Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close

Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close | The Gateway Pundit

Three West Virginia coal plants just announced they will close this year. Metro News reported: Ohio based FirstEnergy Corporation announces it will close three coal fired power plants in West Virginia by this fall. The closings come directly from the impact of new federal EPA regulations. The plants to close are Albright Power Station, Willow Island Power Station, and the Rivesville Power Station. The company says 105 employees will be directly impacted. The three plants produce 660 megawatts and about 3-percent of FirstEnergy’s total generation. In recent years, the plants served as “peaking facilities” and generated power during times of...

The unemployed workers can always go out and start their own business or get jobs as CEOs

You jest.

Surely you jest.

I'll put good money on a truth that you don't understand W VA.

I think he is serious.

And his name isn't Shirley.

He said that the cost of energy would skyrocket. He intends to close ALL the coal plants.

Next to obama, carter looks good. He at least was concerned enough to get on television and tell people to put on a sweater.

Lib idiots think they are going to show the world by harming ourselves with these ridiculous EPA standards while China is doing worse things on the other side of the world.

They're wondering why you feel there is a need to replace it at all. We should all use less anyway and live within 'our means' as a civilization.
I really don't want to live in a yurt and burn buffalo shit for heat.

Neither do I but these enviro rads would rather not use toilet paper.
They can walk around stinky and crusty all they like. But when they demand I do as well, they're going to go through life bitter and disappointed.

Well, more than they are now.

Jobs lost and higher utility bills.

Bam Bam calls that victory.

On this, he kept his word:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHL404zhcU]Barack Obama Admits: Energy Prices Will Skyrocket Under Cap And Trade - YouTube[/ame]

He said that the cost of energy would skyrocket. He intends to close ALL the coal plants.

Next to obama, carter looks good. He at least was concerned enough to get on television and tell people to put on a sweater.

You mean like this?

MAILAISE.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

And then progressives scratch their heads and ask why businesses are opening factories in countries other than the United States...

Gee, what WOULD make them do such a thing? Duh...

Yes, but Obama instructed us on how to properly inflate our tires, that was great advice. What more could you ask for in a President.

Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close | The Gateway Pundit

Three West Virginia coal plants just announced they will close this year. Metro News reported: Ohio based FirstEnergy Corporation announces it will close three coal fired power plants in West Virginia by this fall. The closings come directly from the impact of new federal EPA regulations. The plants to close are Albright Power Station, Willow Island Power Station, and the Rivesville Power Station. The company says 105 employees will be directly impacted. The three plants produce 660 megawatts and about 3-percent of FirstEnergy’s total generation. In recent years, the plants served as “peaking facilities” and generated power during times of...

The unemployed workers can always go out and start their own business or get jobs as CEOs

You jest.

Surely you jest.

What does West Virginia have to do with it? If they pick themselves up by their bootstraps they can start their own mine

What do they want? Welfare?

Libs look to people in the urban ghetto living in public housing on welfare as the reason for the rest of us needing to quit having this or that.

It is unfair you drive a SUV, so libs will make it too expensive to own one with higher gas prices, luxury taxes, and carbon footprint taxes. If you are going to be "allowed" to own a car, it will be a Gubermint subsidized Volt....that the lib elites own stock in.

If you own a big house, well you're going to pay through the nose to heat it and keep the lights on because people in the ghetto (cough minorities) live in public welfare housing.....so you are going to be pushed into a cheaper and smaller house once those utilities are too much for you to pay. The Gubermint will just take your house once you leave and put 4 ghetto families into as public housing.

If their plan works in 10-20 years, most Americans will be miserable living in apartments with no car, just like the former USSR while people like Obamination get their vodka and SUVs.

You jest.

Surely you jest.

What does West Virginia have to do with it? If they pick themselves up by their bootstraps they can start their own mine

What do they want? Welfare?
No, they want know-it-all do-gooder asswipes like you to leave them the hell alone.

Those plants are apparently no longer economically viable unless the owners are willing to invest more money to clean up their discharge.

They were perfectly viable until the EPA changed the rules.

End of story.

As the owners are unwilling to make that investment to make those plants cleaner, they are electing to close down operations.

They are "unwilling" to spend money that doesn't make economic sense. Their customers will be the ones paying the cost - a fact that turds like you are intent on ignoring.

Their choice, kids, their choice.

It's not "their choice," asshole. This result was imposed on them by the EPA administration. No amount of spin can turn the power companies into the bad guys. Obama and the EPA are the bad guys. That conclusion is indisputable.

Now the capitalist models suggests that other investors will, upon sensing financial opportunity due to rising prices for energy, build cleaner coal fired plants to replace them.

What's wrong with that?

Only a fucking commie would use a term like "the capitalist models." Again, you ignore the fact that consumers are the ones who will have to suck it up. You're just an asshole who doesn't give a damn that the poor and middle class will have to pay more for electric power because of your imbecile environmental agenda.

Don't you people have FAITH in the invisible hand of the market?

Apparently you don't have faith in that invisible hand of the market when it dopeslaps the people with money.

Why is it that you have every confidence in the invisible hand when it is dopeslapping consumers but not businesses?

Those plants that are shutting down are competeing with plants that DON'T spew crap into the air.

Level playing field and they just cannot compete.

I thought you guys all loved the CREATIVE DESTRUCTION of capitalism.

Well?

Do you or do you not believe in that?

The bottom line is that consumers will be the ones who have to pay the higher cost of electricity this policy will cause, and you don't give a flying fuck. You're a callous piece of shit who is totally unconcerned about the poor paying a larger percentage of their income for electricity.

That's why rational people despise assholes like you.

The bottom line is that consumers will be the ones who have to pay the higher cost of electricity this policy will cause, and you don't give a flying fuck. You're a callous piece of shit who is totally unconcerned about the poor paying a larger percentage of their income for electricity.

When did the right ever give a shit about the poor?

Forum List

Back