That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

Sorta like putting a mosque close to ground zero? I can see that....

kindalike putting a pedo catholic church near a school?
Orthodox Jews set fire to hundreds of copies of the New Testament in the latest act of violence against Christian missionaries in the Holy Land.

Or Yehuda Deputy Mayor Uzi Aharon said missionaries recently entered a neighborhood in the predominantly religious town of 34,000 in central Israel, distributing hundreds of New Testaments and missionary material.

After receiving complaints, Aharon said, he got into a loudspeaker car last Thursday and drove through the neighborhood, urging people to turn over the material to Jewish religious students who went door to door to collect it.

"The books were dumped into a pile and set afire in a lot near a synagogue," he said.

The newspaper Maariv reported Tuesday that hundreds of yeshiva students took part in the book-burning. But Aharon told The Associated Press that only a few students were present, and that he was not there when the books were torched.

"Not all of the New Testaments that were collected were burned, but hundreds were," he said.

He said he regretted the burning of the books, but called it a commandment to burn materials that urge Jews to convert.
Orthodox Jewish youths burn New Testaments in Or Yehuda - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Can we at least all agree that Terry Jones is an asshole? :)

MV5BMjAwNjAxNzM0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzQ4MjE3._V1._SX512_SY336_.jpg

"I am NOT an arse 'ole!"

Where's the harm? What are you saying is harmful?

It's hurting the Muslims that this Christian group burns their holy books. It is done with the intention of hurting Muslims.

This is still ok with you apparently. You must really hate Muslims.

I respect all religious texts and would not deliberately destroy or deface other's property.

Why would muslims care about what others think of their book? Really Sky, in all honesty, it wouldn't bother me the slightest if someone burned a Bible, it changes nothing in how I feel or what I believe. I hear crap each and every day on here about christians and no one gives a damn whether it hurts me or not. It's kind of sad that you seem to care if muslim's feelings are hurt, but the opposite is true for christians. We should tolerate what anyone says or does, and 'tolerate' it.

And it doesn't matter even if it was done with the intention to slight muslims, you can't infringe someone's free speech rights because you don't agree with them. It's as simple as that.

Here's where we differ. I give a shit about religious people burning other people's holy books out of hate and you don't.

Of course.

Do you agree that most of those who have spoken out in opposition are not advocating for his rights being infringed?

Why are you arguing with me then? Sounds like you agree with me? And you wonder how I can take it that you want his rights infringed? All I'm arguing is that he has a right to do this if he so choses, yet I'm getting a lot of crap for doing so.

I'm arguing with you because I disagree with him burning the books. I would like to see him decide not to do it. I have a problem with it.

But I haven't said that I agree with him burning anything, I said it was his right to do so, and you've argued with me about it.

You're getting crap because you don't condemn the book burning of the Qu'ran. It's aok with you. You are defending a Christian even when they're wrong. Why?

Not one iota of condemnation for this wretched action.

I don't think 'condemn' is the right word, I'm not emotionally invested in this one way or the other, other than free speech rights. I don't agree that it's the right or good thing to do, as I said it proves nothing, nor does it change anything. The actual act of burning a book in symbolism doesn't rank up there at the top of the list of atrocities, so I have a bit of a hard time getting as worked up about it as you apparently are.

If the 'harm' you are referring too is the potential violence it could cause by muslim extremists resorting to real violence, my question to you was if you felt it was right to stiffle free speech at that point?

Newby, did you oppose the building of a mosque near ground zero?

If so, why? If not, why not?

I'm up in the air on that one, but I don't think it's my right to tell them what they can or cannot do regardless, nor is it the government's right to tell them.

And I never said I didn't oppose them burning Quran's, I haven't made an argument one way or the other, I've spent the entire time in here arguing their right to do so. Because I've defended their free speech rights, you and others have jumped to a conclusion. You show me one post where I said I favored or was in support of them burning a Quran.

Orthodox Jews set fire to hundreds of copies of the New Testament in the latest act of violence against Christian missionaries in the Holy Land.

Or Yehuda Deputy Mayor Uzi Aharon said missionaries recently entered a neighborhood in the predominantly religious town of 34,000 in central Israel, distributing hundreds of New Testaments and missionary material.

After receiving complaints, Aharon said, he got into a loudspeaker car last Thursday and drove through the neighborhood, urging people to turn over the material to Jewish religious students who went door to door to collect it.

"The books were dumped into a pile and set afire in a lot near a synagogue," he said.

The newspaper Maariv reported Tuesday that hundreds of yeshiva students took part in the book-burning. But Aharon told The Associated Press that only a few students were present, and that he was not there when the books were torched.

"Not all of the New Testaments that were collected were burned, but hundreds were," he said.

He said he regretted the burning of the books, but called it a commandment to burn materials that urge Jews to convert.
Orthodox Jewish youths burn New Testaments in Or Yehuda - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Gee, where was everyone voicing how terrible this was? Thanks Jos. :lol:

Not my country, so I can't reply as to what freedoms they have in Isreal in regards to expression or speech.

It's hurting the Muslims that this Christian group burns their holy books. It is done with the intention of hurting Muslims.

This is still ok with you apparently. You must really hate Muslims.

I respect all religious texts and would not deliberately destroy or deface other's property.

Why would muslims care about what others think of their book? Really Sky, in all honesty, it wouldn't bother me the slightest if someone burned a Bible, it changes nothing in how I feel or what I believe. I hear crap each and every day on here about christians and no one gives a damn whether it hurts me or not. It's kind of sad that you seem to care if muslim's feelings are hurt, but the opposite is true for christians. We should tolerate what anyone says or does, and 'tolerate' it.

And it doesn't matter even if it was done with the intention to slight muslims, you can't infringe someone's free speech rights because you don't agree with them. It's as simple as that.

Here's where we differ. I give a shit about religious people burning other people's holy books out of hate and you don't.

You're right Sky, I can't do anything about someone else's hate, I am only in control of myself. And I have a thick skin when it comes to criticism, you have too if you are a christian and post on a message board. I see 'hate' all the time.

Why are you arguing with me then? Sounds like you agree with me? And you wonder how I can take it that you want his rights infringed? All I'm arguing is that he has a right to do this if he so choses, yet I'm getting a lot of crap for doing so.

I'm arguing with you because I disagree with him burning the books. I would like to see him decide not to do it. I have a problem with it.

But I haven't said that I agree with him burning anything, I said it was his right to do so, and you've argued with me about it.

But you stated that it was his right to burn the Korans as a Steelers fan.

I cannot condone that.

I cannot condone that.

Point to Newby. :lol:

Pats are going down sucka.... :eusa_angel:

I don't think 'condemn' is the right word, I'm not emotionally invested in this one way or the other, other than free speech rights. I don't agree that it's the right or good thing to do, as I said it proves nothing, nor does it change anything. The actual act of burning a book in symbolism doesn't rank up there at the top of the list of atrocities, so I have a bit of a hard time getting as worked up about it as you apparently are.

If the 'harm' you are referring too is the potential violence it could cause by muslim extremists resorting to real violence, my question to you was if you felt it was right to stiffle free speech at that point?

I'm up in the air on that one, but I don't think it's my right to tell them what they can or cannot do regardless, nor is it the government's right to tell them.

And I never said I didn't oppose them burning Quran's, I haven't made an argument one way or the other, I've spent the entire time in here arguing their right to do so. Because I've defended their free speech rights, you and others have jumped to a conclusion. You show me one post where I said I favored or was in support of them burning a Quran.

I haven't jumped to any conclusion that you support the burning.

I cannot condone that.

Point to Newby. :lol:

Pats are going down sucka.... :eusa_angel:

The Pats may be going down...but they won't be going down to Dennis Dixon.

I haven't jumped to any conclusion that you support the burning.

Then why are you arguing with me??? You said you agree that it's their right to burn it if they want too, and that's all I've said throughout this entire thread. :lol:

I'd bet a million dollars that

if this were a Muslim wanting to burn a Bible, all the people in here arguing against this man would be taking my position that we can't violate rights and that a Muslim would have every right to burn a bible. If this guy weren't a self professed 'christian', there would barely be a whimper from those outraged over it.

Not at all. I'll take that bet! :lol:

Yes, he has the right to burn stuff and I have a right to think he's a jerk for burning any book, and further that he is an asshole for burning this sacred book under these circumstances, and even further that he is nothing but a hateful selfish reckless delusion fool for still insisting on inciting Muslims in this manner despite the specific requests from our military not do so.

Publicly bullied into suppression my ass. We have a right to express ourselves and our opinions of him and even directly plead with him to change his mind. Boo hoo for hatred being confronted. :eusa_boohoo:

I'd bet a million dollars that

if this were a Muslim wanting to burn a Bible, all the people in here arguing against this man would be taking my position that we can't violate rights and that a Muslim would have every right to burn a bible. If this guy weren't a self professed 'christian', there would barely be a whimper from those outraged over it.

Not at all. I'll take that bet! :lol:

Yes, he has the right to burn stuff and I have a right to think he's a jerk for burning any book, and further that he is an asshole for burning this sacred book under these circumstances, and even further that he is nothing but a hateful selfish reckless delusion fool for still insisting on inciting Muslims in this manner despite the specific requests from our military not do so.

Publicly bullied into suppression my ass. We have a right to express ourselves and our opinions of him and even directly plead with him to change his mind. Boo hoo for hatred being confronted. :eusa_boohoo:

Actually, I agree with you Valerie.

As long as no one says that he can't based on the reasoning of others not agreeing with him, or saying it's 'hate', etc... There should be no reason to infringe on free speech rights, or you may be next.

The Pats may be going down...but they won't be going down to Dennis Dixon.

You may have a point on that one, but the jury is still out. We're hoping for the best. :tongue: And it's only four games.

That's only 25% of the season.

Teams have gotten into the playoffs with only winning 75% of their season, so I don't see that as an issue, and I certainly don't see them losing all four games either.

Forum List

Back