Thank you, President Obama!

Has anyone considered that unemployment might not be related to the economy as we know it, but other factors that have not been important before ?

As the economy heats up, unemployment will go down.

Unemployment is always the last thing to improve.

WHEN the economy heats up, unemployment will go down.

Your three graphs show an economy that is still in the pits.

The stock market is still below where it was 10 years ago.

Unlike when Reagan was in office and it tripled reaching new heights.

Chris still continues to ignore the numbers of the UNDERemployment rate as well. Add that to the unemployed losing their unemployment extension relief, along with the fact that temporary employment is always at its peak during this time of year (except when this administration increased census hiring to record levels to manipulate job growth numbers), and I'd be very cautious to do any celebrating of these recent job numbers. I'm more curious to what the underemployment rate will show in December, as well as the unemployment rates and numbers reflecting a loss in unemployment benefits for the months of January and February. Those figures together will create a REAL picture of the current state of our economy.

. . . . all of which is accomplished without the passage of more government spending under the Stimulus "America's Jobs Act". What will be the excuse of the left WHEN the economy does begin to show signs of a recovery, and the private sector is left alone without a rich tax hike or further government "meddling"?

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying. I really do. And i'm no apologist for any of them. Because i know both Bush & Obama work for the same Bosses. You should check out the movie 'The Obama Deception.' I know some say it's all just "Crazy Conspiracy" stuff but there is a whole lot of truth in it. You don't have to buy it all but much of it is reality in my opinion. You can watch it on Youtube. It's really the large secretive Global Organizations who are calling all the shots. I do tend to think our leaders are chosen by these very powerful Global Organizations. Obama is likely just a GE Employee in the end. But hey,i do repect your opinions. We don't have to agree. That's what Message Boards are all about. Enjoy your Saturday and God bless.

I'm only pissed at the Republicans for one reason. Back when I voted Republican for over 30 years they stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. Now they are in the pockets of the corporations and the wealthy.

What Reagan and the Bushes have done to this country's debts should be a crime and they should be punished for it. How can you blame Obama when he took over such a mess He assumed an annual interest payment from the Reagan Bushes debt of about $450 billion a year. Three years that's over $1.2 trillion. Kindly subtract that from Obama's debt and add it to the Reagan Bushes debt.

Yeah! I used to be a Democrat until they got taken over by Moscow! I'm so pissed that my DNC homepage reads exactly like the Communist Party homepage! Grrrrr! Can you feel the anger in my typing!

Instead of pretending to have been a Republican go do something more using like trying to suck your own dick

If you were standing where I could reach you I'd teach your dumb ass some manners.

I notice you completely left out Bill Clinton taking over Reagan and Bush41's mess...raising taxes back to where they were and balancing the budget and leaving surpluses. No Republican has done a goddam thing right in over 30 years.

Last edited:
I'm only pissed at the Republicans for one reason. Back when I voted Republican for over 30 years they stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. Now they are in the pockets of the corporations and the wealthy.

What Reagan and the Bushes have done to this country's debts should be a crime and they should be punished for it. How can you blame Obama when he took over such a mess He assumed an annual interest payment from the Reagan Bushes debt of about $450 billion a year. Three years that's over $1.2 trillion. Kindly subtract that from Obama's debt and add it to the Reagan Bushes debt.

Yeah! I used to be a Democrat until they got taken over by Moscow! I'm so pissed that my DNC homepage reads exactly like the Communist Party homepage! Grrrrr! Can you feel the anger in my typing!

Instead of pretending to have been a Republican go do something more using like trying to suck your own dick

If you were standing where I could reach you I'd teach your dumb ass some manners.
:woohoo: We have an internet tough guy!

:lol:

:eusa_whistle:

I notice you completely left out Bill Clinton taking over Reagan and Bush41's mess...raising taxes back to where they were and balancing the budget and leaving surpluses. No Republican has done a goddam thing right in over 30 years.

And how far did he get after the dotcom bubble burst that he had ZERO hand in creating but was aptly inclined to take credit for?

Last edited:
Unemployment drops to 8.6%

The unemployment rate had been expected to hold at 9 percent. It last dropped by 0.4 percentage point in January.

"The really good news is that employment has grown for four months running -- in large steps. There was a solid increase in private employment. Everything there looks steady, but clearly healthy and positive," said Pierre Ellis, a senior economist at Decision Economics in New York.

However, retail accounted for more than a third all new private sector jobs in November.

U.S. stock index futures added gains after the report, while Treasury debt prices briefly extended losses and interest rate futures held steady. The dollar extended gains versus the yen.

The report is unlikely to take much pressure off President Barack Obama, whose economic stewardship will face the judgment of voters next November. The outlook for the U.S. economy is also being threatened by Europe's deepening financial crisis.

The report could temper the appetite among some Federal Reserve officials to ease monetary policy further.

In forecasts released earlier this month, the Fed said the jobless rate would likely average 9 percent to 9.1 percent in the fourth quarter. It did not expect it to drop to an 8.5 percent to 8.7 percent range until late next year.

Data ranging from manufacturing to retail sales suggest the growth pace could top 3 percent in the fourth quarter, in contrast to China, where growth is cooling and the euro zone, which many economists believe is already in recession.

While the economy's growth pace appears to have accelerated from the third quarter's 2 percent annual rate, unemployment remains too high.

At the same time, U.S. fiscal policy is set to tighten in the new year, even if lawmakers extend a payroll tax cut.

Taken together, some analysts believe the headwinds facing the U.S. economy will lead the Fed to ease monetary policy further by buying more bonds.

"We still have a very long way to go. I would favor the Fed going for a third round of quantitative easing," said Ryan Sweet, a senior economist at Moody's Analytics in West Chester, Pennsylvania. "It's the only powerful tool left, even though it's losing some of its bang."

Analysts say the economy needs to create at least 125,000 jobs every month just to keep the unemployment rate steady.

But there are reasons to be cautiously optimistic.

Jobless rate drops to 8.6 percent, hiring picks up - Yahoo! Finance

Thank you, Mr. President!

obama.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'v given out too many rep in the past 24 hours, so hold on to that for now guys.

Your mouth is writing checks your sorry ass can not cash.

Here's what he posted just before that. I was telling him the truth. It's obvious nobody ever even tried to teach him any manners.

"Yeah! I used to be a Democrat until they got taken over by Moscow! I'm so pissed that my DNC homepage reads exactly like the Communist Party homepage! Grrrrr! Can you feel the anger in my typing!

Instead of pretending to have been a Republican go do something more using like trying to suck your own dick"

Last edited:
I've chewed up and spit out 500 people like you. I retired in 1993, bought my first "REAL" PC in the spring of 1994 and have posted on forums, boards and discussion groups ever since. You people need a dose of reality.

So you've live on boards for nearly 2 decades and your giving me a hard time for a few months?

Get a fucking clue old man.

I have more than a clue. I learned that if somebody posts 6000 times in five months they're living on the damn thing.
About 34 posts per day.

The Gubbamint did such a great job with Fannie and Freddie its only right for them to get further involved. What could possibly go wrong?
Freddie and Fannie were minor players in the financial crisis.

I know you desperately want to make them the villains but the facts don't back you up.

Minor players?

They set the underwriting standards for AAA rated paper and were far and away the largest players in the market, tell me how that makes them minor

Another Rightwing talking point, shot to hell!
rofl.gif

Private sector loans, not Fannie or Freddie, triggered crisis

*snip*

Commentators say that's what triggered the stock market meltdown and the freeze on credit. They've specifically targeted the mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which the federal government seized on Sept. 6, contending that lending to poor and minority Americans caused Fannie's and Freddie's financial problems.

Federal housing data reveal that the charges aren't true, and that the private sector, not the government or government-backed companies, was behind the soaring subprime lending at the core of the crisis.

Subprime lending offered high-cost loans to the weakest borrowers during the housing boom that lasted from 2001 to 2007. Subprime lending was at its height from 2004 to 2006.
Federal Reserve Board data show that:

• More than 84 percent of the subprime mortgages in 2006 were issued by private lending institutions.
  • Private firms made nearly 83 percent of the subprime loans to low- and moderate-income borrowers that year.
  • Only one of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006 was directly subject to the housing law that's being lambasted by conservative critics.

The "turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007"

647-20081013-ECONOMY-subprime.large.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

*snip*

A lot more facts at the link.

As the economy heats up, unemployment will go down.

Unemployment is always the last thing to improve.
It won't heat up until the O and Statists are gone and regulations are off the necks of the private sector along with punative taxation.
You and your retarded cousin who thanked you are just full of bullshit talking points today, aren't you?

Ignore him. He's Liability's bitch, acting out in order to get more attention from his morbidly obese master.

We have an internet piece of shit, too, but we put up with you.

Yes, thanks President Obama......

Because of you and your poor leadership, we (who the pundits declared dead and buried for a decade) got the house back in two years. We'll get the senate next year and with any luck you'll be riding a garbage truck home to Chicago where you can resume your activities as a community organizer while some serious work gets done in Wahshington.

Thanks.

Freddie and Fannie were minor players in the financial crisis.

I know you desperately want to make them the villains but the facts don't back you up.

Minor players?

They set the underwriting standards for AAA rated paper and were far and away the largest players in the market, tell me how that makes them minor

Another Rightwing talking point, shot to hell!
rofl.gif

Private sector loans, not Fannie or Freddie, triggered crisis

*snip*

Commentators say that's what triggered the stock market meltdown and the freeze on credit. They've specifically targeted the mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which the federal government seized on Sept. 6, contending that lending to poor and minority Americans caused Fannie's and Freddie's financial problems.

Federal housing data reveal that the charges aren't true, and that the private sector, not the government or government-backed companies, was behind the soaring subprime lending at the core of the crisis.

Subprime lending offered high-cost loans to the weakest borrowers during the housing boom that lasted from 2001 to 2007. Subprime lending was at its height from 2004 to 2006.
Federal Reserve Board data show that:

• More than 84 percent of the subprime mortgages in 2006 were issued by private lending institutions.
  • Private firms made nearly 83 percent of the subprime loans to low- and moderate-income borrowers that year.
  • Only one of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006 was directly subject to the housing law that's being lambasted by conservative critics.

The "turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007"

647-20081013-ECONOMY-subprime.large.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

*snip*

A lot more facts at the link.

Except fannie and freddie don't loan directly to the the consumer the way in which a retail bank does, the money is funneled through the banks first then the loan is often purchased by fannie and freddie. Also let's not forget that Fannie and Freddie were bailed out significantly in 2008, they took more money than any other private institution.

I don't think you'll find many people arguing that standards were too low, or that the private sector didn't take on huge losses. You are however neglecting to consider how government involvement impacted those underwriting standards in the first place.

I say get the govt out of the mortgage industry, if banks don't have the govt guaranteeing loan origination to the extent it does all of a sudden you will see banks make much better decisions when it comes to lending if they are on the hook for the potential losses.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Forum List

Back