Thanksgiving dinner support group

For once I have to agree with Playtime....

FYI today was Chili cooking day for my annual Chili Sunday at my friends house. My chili is made with love, and by love I mean 9 strips of thick cut bacon for the fat to cook the vegetables in.

BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

For once I have to agree with Playtime....

FYI today was Chili cooking day for my annual Chili Sunday at my friends house. My chili is made with love, and by love I mean 9 strips of thick cut bacon for the fat to cook the vegetables in.
What vegetable are you talking about?

I also gotta clean the house real real good. My garage is a wreck. It's my catch all for everything I don't wanna deal with right now.

I hope Sal Monella visits Arlette's trailer. Arlette deserves to choke on a bone as well. :laughing0301:
Why don't you keep your nasty fish mouth shut when you don't have anything to contribute? Nobody comes to your dump, where you sit around alone on your ratty old sofa getting crazier every day.

What vegetable are you talking about?

The chili base is onion and peppers. You reduce the bacon down to fat, remove the crispy bacon, and then cook the veggies and the seasonings in the bacon fat before you add the meat (for my chili ground beef, veal, pork)

Why don't you keep your nasty fish mouth shut when you don't have anything to contribute? Nobody comes to your dump, where you sit around alone on your ratty old sofa getting crazier every day.
NO

I'm stressing out about Thanksgiving. I gotta cook this year and apparently I already screwed up. I got an 18 pound turkey for 10 people. So I get more meat, more pots, more stress. Should I smoke weed or not?
We had plans to get all the family together this year for Thanksgiving (in Florida). Then one of the grandkids that lives up in Atlanta had a problem that will will require an outpatient procedure on Tuesday. Nothing serious but it will take her a few days to recover so the Atlanta family decided not to come down.

The other family here said that we should just forget about all the hassle that goes with preparing a big dinner and just go to one of the restaurants in the area that will be serving.

It will be costly but none of all that preparing and cleanup. Just get in the car, drive a little, eat and then come home and watch football. After over 50 years of preparing the big dinners that sounded great to my wife and me.

The son and daughter-in-law are going to her son's. They were going to go to her daughter's. I declined that invite so it's the man with the alcoholic wife. I shall contribute a pumpkin pie. I got an assortment of PF Changs and will enjoy the dog show alone.

Now I have to do more meat. It's gotta go in the same oven somehow. I only have four burners and they expect the whole spread
Honey Baked Ham is your answer! It's cooked and ready to serve. Let the turkey hoard the oven as long as it wants!

Instant Or-Ida mashed potatoes, cook in the pouch frozen BirdsEye Steamfresh veggies might take some pressure off. Both are done in minutes. Have a good Thanksgiving.

Instant Or-Ida mashed potatoes, cook in the pouch frozen BirdsEye Steamfresh veggies might take some pressure off. Both are done in minutes. Have a good Thanksgiving.
The people I cook for would beat my ass if I served that.

THE MASHED POTATOES ARE A BOILING!

well actually the chunks are. mashing later.

Forum List

Back