Thanks for the tax break Barry!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SpidermanTuba, Jan 15, 2010.

1. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Looks like my wife and I will be getting quite a bit back more this year than last year.

I normally get $800 of my $2000 in annual education expenses as a credit. Thanks to Barry, I'll be getting all $2000.

Add in another $800 for the "Making Work Pay" credit, and that's $2000 more this year compared to last year.

Thanks Obama!

2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Who says there's no free lunch???? :lol:

3. MIPS

MIPS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Hopefully the Federal Government will also send you a thank you note for the interest free loan you gave them last year, although I wouldn't count on it.

4. mascale

mascale VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +453
    The "Make Work Pay" portion of the refund is not based on anything paid in, but is a refund even if there is no other federal income tax liability. For an AGI at $15,000.00: Actually the "return" on no-investment-at-all is fairly decent. If you got nothing last year, you get something this year.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
    (Light-Skinned Man Not Give Like. . . .Well!)

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It ain't 'Obama Money', it's mine and every other fucking taxpayer.... you wanna thank someone, thank those of us who pay taxes.

You're welcome.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. MIPS

MIPS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Well technically it would be "Thank the Chinese, the printing presses at the Federal Reserve and future generations of American Tax Payers" since the taxes we pay in now don't even begin to cover the bills. :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    You did your taxes already??? :eek:

8. mascale

mascale VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +453
    Anyone would thank taxpayers if the federal income tax rate were more progressive, and the refundable tax credit adjusted upward. Even in famous Matthew 25::14-30, one servant gets five talents, and makes other five talents. Another servant gets two talents, and makes other two talents. Finally the servant with one talent gets nothing, and cast out. The next dissmissable servant has four talents.

More to the matter, in the manner of the Pythagorean Theorem, the household should have been enriched 8 talents, but was only enriched seven. The Square Root of five squared, plus the square root of five squared, is five talents, with no portions or decimals, (which didn't exist for another thousand years or so, at any rate, in that neighborhood).

If the household intends to get less and less with each successive, distribution, then it will collapse. In fact, the loss of one servant was probably horrific as a story at any rate: To anyone who understood the buying and selling of household servants at the time.

The law in pay raises, interest and dividend contracts, and so on: Tends to the fixed percentage pay basis shown in Matthew 25::14-30. It is Matthew 20::1-16, which has the equal amount, refundable concept. The first get the same as the last.

In the Matthew 25::14-30 concept, the rich keep it all, and the household gets successively less. And it's just arithmetic. That particular household did not have the refundable tax credit concept, of the other one in Matthew.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
    (Ancient Jewish people tell strange stories, using math of Greater deities of Greece, like is in the Pythagorean religion!)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  9. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Amen!

Although liberals still think Governments make money... :cuckoo:

Well, I guess they do... with a printing press. I guess I should say they don't earn money they just take from us the taxpayers...

I guess the guy should thank himself for the loan to the Government and the 5% or so he gets back out of what he puts in... :lol:

I would rather keep my money on the front end but I guess this guy wouldn't. :cuckoo:

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yep, and anyone with half a brain knows where printing money leads.... Zimbabwe anyone?