Thanks To Obamacare, Insurers Must Give Back $36 Million To California Small Business

You don't have the spine to tell a person with cancer, sorry you just have to die because you've hit your coverage cap for the year and have been dropped from your insurance plan.
There are other ways to pay for cancer care other than insurance...I've seen them.

Try again, comrade.

Oh do tell...let me guess....charity!

Right??

I can use a good laugh, please respond with the word charity.
That's one way...There are others.

Your determination to have others foot the bill for services you receive is your problem, comrade.

More: Thanks To Obamacare, Major Insurers Have To Give Back $36 Million To California Small Businesses | By Sy Mukherjee

The positive results of Obamacare are beginning to be noticed. It's good, but just think how much better it could have been if Republicans had helped.

With 38 million people in California, employers will have to carefully decide where to invest their 90 cent windfall...

Obamunism - religion of terminal fucktards.....

lol
I like to call them Obama cult members, they remind me of the Jim Jones cult..thinkprogress is in it

Last edited:
Yes, if you refuse to carry health insurance, the heavy hand of the IRS/Ocare will come down on you in the form of a penalty. This hasn't happened before.....fed govt requiring you to buy a product.

Sure it has, Mussolini and Hitler were both big on merging corporate and government power structure. Little lord Obama is just following in their footsteps. He is; Il Douche.

Up until O care, the citizens of the US weren't forced to buy a product. Now, they are. Im sure the founders would have loved that in fine king george fashion.

You aren't forced to buy it any more than you are forced to buy education. In either case if you do - your tax bill will likely be lower.

Yes, if you refuse to carry health insurance, the heavy hand of the IRS/Ocare will come down on you in the form of a penalty.

Its not a criminal penalty.

This hasn't happened before.....

So what?

fed govt requiring you to buy a product.

Someone has to pay for your healthcare - why shouldn't it be you?

You aren't forced to buy it any more than you are forced to buy education. In either case if you do - your tax bill will likely be lower.

Yes, if you refuse to carry health insurance, the heavy hand of the IRS/Ocare will come down on you in the form of a penalty.

This hasn't happened before.....

So what?

fed govt requiring you to buy a product.

why don't you PAY for your own..?

There are other ways to pay for cancer care other than insurance...I've seen them.

Try again, comrade.

Oh do tell...let me guess....charity!

Right??

I can use a good laugh, please respond with the word charity.
That's one way...There are others.

Your determination to have others foot the bill for services you receive is your problem, comrade.

LOL, "others". Please don't be too specific. That might actually make you look like what you're talking about. *gasp*!

As long as it comes from someone else's pocket its cool? Keep telling yourself that opening Pandora's box was a great idea, but for Gods sake you had better not get sick, otherwise your expendable, just a number, with an age bracketed next to it. The word quality and health care is like apples and oranges, but then again, few people have ever had the first hand opportunity to experience the reality of the process.

On Tuesday, Golden State small businesses and their employees got some great news: two of the state’s largest insurers will have to give them over $36 million in insurance rebates because of an Obamacare consumer protection.

The health law forces insurers to spend at least 80 percent of the premiums they charge on paying for actual medical services, rather than administrative overhead or profits. That means more money for ordinary consumers — and less for profitable insurance companies.

The so-called “80/20 rule” put $1.5 billion back into Americans’ pockets in 2011 alone. The average rebate was $151 per family across all insurance markets, and in states where insurers blatantly gouged prices, average rebates topped a whopping $500 per family.

Now, the benefits for Californians with small business health plans are beginning to materialize. Blue Shield of California will be forced to pay back $24.5 million in rebates. Anthem Blue Cross will have to pay back another $12 million.

More: Thanks To Obamacare, Major Insurers Have To Give Back $36 Million To California Small Businesses | By Sy Mukherjee

The positive results of Obamacare are beginning to be noticed. It's good, but just think how much better it could have been if Republicans had helped.

Good news that doesn't outdue the bad news. CA premiums and deductibles have gone up more than any other state. That $36 mil will come out to be pennies compared to deductible increase.

All I know is this. Over the last two years I have seem my premiums and deductibles go up more than in any previous year I can recall and the law hasn't kicked in yet. Just wait until next year!

It's a stupid law. In order for insurance companies to be able to cover claims, they have to be able to build up reserves. Requiring 80% go to services lowers the viability of insurance companies in the long run.

But that really is the point...to destroy private insurance so that Nationalized Health Care Rationing is the only alternative left.

It's a stupid law. In order for insurance companies to be able to cover claims, they have to be able to build up reserves. Requiring 80% go to services lowers the viability of insurance companies in the long run.

Really? Because they are operating 80/20 now and I haven't heard of claims not being covered because of lack of funds.

Really? Because they are operating 80/20 now and I haven't heard of claims not being covered because of lack of funds.

^^^The heartbreak of economic illiteracy on parade. ^^^

ObamaCare increases the array of things to be covered, institutes price controls, and adds millions of people to the system. Once people start gaming the system by not paying for insurance until they have a medical issue (it's a lot cheaper to just pay the fine), reserves will quickly be depleted.

IOW, we ain't seen nuthin' yet.

So what?

I do. Why do you have a problem paying for yours?

I've paid for mine all my life and never expected my children and grandchildren to now be FORCED to pay for others or being fined by their tyrant government...you explain that to yours how you were for this by approving ObamaCare..

Last edited:

I do. Why do you have a problem paying for yours?

I've paid for mine all my life and never expected my children and grandchildren to now be FORCED to pay for others or being fined by their tyrant government...you explain that to yours how you were for this by approving ObamaCare..

You've been forced to pay for others for decades, quit your whining - Medicaid is nothing new. We don't have a "tyrant government" - our Republican government is chosen through a Democratic process known as "elections" and our chief executive is chosen indirectly by the People and States.

Once people start gaming the system by not paying for insurance until they have a medical issue (it's a lot cheaper to just pay the fine), reserves will quickly be depleted..

Except that isn't a problem in Massachusetts where enrolment exceeded 98% in 2010

Myth vs. Fact: Health Care Reform in Massachusetts | Center for American Progress

If it becomes a problem the solution is quite simple.

You are comparing apples and oranges. But if you wish to cite MA as an example, it has imposed low price controls (and more taxes) in order to address its billion dollar cost overrun. It's only a matter of time until doctor shortages will make health care unavailable, despite the state mandate.

Last edited:
Once people start gaming the system by not paying for insurance until they have a medical issue (it's a lot cheaper to just pay the fine), reserves will quickly be depleted..

Except that isn't a problem in Massachusetts where enrolment exceeded 98% in 2010

Myth vs. Fact: Health Care Reform in Massachusetts | Center for American Progress

If it becomes a problem the solution is quite simple.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

LOL! You idiots still trying to promulgate that lie? When Mittens tried it - the American People did not believe him.

But if you wish to cite MA as an example, it has imposed low price controls (and more taxes) in order to address its billion dollar cost overrun. It's only a matter of time until doctor shortages will make health care unavailable, despite the state mandate.
Sure thing buddy. Its only a matter of time before we're all Communist, too, right? And the terrorists come and take our freedoms? Social Security is bankrupt, too, right?

Forum List

Back