The 1966 Mattel M-16 Marauder - "High Capacity" Semi-Auto/Three-Round Burst Rifle Toy

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Was on eBay last night, and for some reason it showed me this metal sign from 1967 advertising the child's toy which caught my eye since it is so "wow" by today's standards...

1695770518680.png

The toy gun doesn't even shoot anything; it just makes noise.

The toy goes for hundreds on ebay...

1695770646713.png

My how the world has changed.

Some people find toys like this, and certainly the ad, to be inappropriate these days.

Seems that toys like this resulted in playing - social interaction - with other people. Along with that comes concern for other people, something you don't really get on-line - quite the opposite.

Playing with such toys is probably healthy for kids overall, not something that is likely to increase real violence.

I guess the toy companies try to get around the stigma of real-looking guns and instead sell more colorful pretend instruments of mass destruction...

1695771314404.png

Was on eBay last night, and for some reason it showed me this metal sign from 1967 advertising the child's toy which caught my eye since it is so "wow" by today's standards...

View attachment 834583

The toy gun doesn't even shoot anything; it just makes noise.

The toy goes for hundreds on ebay...

View attachment 834585

My how the world has changed.

Some people find toys like this, and certainly the ad, to be inappropriate these days.

Seems that toys like this resulted in playing - social interaction - with other people. Along with that comes concern for other people, something you don't really get on-line - quite the opposite.

Playing with such toys is probably healthy for kids overall, not something that is likely to increase real violence.

I guess the toy companies try to get around the stigma of real-looking guns and instead sell more colorful pretend instruments of mass destruction...

View attachment 834588
with 3-d printing the way it is why couldnt a guy reverse engineer one of these and sell them direct on the internet or at swap meets???

would love to watch the libs blow a gasket,,

There was a Cousin to the “ M16 Marauder “ that you bolted on your Sting Ray Bicycle that made Motorbike revving sounds , it looked like a small black Plastic Rotary engine contraption .

Ebay is very particular about firearms, even toy firearms. They would probably sell the sign but not the gun.
The screenshots in the OP were active eBay auctions. Toy guns are fine for sale on eBay.

Even some firearm parts are allowed...

Regards,
Jim

Forum List

Back