Thanks Privatizers...

Christ almighty. Liberals have become so pussified that they can't even afford liquor without the help of every other taxpayer. Have I mentioned how much I hate you douchebags?

How do you know it's 50% more? I doesn't go on sale in stores until June 1st. Of course you can always go to Idaho or Oregon where it has been cheaper for years.

Also liquor stores are going to open up in the state and offer the wide varieties of alcohol, not just the fast moving stuff, just like California and Nevada.

50% might be an exaggeration in some cases. Overall it appears that 20-30% is more likely. The fact is that the state was doing a good job already and the only thing gained by the public is a few more locations and a lot more cost.

This is the exact story that I saw the other night.

As private liquor stores open, prices could go up | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News
No, they weren't doing a good job.

When I was in Seattle, the liquor prices were easily 20%-25% higher than in places like Colorado and California, and the beer selection (available only in grocery/convenience stores) sucked ass.

In fact, the cost of living in general in WA is insane.

Your lack of knowledge of Seattle reminds me of the ignorant "Kitten Koder". :lol:

The Fred Meyer store I shop for groceries at in Ballard has a whole 200 ft aisle dedicated to beer. There are literally hundreds of brands. As for the cost of living .. The cost of living in any city is based on supply and demand and the availability of spending money of it's citizens. Seattle still has a robust economy in spite of some cutbacks due to the effects of the national economy and the burst of the housing price bubble.

We do pay around 50 cents a gallon more for gas which is a complete ripoff since we have refineries just up the I-5 in Anacortes. But our economy ..especially construction, is going great guns. There are contruction cranes everywhere you look on the horizon. Boeing, Microsoft, Costco ..Amazon etc.. They are all American and local companies have helped keep our economy vibrant.

More money available drives prices up. I would rather live in a place that has money than one that does not.

50% might be an exaggeration in some cases. Overall it appears that 20-30% is more likely. The fact is that the state was doing a good job already and the only thing gained by the public is a few more locations and a lot more cost.

As private liquor stores open, prices could go up | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

When I was in Seattle, the liquor prices were easily 20%-25% higher than in places like Colorado and California, and the beer selection (available only in grocery/convenience stores) sucked ass.

Your lack of knowledge of Seattle reminds me of the ignorant "Kitten Koder". :lol:

The Fred Meyer store I shop for groceries at in Ballard has a whole 200 ft aisle dedicated to beer. There are literally hundreds of brands. As for the cost of living .. The cost of living in any city is based on supply and demand and the availability of spending money of it's citizens. Seattle still has a robust economy in spite of some cutbacks due to the effects of the national economy and the burst of the housing price bubble.

We do pay around 50 cents a gallon more for gas which is a complete ripoff since we have refineries just up the I-5 in Anacortes. But our economy ..especially construction, is going great guns. There are contruction cranes everywhere you look on the horizon. Boeing, Microsoft, Costco ..Amazon etc.. They are all American and local companies have helped keep our economy vibrant.

More money available drives prices up. I would rather live in a place that has money than one that does not.

Great. Then buy your own booze and STFU

How do you know it's 50% more? I doesn't go on sale in stores until June 1st. Of course you can always go to Idaho or Oregon where it has been cheaper for years.

Also liquor stores are going to open up in the state and offer the wide varieties of alcohol, not just the fast moving stuff, just like California and Nevada.

Time will tell, my guess is Costco will be cheaper. But I did notice the state is going to take more in fees, that can't help.

Costco is not a public store. You have to own a business and pay a yearly fee to shop there.

Washinton State recently voted to privatize liquor sales and get the state out of the liquor buisness.

Results?

A bottle of your favorite hooch costs 50% more.

Availability?... Not so much. State used to stock EVERYTHING.

Private sellers? They only stock the fast movers.

Thanks to you assholes that think privatizing is better.

Did I mention how much I hate you people?

Liquor privatization in Washington state upheld | KING5.com Seattle

Figures.

Even as a libertarian, I've learned a deep abiding mistrust at efforts to 'privatize' services once provided by government. Nearly every time I've seen it done it turns into a corporatist mess - awarding fiefdoms to the highest bidders.

The only kind of 'privatization' I can get behind is a simple cessation of the government service in question, along with abolishing all laws preventing others from providing the service. But of course, it's never done that way.

every time we privatize things will increase in price.

It means profit has to be added to the price.

Its common fucking sense

That is one of the MOST INCREDIBLY STUPID statements that I have read recently!

"Every time we privatize things will increase in price."

Really? I have to admit that I'm just sitting here reading that statement over and over and shaking my head...

You damn capatalists!

I'd wait until the privatization is completed before I started complaining.

Are you now going to have access to online liquor sales?

Fred Meyer sells groceries, don't they?...Yeah, we both knew they did....The selection just about everywhere else still sucks.

You pay more for gas because the state fuel tax is higher than just abut anywhere else in the nation, to go along with all the other ridiculously high rates of taxation in the state....If I were paying those prices every day and rewarded with sitting on that parking lot known a I-405, I'd be plenty pissed off too. :lol:

Your link makes NO mention of stocks of liquor declining at private retailers. Do you have another link or proof you'd like to provide?

Nor of prices increasing. One leftist rag said prices MAY go up, but there is no rational reason they would.

Can any mindless leftist point to a state that has free sale of alcohol where prices are HIGHER than in states with government run liquor stores?

I went to Indiana last week, booze is nearly impossible to buy outside of a bar or restaurant. Naturally, the prices are insane. A bottle of Clos Dubois 2006 that runs $9 in California - including taxes, was going for $62. Restaurants put a mark up on wine. But since Target and Wal*Mart can't sell it, there is no where else available.

So leftists, please point to a state with government run liquor stores that has lower average prices than California, Arizona, Nevada, etc....

Its common fucking sense

Really? I have to admit that I'm just sitting here reading that statement over and over and shaking my head...

You damn capatalists!

where TM got the dumb-ass idea that state stores sell at cost (plus taxes) I have no fucking idea. you?

Its common fucking sense

You damn capatalists!

where TM got the dumb-ass idea that state stores sell at cost (plus taxes) I have no fucking idea. you?

She thinks Government is a business...after all? She's quoted the Constitution so many times...:eusa_shhh:

Fred Meyer sells groceries, don't they?...Yeah, we both knew they did....The selection just about everywhere else still sucks.

You pay more for gas because the state fuel tax is higher than just abut anywhere else in the nation, to go along with all the other ridiculously high rates of taxation in the state....If I were paying those prices every day and rewarded with sitting on that parking lot known a I-405, I'd be plenty pissed off too. :lol:

Slightly off topic but......

I-5 and I-405 ARE subject to occasional traffic congestion. We put up with it because there is no alternative. With Puget Sound on Seattle's "West Coast" and 20 mile long Lake Washington on it's East side and seeing as how most of the town is built on significant hills there really is no place to build more freeways. There are plenty of alternatives for us locals ... I NEVER get stuck on the freeways. If ya know the choke points and the side streets to duck off on it isn't that hard to get around ...even in rush hour.

Time will tell, my guess is Costco will be cheaper. But I did notice the state is going to take more in fees, that can't help.

Costco is not a public store. You have to own a business and pay a yearly fee to shop there.

Where the fuck do you get your information from?

Costco.com: Join the Club

They apparently just recently let non business owners join thier club for 55 dollars a year.

Costco started here in Seattle ..I know the guy that built most of them. He made a lot of money.

It used to be a "just for business owners" operation.

So what is your point?

They apparently just recently let non business owners join thier club for 55 dollars a year.

Costco started here in Seattle ..I know the guy that built most of them. He made a lot of money.

So what is your point?

Whats my point? Lets see.... you start a thread moaning about the effects of privatization-which you say has already led to a 50% increase in the cost of alcohol- all of which is wrong, and outright dishonest. And you conclude by stating how much you hate those of us that think differently than you. Then you make false claims about Costco. My point is that you are clueless, as you have demonstarted. you are not short of passion- I will give you that. But of reason? you are totally bereft.

So what is your point?

Whats my point? Lets see.... you start a thread moaning about the effects of privatization-which you say has already led to a 50% increase in the cost of alcohol- all of which is wrong, and outright dishonest. And you conclude by stating how much you hate those of us that think differently than you. Then you make false claims about Costco. My point is that you are clueless, as you have demonstarted. you are not short of passion- I will give you that. But of reason? you are totally bereft.

You are a troll that knows less than nothing about Seattle. I was not being dishonest. One of the segments of the local news report had bar owners complaining that they could not buy the varieties of spirits they used to be able to easily purchase from the state owned liquor stores and said they would probably have to increase the prices of drinks by as much as 50%.

I know the history of Costco very well. I mentioned them in the OP because they put in a major portion of the money that "sold" this idea to the public. This will NOT be better for the average citizen. It is just another example of business tricking people into voting against thier own best interests.

PS.. I know Costco did not take non bisiness members in the past because I have applied for membership and because I didn't have a business check at the time I was denied.

You are the one that has his head up his ass.

Its common fucking sense

Competition is what brings prices down. Having government in control means they charge what they want and the price will go up eventually. It's like with medical insurance companies. Government did not allow them to compete across state lines and prices went up. Government can't keep a whore house in business, so they shouldn't be running anything.

I notice the OP didn't bitch about the high cost of cigarettes, thanks to government imposing taxes. Guess that is okay that the price more than doubled in recent years.

So what is your point?

You are a troll that knows less than nothing about Seattle. I was not being dishonest. One of the segments of the local news report had bar owners complaining that they could not buy the varieties of spirits they used to be able to easily purchase from the state owned liquor stores and said they would probably have to increase the prices of drinks by as much as 50%.

I know the history of Costco very well. I mentioned them in the OP because they put in a major portion of the money that "sold" this idea to the public. This will NOT be better for the average citizen. It is just another example of business tricking people into voting against thier own best interests.

PS.. I know Costco did not take non bisiness members in the past because I have applied for membership and because I didn't have a business check at the time I was denied.

You are the one that has his head up his ass.

You decried the privatization as having increased the cost of alcohol 50%. You claimed such an increase had taken place, when no such increase has occurred. You then modifed the claimed results (that have still not happened) to 30%. And claimed that only business owners can purchase from Costco. And not a fucking thing is true.

On top of that, you think that all the residents of Washington ought to subsidize the drinking purchases of the citizens.

Its not trolling to point out your factual errors, dishonest statements, and generally lazy reasoning. I am not sure if you can do better, but I hope you will try.

Forum List

Back