The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose

[
Actually..... we have used freedom of the press and the right to vote for generations

It is your side that runs for its guns when they don't get their way

What limitations to the freedom of the press are there? Has Trump been jailing reporters the way Obama did? Evidence?

Or is it your contention that showing the press to be a bunch of lying scum somehow infringes on their freedom?
Trump cannot arrest the press

His option is to marginalize the press and getting the public to consider them the enemy

Trumps enemy is not the press it is the truth

Last edited:
[

Of course we know that will never happen

Just as much as we know the first amendment protects our freedom while the second amendment kills 30,000 Americans a year

Lying again in your war on civil liberty, huh?

No surprise for you of the Khmer Rouge.

The majority of the 30,000 are suicide. Suicide occurs with or without guns, they are irrelevant to the equation. Despite your lies.

The 2nd amendment is about everyone's inherent right to self protection. When the cops give up their guns, I'll consider giving up my right to one as well.

And good luck getting it appealed, until then go pound sand.
I agree

Americans should have a right to bear arms for self protection. It should be administered at the state and local level depending on their needs

There is no need to maintain a "Well Regulated Militia" or to arm citizens for a government takeover. So the federal government has no pressing need to ensure firearm rights
The Constitution states otherwise!

It is a quaint old amendment that is no longer needed. About as important as the third amendment
Sorry RW.

I will have to disagree.

Otherwise, you know the process to alter the Constitution.

Just as much as we know the first amendment protects our freedom while the second amendment kills 30,000 Americans a year
The 2nd amendment kills no one.

A firearm is a tool.

A tool that can only become operable by the person who utilizes it.

A car cannot drive itself.

A crane cannot operate itself.

A saw cannot operate itself.

Etc, etc, etc.

[

Lincoln did.

But you lied that freedom of the press had somehow been infringed. Calling the Soros press on their open lies and demagoguery is not an infringement.

His option is to marginalized the press and getting the public to consider them the enemy

Trump has the right to speak, just as you of the Soros army do.

So you acknowledge that you are lying when you claim that freedom of the press has been infringed. :thup:

A free press, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and a right to vote have kept government in check for over 200 years. We have never needed a second amendment to keep the government in check

The second amendment is no longer needed. We have the most powerful military in history. We no longer need "Well Regulated Militias"
Civilians using arms against a tyrannical government may have been an option in 1776 but it is no longer an option today

The right to bear arms should be relegated to individual states as they see fit

The 2nd amendment is about everyone's inherent right to self protection. When the cops give up their guns, I'll consider giving up my right to one as well.

I agree

Americans should have a right to bear arms for self protection. It should be administered at the state and local level depending on their needs

There is no need to maintain a "Well Regulated Militia" or to arm citizens for a government takeover. So the federal government has no pressing need to ensure firearm rights

It is a quaint old amendment that is no longer needed. About as important as the third amendment

No one has tried to house soliders in my apartment. NYC is currently infringing on my Gun Rights. The 2nd is still as valid today as it was 200+ years ago.

I agree

Sorry RW.

I will have to disagree.

And you lie by omission...as a left winger, the facts, truth and reality don't matter....but to normal people they are vital....

How many gun murders were there in 2015.....according to the CDC and the FBI....

Accidental gun deaths....CDC...

Gun murders....FBI

So.....leaving out suicides, which have no bearing on gun deaths since japan, China and many European countries with strict gun control laws have higher suicide rates than we do.....

The total gun death numbers for 2015....

And of those.....70-80% of those murdered with guns...are criminals...murdered by other criminals....

In the 1990s there were 200 million guns in private hands in the United States.....and in 1997 4.7 million Americans carried guns for self defense......in 2016 there were 357-400 million guns in private hands and over 15 million people carried guns for self defense....

during that time our accidental gun death rate went down, not up....

Accidental deaths by gun by year...

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2015...489http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

Our gun murder rate went down....our over all violence rate went down.....

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

A free press, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and a right to vote have kept government in check for over 200 years. We have never needed a second amendment to keep the government in check

The second amendment is no longer needed. We have the most powerful military in history. We no longer need "Well Regulated Militias"
Civilians using arms against a tyrannical government may have been an option in 1776 but it is no longer an option today

I agree

No one has tried to house soliders in my apartment. NYC is currently infringing on my Gun Rights. The 2nd is still as valid today as it was 200+ years ago.

The left is simply at war to end civil rights.

I agree

Sorry RW.

I will have to disagree.

The 2nd amendment kills no one.

A firearm is a tool.

A tool that can only become operable by the person who utilizes it.

A car cannot drive itself.

A crane cannot operate itself.

A saw cannot operate itself.

Etc, etc, etc.
A gun is a tool of last resort. It has a purpose but too many people who lack the skills to utilize freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, tolerance of others turn to guns when not necessary.
Those who rely too heavily on guns do not try and use other tools to solve conflict.

I agree

The left is simply at war to end civil rights.
Left end civil rights, please explain

[

The majority of the 30,000 are suicide. Suicide occurs with or without guns, they are irrelevant to the equation. Despite your lies.
Two out of three suicides are by gun

Suicide by overdosing on pills and you have an hour to change your mind
Suicide by gun and you have a split second

I agree

Stop being so cheap and buy your freakn gun

The Left has a MAJOR problem! Before Iraq and Afghanistan they had a huge number of guns in American civilian hands. Now they have a huge number of guns in TRAINED former military hands plus millions of civilians hands and that is a HUGE problem for them! Will active duty soldiers fire on American Citizens if they actively resist a U.S. Government if they try to implement a Martial Law that the majority of the American people see as NOT Lawful or Legitimate? There are now millions of former military personnel that are trained in "guerrilla warfare" all across the United States and that scares the "Big Government" you all should submit types to their panties. Not since just after the end of the Vietnam War have there been so many trained former combat soldiers available to resist an illegitimate attempt to seize control of the U.S. Government. They are not keen to being disarmed or labeled right wing terrorists either. All the Progressives well laid plans are going up in smoke and they are becoming desperate. What are they to do? Trump is in the White House. They have lost National the House, the Senate, almost all the State Governor-ships, and the State Legislatures. This calls for desperate actions.

[

Lincoln did.

But you lied that freedom of the press had somehow been infringed. Calling the Soros press on their open lies and demagoguery is not an infringement.

His option is to marginalized the press and getting the public to consider them the enemy

Trump has the right to speak, just as you of the Soros army do.

So you acknowledge that you are lying when you claim that freedom of the press has been infringed. :thup:
Look up marginalized vs infringed

[

no only about half of all suicides are committed with a gun

you will never be able to stop someone who wants to kill themselves because obviously there are too may ways to count

besides what right do you have to tell a person they cannot choose to commit suicide?

[

So?

Ditto slitting your wrist (most common method with women) and hanging (second most common with men)

People who want to kill themselves, do.

China and Japan both have higher per capita suicide rates with full outlawing of guns.

Look, you want to end civil rights, but your bullshit has been debunked so many times that you just look like a fool.

The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose: protections against a tyrannical government.
Donald Trump is trying to take away the 1st amendment.
Most Trump supporters are sticklers on the 2nd amendment.
If you are a true believer in the constitution you should protect the 1st amendment as much as the 2nd amendment.

In today's world the 1st amendment is a realistic tool against a tyrannical government.
I do not feel owning all the guns in the world will protect you from an oppressive government today. Our government has many more weapons than guns.
To much unnecessary baggage to unload and to many contradictions tripping up each word of that post to even try and fix what's wrong with it.

[

Look up marginalized vs infringed

Herpaderp derpity derp is really the best you can do?

There is no infringement on the freedom of the press. In fact the problem you Stalinists have is that the press is TOO FREE, and the ones not marching in lockstep with your Fuhrer George Soros keep exposing the propaganda corps of the MSM as the lying fucks that they are.

[

you will never be able to stop someone who wants to kill themselves because obviously there are too may ways to count

besides what right do you have to tell a person they cannot choose to commit suicide?
You can start by keeping guns away from someone who is suicidal

[

You can start by keeping guns away from someone who is suicidal

and how does a gun seller know who is suicidal or not?

for that matter how do you know if someone is suicidal or not

and what gives you the right to tell anyone they can't choose to end their own life?

Forum List

Back