That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

You may have a point on that one, but the jury is still out. We're hoping for the best. :tongue: And it's only four games.

That's only 25% of the season.

Teams have gotten into the playoffs with only winning 75% of their season, so I don't see that as an issue, and I certainly don't see them losing all four games either.

The way I see it, they will probably go 1-3 with Dixon.

When Ben returns, they will go 2-2.

Then after his career ending knee injury, they will go 3-5 the rest of the way.

That's a 6-10 record...AT BEST.

That won't get you into the playoffs.

That's only 25% of the season.

Teams have gotten into the playoffs with only winning 75% of their season, so I don't see that as an issue, and I certainly don't see them losing all four games either.

Those are pretty sweet dreams, too bad you're going to wake up to a nightmare. :lol:

As long as no one says that he can't based on the reasoning of others not agreeing with him, or saying it's 'hate', etc... There should be no reason to infringe on free speech rights, or you may be next.

This is why I'm arguing with you.

If millions of Americans tell him that he should not do this, they are not infringing on his free speech rights. They are only using their own rights to free speech in saying that he is wrong and that he should not do this.

It's a little counter intuitive to some that one could be strongly opposed to his actions, but advocate that he has the right to perform that action.

This is really the same thing as the Westboro people. I support their right, but adamently oppose their message and their methods.

Those are pretty sweet dreams, too bad you're going to wake up to a nightmare. :lol:
Nope.

The Pixburgh Steelerhs are going down!

As long as no one says that he can't based on the reasoning of others not agreeing with him, or saying it's 'hate', etc... There should be no reason to infringe on free speech rights, or you may be next.

If millions of Americans tell him that he should not do this, they are not infringing on his free speech rights. They are only using their own rights to free speech in saying that he is wrong and that he should not do this.

It's a little counter intuitive to some that one could be strongly opposed to his actions, but advocate that he has the right to perform that action.

This is really the same thing as the Westboro people. I support their right, but adamently oppose their message and their methods.

Yeah, except that I wasn't saying that anyone else didn't have a right to voice their opinion either. But, some in here are just as full of hate as he is, in my 'opinion'. How is hoping for a church to burn down any better than them burning a Quran? Pot meet kettle.

Yeah, except that I wasn't saying that anyone else didn't have a right to voice their opinion either. But, some in here are just as full of hate as he is, in my 'opinion'. How is hoping for a church to burn down any better than them burning a Quran? Pot meet kettle.

as to the part in bold... it's not...

next

I did say that I hoped the church would burn down...but you know me. I kid.

Breaking News:

-Sept. 12 2010

(AP) Rev. Terry Jones rushed to hospital with third degree burns after he apparently tripped and fell into bonfire.......

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.”
Stephen R. Covey

Do you think freedom of religion is important in this country?

Do you realize that freedom of Religion is rooted in Christianity??? Want to try building a Church in a Sharia Compliant Country?????

Simply not true.

It is rooted in the Enlightenment.

Like there has been a single example since the foundation of society. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Quest for, the path to, may be our hope, I'll grant you that. The reality is more "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight". ;)

Last edited:
Or 99.999% of Christians.

He is someone that has distorted views of what it is to be a Christian, and doesn't hold OUR viewpoints. He is the same as Fred Phelps, with an agenda of hate to spread.

And if ANY soldiers or innocent people are killed because of what he wants to do, the blood is on HIS HANDS, and anyone else that participates in this sideshow of burning the Koran.

This is my opinion. -EZ

I would hope that he doesnt speak for you.

However, i have to disagree. There will be blood on our hands if we don't exercise our rights to speak out and stop him. That's why I am encouraging people to email him in the Spirit of love, kindness and reconciliation. It's the only way to defeat hate.

He is someone that has distorted views of what it is to be a Christian, and doesn't hold OUR viewpoints. He is the same as Fred Phelps, with an agenda of hate to spread.

And if ANY soldiers or innocent people are killed because of what he wants to do, the blood is on HIS HANDS, and anyone else that participates in this sideshow of burning the Koran.

This is my opinion. -EZ

I would hope that he doesnt speak for you.

However, i have to disagree. There will be blood on our hands if we don't exercise our rights to speak out and stop him. That's why I am encouraging people to email him in the Spirit of love, kindness and reconciliation. It's the only way to defeat hate.

Yes, that is a great idea. I'm sure he is the kind of pastor that would listen to our pleas of tolerance for those not like us, right?

Or, he's enjoying the sideshow he's created, and all the media attention, and he's no better than Fred Phelps.

The news just did a story on him, 25% of Americans think he should burn the Koran, 71% think he shouldn't because of more danger for our soldiers, 4% can't decide.

I'm thinking ANYTHING that even puts one soldier's life (or any innocent person) in danger anymore than it already is, is one too many.

Vatican Condemns Quran-Burning

A U.S. church's plan to burn a copy of the Quran on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks has drawn global condemnation. The Vatican has denounced the plan as "outrageous and grave."

The Vatican office responsible for relations with Islam issued a stern statement saying every religion has the right to respect and protect its sacred books, places of worship and symbols.

While deploring the September 11 terror attacks, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue said they "cannot be counteracted by an outrageous and grave gesture against a book considered sacred by a religious community."

Pastor Terry Jones of a small church in Gainesville, Florida, has said he will go ahead with plans to burn copies of Islam's holy book this weekend, despite opposition.

Pastor Jones said he is determined to go ahead because this is a very important message to radical Islam, whom he considers "the enemy." He said it has a growing influence around the world and cannot do (in the U.S.) what it appears to be doing in Europe.

"They appear to begin, as they grow in numbers, to push their agenda, to push real law," said Jones. "What we are saying to them is that if they are in America they need to respect, honor and obey our constitution and not slowly try to push their agenda upon us."

Pastor Jones said he has received more than 100 death threats and has started wearing a 40-caliber pistol strapped to his hip since announcing his plan to burn the book Muslims consider the word of God. The 58-year-old minister proclaimed in July that he would stage "International Burn-a-Quran Day."

The planned Quran-burning by the small Florida church sparked protests this week by several-hundred Afghans in Kabul. They chanted "Death to America."

The head of the United Nations Mission in Afghanistan, Staffan de Mistura, expressed concern and outrage "in the strongest possible terms." He said, "If such an abhorrent act were to be implemented, it would only contribute to fueling the arguments of those who are indeed against peace and reconciliation in Afghanistan."

And two of the top U.S. commanders in Afghanistan have said the plan risked undermining U.S. President Barack Obama's efforts to reach out to the world's 1.5 billion Muslims.

Vatican Condemns Quran-Burning | News | English

Last edited:
I don't think Islam determining the rules of conduct are the solution either. Especially when seeing the Hypocrisy behind any expectations. Either Human Right's apply without Partiality, or Tyranny results.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

This is my opinion. -EZ

I agree with your opinion. I watched an interview he did with Anderson Cooper last night. He was clearly exposed as a bigot.

I agree with your first comments, EZ, but not the second part. The blood is on the hands of who ever does the killing. Anyone that can use some event such as this as an excuse to kill someone is the one deserving of scorn and should take the full responsibility for his/her actions. No one forces another to kill, there are no excuses.
Extreme fanatics are insane by our standards (e.g., the 9/11 shahids). We know that many of these Islamic extremists are not only ready and willing to die and all they need is a reason -- a push. Burning the Koran will incite them just as provoking an angry dog will cause it to attack. Deliberately provoking a known fanatic to violence makes one culpable for the fanatic's actions.

Free speech does not mean it's okay to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Therefore free speech is limited, not absolute. So this opportunistic minister, Jones, should be enjoined from burning the Koran and he should be arrested and imprisoned if he does it. Let him explain his action to the Black Muslims there.

I agree with your first comments, EZ, but not the second part. The blood is on the hands of who ever does the killing. Anyone that can use some event such as this as an excuse to kill someone is the one deserving of scorn and should take the full responsibility for his/her actions. No one forces another to kill, there are no excuses.
Extreme fanatics are insane by our standards (e.g., the 9/11 shahids). We know that many of these Islamic extremists are not only ready and willing to die and all they need is a reason -- a push. Burning the Koran will incite them just as provoking an angry dog will cause it to attack. Deliberately provoking a known fanatic to violence makes one culpable for the fanatic's actions.
Free speech does not mean it's okay to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Therefore free speech is limited, not absolute. So this opportunistic minister, Jones, should be enjoined from burning the Koran and he should be arrested and imprisoned if he does it. Let him explain his action to the Black Muslims there.

Then in that case we let the the fanatics define what we call free speech? Since its only going to offend them anyway. Again as I stated before, "all on them, none on us."
We cannot stop speech based soley on the reaction of idiots.

And this is in no way like crying fire in a crowded theatre. That is an IMMIDIATE danger to life. This is not.

Forum List

Back