man ...

The Angels are letting all their emotions out right now and it's ugly.

Hunter is ejected. It looks like they threw out Scioscia, too. They might've tossed Speier, I'm not sure.

And now Youk and Drew have gone back to back.

:smoke:

Nice comeback by the Tigs today. A six run eighth giving them a 6-4 win for a 3 game sweep of Texas. Brandon Inge and the bullpen the heroes - whoda thunk it?

Over .500 for the first time this year, and leading the AL Central. Whoo-hoo!

Nice comeback by the Tigs today. A six run eighth giving them a 6-4 win for a 3 game sweep of Texas. Brandon Inge and the bullpen the heroes - whoda thunk it?

Grats to the Tigers. They're a year late but I'm sure Detroit fans aren't complaining now.

The Central is going to be a fun division to watch this season.

Grats to the Tigers. They're a year late but I'm sure Detroit fans aren't complaining now.

Long way to go yet, but it might be a fun season. White Sox up next, which will tell us more about how good we are or aren't.

We couldn't go today (Easter Day lunch with the family) so we gave the tickets to my daughter's best friend and her family. They went but - get this - left at the top of the 8th because the Tigs were down 4-0 and showing no signs of life!!! Oh, how they must be kicking themselves!!! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the Angels game highlights on Sportscenter tonight - WTF happened???

Long way to go yet, but it might be a fun season. White Sox up next, which will tell us more about how good we are or aren't.

We couldn't go today (Easter Day lunch with the family) so we gave the tickets to my daughter's best friend and her family. They went but - get this - left at the top of the 8th because the Tigs were down 4-0 and showing no signs of life!!! Oh, how they must be kicking themselves!!! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the Angels game highlights on Sportscenter tonight - WTF happened???

There was a really late time call with Abreu at the plate, Beckett threw through it and the pitched buzzed Abreu's head.

Hunter, Speier, and Hatcher went completely berserk. I think they had a ton of pent up emotion and it was the little spark they needed to let it fly.

I've been there before, I could tell they were seeing red.

There was a really late time call with Abreu at the plate, Beckett threw through it and the pitched buzzed Abreu's head.

Hunter, Speier, and Hatcher went completely berserk. I think they had a ton of pent up emotion and it was the little spark they needed to let it fly.

I've been there before, I could tell they were seeing red.

Yeah - I saw it. It didn't look like there was anything bubbling under between the teams before that, and there didn't seem to be anything malicious in the pitch - just one that got away.

Think they miss Joe Torre? I think Girardi's days are numbered.
No.

Torre was a horrible field manager, what Giradi did is exactly what Torre often did, over manage.

Torre is a good PR guy, he was ok on teh field when Don Zimmer made the baseball moves, but after Zim was fired you could see Torre was clueless.

Think they miss Joe Torre? I think Girardi's days are numbered.
No.

Torre was a horrible field manager, what Giradi did is exactly what Torre often did, over manage.

Torre is a good PR guy, he was ok on teh field when Don Zimmer made the baseball moves, but after Zim was fired you could see Torre was clueless.

I can't believe they fired Lou Piniella.

Forum List

Back