Thai cave rescue

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Thank god they persisted in the search for them

Thailand cave rescue: Boys found alive after nine days - BBC News

the Brits are good at a lot of things!
....of course you need to be disciplined/organized/slow/etc while cave diving, as a Brit described the Brit divers....this guy also runs marathons....impressive
...I thought I remember the rule of '''don't go exploring caves'' when I was younger....?
..I find it very stupid to go so far into the cave!! maybe 50 yards--that's still a long way

Who made the dumbass decision to take those kids into that cave?
People take kids into caves all the time. We have state, and national parks where caves are a prime attraction. I doubt they knew the timing was such that a flash flood would entrap them...

A Thai Seal member died delivering air tanks. "Great is he who risks his life to save others." Those words are so true.

Here is an idea- use 3 foot diameter pipe run thru the water sections that the boys can crawl thru.

here are some good videos/3d /many maps/etc if you can stand the Big Brother ads:
A long, winding look inside a virtual cave like the one 12 Thai boys have to escape
Looks like a difficult cave in even dry conditions. I was surprised that they made it that far in.

6 boys out now. Things going fast now.
yes--were they trying to find a way out because of the flooding??
here are some good videos/3d /many maps/etc if you can stand the Big Brother ads:
A long, winding look inside a virtual cave like the one 12 Thai boys have to escape
Looks like a difficult cave in even dry conditions. I was surprised that they made it that far in.

6 already?? can you post that link?
they say it takes 5 hours to get out---that is long for a cave ..very long

yes--were they trying to find a way out because of the flooding??

6 already?? can you post that link?
they say it takes 5 hours to get out---that is long for a cave ..very long
Watching live feed on Fox but found an update online
First boys emerge from Thai cave as rescue mission enters final act
Sounds like they were partway in when water came and had to retreat further into cave when flooded.

...I'm sure they went over the plan and thought of almost every conceivable problem --small and large
they have experts from all over the world

so are they drugging them? that was suggested..to drug them so they would not panic and just bring them out like packages....with the experienced divers handling them....as crazy as it sounded it made sense....in a way

Forum List

Back