Thanksgiving

they were giving thanks by celebrating with the people who saved their lives....

I am also pretty darn sure they thanked the almighty god for a good shit too. Does that make shit a christian thing?

they were giving thanks by celebrating with the people who saved their lives
Actually NO
i'LL ASK YOU WHERE IS THE PILGRIMS PRAYER GIVING THANKS TO THE Indian IF THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO GO?

how ungrateful and rude those ass hole pilgrims were! Not to thank the people who saved them and taught them how to survive.....i am appealed in their lack of social graces.

Where's the prayer/ And happy Thanksgiving.

ranting fuckwits are obvious.

If you don't believe in God maybe you should work and not get that holiday pay.

I am not an atheist or a Christian, and I have chosen to work all holidays, in my seasonal tourism community. This gives those that do enjoy family and friends and food and football, a great chance to be together and I get to stay very busy with happy people who found businesses open, so they could browse and purchase. I also enjoy working weekends, much to the delight of my co-workers. I like to work when it is busy and so I choose my days and hours.

Thanksgiving is the only true American holiday and I spend much time on the phone with loved ones, before going into work, that I am so grateful for.

OK atheist put your money where your belief is. on thanksgiving day do not take off that Christian holiday with pay. After all Thanksgiving is giving thanks that thing you ridicule christian's about.

I'm taking off the whole fucking week with pay, biatch!

it is not a christian holiday nut case.

?????

Yeah, I think it is.

Pretty much. It's the only Christian holiday that can't be claimed for any other thing but giving Thanks to God.

Thanksgiving isn't about giving thanks to god. It's about giving thanks to whoever you want to give thanks to. If that's god, cool... if not, cool too.

As an atheist, I celebrate thanksgiving too... and I certainly don't thank god. I'll thank god if I get food poisoning and die... cause he's most to thank for all the shitty stuff in life!

Last edited:
"Days of fasting and thanksgiving on an annual or occasional basis became common practice in other New England settlements as well. During the American Revolution, the Continental Congress designated one or more days of thanksgiving a year, and in 1789 George Washington issued the first Thanksgiving proclamation by the national government of the United States; in it, he called upon Americans to express their gratitude for the happy conclusion to the country’s war of independence and the successful ratification of the U.S. Constitution. His successors John Adams and James Madison also designated days of thanks during their presidencies.

In 1817, New York became the first of several states to officially adopt an annual Thanksgiving holiday; each celebrated it on a different day, however, and the American South remained largely unfamiliar with the tradition. In 1827, the noted magazine editor and prolific writer Sarah Josepha Hale—author, among countless other things, of the nursery rhyme “Mary Had a Little Lamb”—launched a campaign to establish Thanksgiving as a national holiday. For 36 years, she published numerous editorials and sent scores of letters to governors, senators, presidents and other politicians. Abraham Lincoln finally heeded her request in 1863, at the height of the Civil War, in a proclamation entreating all Americans to ask God to “commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife” and to “heal the wounds of the nation.” He scheduled Thanksgiving for the final Thursday in November, and it was celebrated on that day every year until 1939, when Franklin D. Roosevelt moved the holiday up a week in an attempt to spur retail sales during the Great Depression. Roosevelt’s plan, known derisively as Franksgiving, was met with passionate opposition, and in 1941 the president reluctantly signed a bill making Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday in November."

Thanksgiving - Page 2 — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7v-LQsQKoY]Addams Family Values thankgiving play song "eat me" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
for you maybe its about god....

its about giving thanks... period. Its about being thankful for what you have and the people you love.

Most especially the Turkey and the PIE! amiright? :lol:

i cant decide.....but i think its all about the gravy!!!

Actually, for me, it is all about the dressing/stuffing. Oyster preferably. YUM. Has to have giblet gravy though, for it to totally rock.....

"Days of fasting and thanksgiving on an annual or occasional basis became common practice in other New England settlements as well. During the American Revolution, the Continental Congress designated one or more days of thanksgiving a year, and in 1789 George Washington issued the first Thanksgiving proclamation by the national government of the United States; in it, he called upon Americans to express their gratitude for the happy conclusion to the country’s war of independence and the successful ratification of the U.S. Constitution. His successors John Adams and James Madison also designated days of thanks during their presidencies.

In 1817, New York became the first of several states to officially adopt an annual Thanksgiving holiday; each celebrated it on a different day, however, and the American South remained largely unfamiliar with the tradition. In 1827, the noted magazine editor and prolific writer Sarah Josepha Hale—author, among countless other things, of the nursery rhyme “Mary Had a Little Lamb”—launched a campaign to establish Thanksgiving as a national holiday. For 36 years, she published numerous editorials and sent scores of letters to governors, senators, presidents and other politicians. Abraham Lincoln finally heeded her request in 1863, at the height of the Civil War, in a proclamation entreating all Americans to ask God to “commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife” and to “heal the wounds of the nation.” He scheduled Thanksgiving for the final Thursday in November, and it was celebrated on that day every year until 1939, when Franklin D. Roosevelt moved the holiday up a week in an attempt to spur retail sales during the Great Depression. Roosevelt’s plan, known derisively as Franksgiving, was met with passionate opposition, and in 1941 the president reluctantly signed a bill making Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday in November."

Thanksgiving - Page 2 — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Oh bitch, you know if you want to play that game, look at the history of Christmas, and tell me it's not a holiday for Pagans.

Forum List

Back