The 20 Most Difficult Languages in the World to Learn

..., English being one of the easier .....

NO, it is not.
I don't think it's that hard, except for spelling which a lot of native speakers have trouble with as well.

Of course a lot of people might think their own first language is not hard. There are languages with complicated grammar, and languages with complicated spelling/writing.
The point is we don't have a phonetic alphabet. We have one that is designed for Latin.

that is not the point, and is only partially accurate. That is understandable when you only have a partial understanding of the topic.
That is the only problem, the rest are founded on that premise.

Lots of slope languages ARE very hard. .....

Racist douche bags have a hard time learning anything.
That statement makes no sense. My ability to speak a dink language, and my ability to learn other things are not necessarily related.
For instance, I make a pretty kick ass Massaman Curry. I learned it quickly. Yet I couldn't express the process in Thai....or even dothead given the same amount of time.
Use your brain. Gah...

That statement makes no sense. My ability to speak a dink language, and my ability to learn other things are not necessarily related.
For instance, I make a pretty kick ass Massaman Curry. I learned it quickly. Yet I couldn't express the process in Thai....or even dothead given the same amount of time.
Use your brain. Gah...

Thanks for proving my point, delusional dumbass.

Use your brain. Gah...

Thanks for proving my point, delusional dumbass.
Does your love of all things zipperhead give you your anger?

....Tonal languages of all types are very difficult.

All languages you don’t know are “hard.”

“Harder” or “easier” is relative and based on a large number of factors for each individual.
I don't know dude. Chinese is friggin ridiculous.

It’s all relative.
I don't think speaking it is necessarily all that difficult. Writing it takes even Chinese kids 4 years as opposed to other languages where the basics are learned in a year, so...

....Tonal languages of all types are very difficult.

All languages you don’t know are “hard.”

“Harder” or “easier” is relative and based on a large number of factors for each individual.
I don't know dude. Chinese is friggin ridiculous.

It’s all relative.
I don't think speaking it is necessarily all that difficult. Writing it takes even Chinese kids 4 years as opposed to other languages where the basics are learned in a year, so...

This is a good example of second language acquisition being relative, as I’ve said. For native speakers of a non-tonal language like English, speaking (pronouncing) Mandarin can be quite challenging. For a native speaker of Thai, for example, that aspect of acquiring Mandarin would be less problematic, though challenges in other areas would still exist.

This is a good example of second language acquisition being relative, as I’ve said. For native speakers of a non-tonal language like English, speaking (pronouncing) Mandarin can be quite challenging. For a native speaker of Thai, for example, that aspect of acquiring Mandarin would be less problematic, though challenges in other areas would still exist.

Slovak is considered to be among the most challenging of languages out there. My grandfather lived in a very diverse community, but was only able to master a few cuss words from the tongue.

Slovak is considered to be among the most challenging of languages out there. My grandfather lived in a very diverse community, but was only able to master a few cuss words from the tongue.
The point is that there is no "most challenging" language.

Forum List

Back