Thankful Adopted Pets

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
B3Tue3JIgAAATZJ.jpg

There are some really good ones here. Ever visit a local animal shelter? The tough part is there are so many you'd love to take home. Anyhow, see all 32 pix @ http://www.buzzfeed.com/kaelintully/im-thankful-for-snuggles-and-snacks-snugs-n-snicks

A few years ago...14 to be exact. I found a 8 week old kitten in the midst of one of our worst snow storms, inside a garbage pale that had blown over. She was soaking wet, her body temperature was 94, and she was shaking like a leaf. Immediately took her in, wrapped her in a huge beach towel, and the wife put a hair dryer on her. She immediately began to purr. My wife had to hold her through the night, as when she let go, the little girl would go into uncontrollable shivers. After 10 hours he body temp was up to 101, she stopped shivering, but purred incessantly. We still have her, when my wife lays down, or goes to sleep, STORMY runs to her, and cuddles to her chest, or neck, burying her head into my wife, like a lost child found, and as she did the first day of saving her life...still purring like a motorboat. THAT is what makes saving one of these small creatures worth EVERYTHING! UNDYING LOVE, is all that they give or ask for.

It's a tough life outside, after a few short years, many look like this poor fellow, but with a little love,and a couple of good meals everyday, most of them become your best friend, and realize exactly what you have done for them, to make their last years into what their first years weren't!

Picture066.jpg

Forum List

Back