Thanks Privatizers...

I still can't believe we are listening to Huggy complain that the government isnt going to subsidize his alcohol problem.

Can't believe Huggy period, 50% increase in alcohol, oh wait maybe 20%-30%. Costco only had businesses, when others have been members for years, and then he claims he should know. Then construction is booming in Seattle when I know of those not working in that field because of layoffs. Unemployment is 8.1 17th highest in the country. It is growing at 1.6% annually which is better than the US average of 1% annually.

But Huggy is very shallow on real facts.

Prove what I posted and backed up with links is not true.

That's what I thought.

Moron.

I have found nothing, and my parents being members of Costco since it opened in the 80's tells me your full of shit. My being a member since the mid 80's tell me your full of shit. My googling the unemployment rates tells me you are full of shit. You saying alcohol was going to cost 50% more and you backing off of it, tells me you are full of shit. My nephew and cousin who live in the Seattle area tells me you are full of shit. The growth rate being 1.6% tells me you are full of shit.

The fact that nothing has happened yet tells me that the stories are all speculation. You won't even know until the first, when the first bottles are sold and if they are higher, it is because the state is wanting a bigger cut, according to YOUR precious articles.

I think most of the people who read this thread know that you are full of shit.

Last edited:
Fuck you moron. "I" didn't make the "claims". I provided appropriate links.

"I" don't really give a rat's ass about alcohol...as I rarely drink it. What I care about is big money overwhelming reason and convincing idiots like yourself to vote for things that do not help the community nor save it money.

how is subsidizing alcohol a good thing for the community?

The state MADE money on alcohol sales. What I liked about the previous system was that people who ONLY sold hard liquor made sure that only sober adults bought it. I never heard of ONE sale to a minor in a styate liquor store whereas illegal sales to minors happens all of the time in grocery stores.

I wonder how many teen agers are still alive and not wrapped around a telephone pole because it was more difficult to buy hard liquor in Washington State?

How many will die for the pursuit of a dollar now?

Can't believe Huggy period, 50% increase in alcohol, oh wait maybe 20%-30%. Costco only had businesses, when others have been members for years, and then he claims he should know. Then construction is booming in Seattle when I know of those not working in that field because of layoffs. Unemployment is 8.1 17th highest in the country. It is growing at 1.6% annually which is better than the US average of 1% annually.

That's what I thought.

Moron.

I have found nothing, and my parents being members of Costco since it opened in the 80's tells me your full of shit. My being a member since the mid 80's tell me your full of shit. My googling the unemployment rates tells me you are full of shit. You saying alcohol was going to cost 50% more and you backing off of it, tells me you are full of shit. My nephew and cousin who live in the Seattle area tells me you are full of shit. The growth rate being 1.6% tells me you are full of shit.

The fact that nothing has happened yet tells me that the stories are all speculation. You won't even know until the first, when the first bottles are sold and if they are higher, it is because the state is wanting a bigger cut, according to YOUR precious articles.

You and your relatives are liars.

That's what I thought.

Moron.

You and your relatives are liars.

Prove it!

Somebody -- probably a lot of insider somebodies -- made a lot of money selling off the state monopoly.

Now I don't say this as an advocate of state liquor stores. I'm not in favor of the state being in the retail sales business for anything, really.

I'm just positing that the when a government sells something of value it is likely that somebody in the state (but probably not the state itself) does very well selling off that public revenue generator to a private firm.

Last edited:

That's what I thought.

Moron.

that's a lot of shit.

Sorry, but I just don't see where the state needs to be selling alcohol. It's something that should be privatized if it isn't.

Prisons, on the other hand, should not be privatized...

Silly move by the State.

In NH all the liquor stores are run by the State.

Loads of revenue every year.

Dumb move by Washington State and it sounds like a real kick in the teeth for booze buyers.
Government for profit is fundamentally wrong.

want to talk about the cumberland road or the Lousianna Purchase?
Go ahead. Does not negate My position. Funny how you need to go back 200 years to try and make a point.

Government does not exist to profit from its power, and those who support such a position are willing accomplices to their own demise.

Sorry, but I just don't see where the state needs to be selling alcohol. It's something that should be privatized if it isn't.

Alcohol is a dangerous drug. It is a public safety issue.

When the state runs it, do they control how much you can buy?

Good question. They didn't need to try to control how much I could buy. I purchased maybe a couple dozen bottles of spirits in my lifetime. I never heard of a bar owner being denied quantity. But then..I don't think I would be alerted. :lol:

Absolutely! I have to be honest and tell you that I have NEVER heard of a 'state run or owned' liquor store. I had no idea that they existed.

With the record of government running a business, did they lose money?

When the state runs it, do they control how much you can buy?

Good question. They didn't need to try to control how much I could buy. I purchased maybe a couple dozen bottles of spirits in my lifetime. I never heard of a bar owner being denied quantity. But then..I don't think I would be alerted. :lol:

Then it seems there is no reason for the state to be involved in the sale of alcohol.

Absolutely! I have to be honest and tell you that I have NEVER heard of a 'state run or owned' liquor store. I had no idea that they existed.

PA has complete control over the retail liquor sales.

Accordingly then they will only sell you a six pack at a time and a pint of liquor every 3 days.
You believe government cares about how much alcohol one consumes?

I've only lived in one state that owned the liquor stores, Virginia. Couldn't buy on Sundays. It was stupid.

To Huggy, not going to say you are lying because maybe Costco denied you membership based on your extreme low IQ.

Here are some links for you:

http://www.costco.com/Membership/MembershipPopup.aspx

From the article:
The History of Costco

The company's first location, opened in 1976 under the Price Club name, was in a converted airplane hangar on Morena Boulevard in San Diego. Originally serving only small businesses, the company found it could achieve far greater buying clout by also serving a selected audience of non-business members. With that change, the growth of the warehouse club industry was off and running. In 1983, the first Costco warehouse location was opened in Seattle. Costco became the first company ever to grow from zero to $3 billion in sales in less than six years. When Costco and Price Club merged in 1993, the combined company, operating under the name PriceCostco, had 206 locations generating $16 billion in annual sales.

Price Club was only small business for a year, Costco never was.

As far as unemployment, Washington State is 17th highest.
http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/lauhsthl.htm

As far as your 50% exaggeration, that is already seen in this thread.

Do you really know what you are talking about?

Come on Huggy, you lied like the partisan moron you are, and you got caught.

You don't like getting called out for being a stupid, fucking liar? Then stop lying. it's real simple.

"I" don't really give a rat's ass about alcohol...as I rarely drink it. What I care about is big money overwhelming reason and convincing idiots like yourself to vote for things that do not help the community nor save it money.

We get it Huggy, you yearn for a world where the state tells you when to get up in the morning, the state tells you when to go to bed, the state tells you when, what and how much to eat, The state tells you what to think and when to think it.

You're a democrat.

Come on Huggy, you lied like the partisan moron you are, and you got caught.

You don't like getting called out for being a stupid, fucking liar? Then stop lying. it's real simple.

We get it Huggy, you yearn for a world where the state tells you when to get up in the morning, the state tells you when to go to bed, the state tells you when, what and how much to eat, The state tells you what to think and when to think it.

You're a democrat.

Why isn't he advocating for gov't to take over every industry if they can do it for cheaper?

Well I guess I'm being unfair, I'm sure given enough time Huggy will do exactly that.

Forum List

Back